TWITTER has become a hotbed of debate between staunch believers of catastrophic anthropogenic global warming (CAGW) and those sceptical of the supposed adverse impacts of mankind’s energy emissions on planet Earth.
THERE is little grey area or middle-ground in often heated debates, with the CAGW camp blaming the burning of fossil fuels, namely coal, not only for a >1 degree celsius warming of the atmosphere since 1850, but on literally anything and everything that moves, shifts, spins or tilts upon contact with colourless, odourless, tasteless, non-reactive, trace gas and plant food carbon dioxide!
HERE’S s a list of everything caused by
global warming climate change as of 2012:
ANY good scientist is a sceptic; if he or she is not, then he or she should not be a scientist. But yet the language of the global warming alarmist, is to accuse anyone who does not believe in man-made climate change as a “denier”, a heretic, a blasphemer. This is the language of religion, not science.
SCEPTICS do not ‘deny’ the existence “climate change” or “global warming”. The earth’s average temperature has been increasing and decreasing since the beginning of time. A climate sceptic is basically ‘sceptical’ of how much of the recent warming can be attributed to the burning of fossil fuels versus natural variation. And, in fact, any slight warming might actually be beneficial. After all, cold weather is twenty times more deadly than hot weather, according to a study published in the British journal The Lancet.
MOREOVER, sceptics acknowledge the remarkable benefits of the essential gas-of-life, carbon dioxide, that has become so politically demonised with a religious zeal rivalling the Spanish Inquisition.
GREENPEACE co-founder and prominent climate sceptic Patrick Moore PhD penned a must read treatise on the benefits of life-giving CO2, noting “This is probably the most important paper I will ever write.“
MOORE looks at the historical record of CO2 in our atmosphere and concludes that we came dangerously close to losing plant life on Earth about 18,000 years ago, when CO2 levels approached 150 ppm, below which plant life can’t sustain photosynthesis. He notes:
A 140 million year decline in CO2 to levels that came close to threatening the survival of life on Earth can hardly be described as “the balance of nature”.
NOW, with 400ppm in the atmosphere, the biosphere is once again booming as many recent studies confirm. He also points out how environmental groups and politicians are using the “crisis” of CO2 increase to drive their own draconian agendas.
CONTROL CO2 and you control energy, thus you control everyone and everything!
AND to the point of this post!
“StormSignalSA” is a rancher and climate sceptic from the great land of South Africa. A recent tweet of his captured the attention of many for a wonderful response to a climate catastrophist who derided “Storm” for his stance on coal.
IT is a brilliant retort in defence of Mother Nature’s mighty black rock that has allowed us to improve human well-being and make the world a better place…
STORED solar energy that will continue to improve the lives of anyone exposed to it and lift millions more out of abject poverty, including the 1.3 Billion who still have no electricity, at all.
ALTERNATIVE energy sources, “unreliables“, are either too expensive, too difficult to access, or simply too inefficient to achieve any meaningful results for the most impoverished.
AMEN to that!
Alternative Energy Related :
- GREEN Energy – Killing The Earth To Save It | Climatism
- TRULY GREEN? How Germany’s #Energiewende Is Destroying Nature | Climatism
- UNRELIABLE Energy – Wind and Solar – A Climate Of Communism | Climatism
- Shock news : UN Carbon Regime Would Devastate Humanity | Climatism
Life-Saving Fossil Fuels Related :
- Saving Lives with Fossil Fuels | Bjorn Lomborg
- Bjørn Lomborg: Why Africa Needs Fossil Fuels, Not Wind Power & Wishes | Climatism
- Fossil Fuels Will Save the World (Really) | Climatism
Plant Food CO2 Related :
- THE Carbon Dioxide Word Game | Climatism
- CO2 In The Atmosphere Is Not Pollution | Climatism
- Bureaucratic Dioxide | Climatism
- China won’t classify CO2 as a pollutant in new environment law | Climatism
- Carbon Dioxide: The Gas of Life – Paul Driessen
CO2 – “The Stuff of Life” – Greening The Planet :
- CSIRO Censoring Their Own Climate Research | Climatism
- The global dance of carbon dioxide and spreading green flora « JoNova
- Greening the Planet and how Fossil Fuels protect world’s Flora & Fauna | Dr. Matt Ridley | Climatism
“BUT…but…without the U.S, how do we fund our climate gabfests in every exotic corner of the world?! Jet travel, 5-star hotels, champagne and caviar cost money you know!” – Signed, concerned UN climate elites and environmental NGO’s.
While the COP23 climate conference is going on in Bon this week, there has been renewed wailing and gnashing of teeth over President Trump’s withdraw from the 2015 Paris Climate Accord this past summer. There are lots of reasons why the US doesn’t need to participate, but looking at this one graph, it becomes clear that other countries aren’t leading the way, not one bit. The USA leads by a large margin.
This is the graph climate alarmists and tax revenue trough feeders don’t want you to see:
h/t to Robert Wilson via Twitter
Some BONUS Graphs:
In absolute terms coal use has fallen far more in America this century than anywhere else:
Most of the growth in CO2 emissions this century came from modernizing economies. And China and India dominated:
DEEP within human nature there are certain types of people who yearn for catastrophe, they yearn to have significance in their lives believing that theirs is the time when the chickens are coming home to roost and everything is going to go tits up.
THE biggest selling environmental books in history, predict the mass destruction of the planet. Rachel Carson’s 1962 international bestseller “Silent Spring” predicted mass cancer from plant pesticides and DDT. Paul Ehrlich’s “The Population Bomb” 1968, argued on malthusian lines that population explosion would mean mass starvation around the world. People buy this stuff. They lap it up and books like this sell in droves, in a way that more reasonable books that say “hang on, lets look at the facts”, don’t.
THIS short YouTube video via our friends @Carbongate needs no introduction, and is a must watch..
1970’s Global Cooling (Climate Change) Eco-scare related :
- THE Climate Change Farce Explained By Two Expert “Scientists” | Climatism
- The 1970’s Global Cooling Compilation – looks much like today | Climatism
- BBC – Real risk of a Maunder minimum ‘Little Ice Age’ | Climatism
- 40 Years Since Climate Scientists Warned Us! The New Ice Age Is Going To Starve Us To Death | Climatism
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | Climatism
- Cooling On The Warming: Now Warnings Of A Mini Ice Age | Climatism
- 1974 Shock News : CIA Said Global Warming Was A Good Thing | Real Science
MORE 1970′s Global Cooling Scare Related :
- Feds Alarmed By Global Cooling in 1974 | Climatism
- CIA 1974 National Security Threat : Global Cooling/Excess Arctic Ice Causing Extreme Weather | Real Science
- 1974 Shock News : CIA Said Global Warming Was A Good Thing | Real Science
- 1975 : Climatologists Wanted Permission To Melt The Arctic To Stop Disastrous Climate Change | Real Science
- 1972 : UN Scientists Wanted To Melt The Arctic By Spreading Soot On It | Real Science
- 1974 : NCAR Called Global Cooling The “New Norm” And Blamed Climate Disasters On It | Real Science
- 1970s Global Cooling Alarmism
- The New Crisis : The Same As The Old Crisis | Climatism
- 1922 US Government Shock News : Radical Change In Arctic Climate – Glaciers Gone | Climatism
- 1970s Global Cooling Scare | Real Science
- Every major climate organization endorsed the ice age scare, including NCAR, CRU, NAS, NASA – as did the CIA.
- 21 Jul 1976 – C.I.A. WARNING Changes to climate to bring upheaval
- Climate Change And Its Effect On World Food (1974)
- TIME – Weather – The Big Freeze
CONGRATULATION’s Jay Weatherill !
YOUR mad global warming policies and ruinously juvenile obsession with green power have rewarded South Australia with the World’s most expensive power prices, helping to destroy your economy and hurt the poor.
SA has the world’s highest power prices, Carbon and Energy Markets director Bruce Mountain says — so get off the grid
ESCAPING the electricity grid by pairing solar panels and new battery technology is the best way for SA households to escape the world’s most expensive power prices, a top expert says.
Carbon and Energy Markets director Bruce Mountain revealed in June that he was working on a study that found SA was passing Denmark as the most expensive place in the world to keep the lights on.
He has now published the results, which conclude SA’s prices are three times that recorded in the US and about 50 per cent higher than the UK.
THE solution? “Escape the electricity grid by pairing solar panels and new battery technology…” ! That’s all good and well for those who can afford the luxury of solar panels and their (toxic) battery backup systems.
And, what for businesses and heavy industry – the one’s that still remain? Use Elon “Taxpayer subsidy-sucking vampire” Musk’s $200 million giant battery pack that could have enough battery storage to replace wind power for a whole minute (maybe 2), should the wind stop?
Aren’t solar panels, batteries and windmills the entire reason behind SA’s energy debacle, anyway?
Like the old sailors say, “The wind is free, but everything else costs money”.
THERE’s always the DIY options that are being fitted by SA businesses and households living in fear of routine load shedding, mass blackouts and “the world’s highest power prices” :
- Adelaide oval are examining a diesel and gas co-generation option. “If the stadium went black it would be a nightmare,” chief executive Andrew Daniels said. “Plus, can you imagine the damage it would do to the state’s reputation?” Think that ship’s sailed Mr Daniels!
- Coopers Brewery has its own power supply via gas, and was unaffected by the September 28 blackout that devastated industry.
“South Australian businesses and households have been scrambling to secure their own back-up supply since two blackouts hit the state in little more than two months. One of the largest sellers of industrial diesel generators, Genpower Australia, has seen a 50 per cent spike in sales and service calls in the past three months. Families had been willing to pay $11,000 up front for a diesel generator back-up while one regional supermarket on Yorke Peninsula, 160km west of Adelaide, bought a $35,000 generator last week to ensure its freezers stayed on, the company said.” Shift to DIY power at Adelaide Oval | The Australian
BUT, aren’t these “industrial diesel generators” and LPG solutions simply going back to “dirty” fossil fuels – the same (cheap, reliable, efficient) hydrocarbons that freak out the Green faith?!
SO, what’s the point of the whole billion dollar, taxpayer funded, unreliable energy (wind and solar) experiment? For the Jay Weatherill’s of the planet, one could assume it’s a moral blend of “Save the Planet” virtue, mixed with “Save the Planet” virtue.
There certainly is no sense, reason or cost benefit analysis when you enlist in the Green faith.
BECAUSE, consider also, that as more solar and wind generators come online, as Jay has planned, the demand will rise for more backup power from “dirty” fossil fuel plants to fill the gaps and keep the grid stable when the wind doesn’t blow or the wind don’t shine. The result – adding even more CO2 emissions to the atmosphere. Not a good result if (plant food) CO2 is your ideological enemy.
See Germany’s failed green experiment as a classic case in point: Energiewende | Search Results | Climatism
BUT here is the ultimate craziness. All the money, all the wrecking of views, all the lost jobs through higher electricity prices and all the blackouts – all the pain for nothing. The effect on global temperatures so incredibly small, nobody would notice.
It gets worse…
Neighbouring State, Victoria, whose Socialist Left government is also obsessed with green energy and the climate faith has closed Hazelwood coal-fired power station, which did not merely supply Victoria with a quarter of its power but also helped bail out South Australia.
Come the hot Australian summer in a few months time, this situation is going to spiral way, way out of control. Bookmark it.
MORE on SA’s Insane Global Warming Policy-Inflicted Energy Crisis :
- THE Twisted Irony of Deep-Green Energy Policy (RET) | Climatism
- POLITICIANS Mad With Global Warming Theory Are Destroying The Economy And Hurting The Poor | Climatism
- $14,000 per MWh – the price South Australia Pays for Renewables Madness | Climatism
- ‘Unreliable’ Power Australia – Steven Marshall Should Have Listened And Blown Up A Wind Farm | Climatism
- South Australia Blackout Report : Green Energy Failure | Climatism
- When The Wind Don’t Blow, The Lights Don’t Glow! | Climatism
- Doomed to the Dark Ages: No Solution for South Australia’s Wind Power Blackouts | Climatism
- ‘Unreliable’ Power Australia – Green Hypocrites Exposed By South Australia Storm | Climatism
- How green power has killed South Australia | Herald Sun
- Blackout Blues: Wind Power Obsession Makes South Australia an International Joke | Climatism
- Elon’ll Fix It! | Climatism
See Also :
- THE $Trillion Windmill Industry Is The Greatest Scam Of Our Age | Climatism
- Wind Power Chaos Promises to Deliver Mass Summer Blackouts Across Australia | Climatism
- Hazelwood Power Plant Closing 31st March – Currently Delivering More Power Than Every Wind Plant In Australia | Climatism
- The Renewable Energy Target: useless, expensive, mad | Herald Sun
- JUST 1 IN 6.6 MILLION CHANCE TO STOP WARMING | Herald Sun
- Adding More Solar And Wind Power ‘Doubles’ CO2 Emissions | Climatism
I’ve warned that global warming is a religion, with little to do with reason.
Now warming preacher Al Gore confirms it:
Father John Rausch: As a priest living in central Appalachia, I’ve come to – I’ve come to realise that the climate crisis, I believe, is a crisis in spirituality.
Al Gore: The way we live our lives is definitely connected to this. It is – it’s not a political issue. It is a moral and spiritual issue and thank you for bringing that up.
This explains so much: the hatred of sceptics; the persecution of sceptics as heretics; the resistance to reason; the end-of-days apocalyptic rhetoric; the demand for purely symbolic sacrifices; the disdain for evidence showing little warming and no added catastrophes.
Al Gore’s swimming pool uses the same electricity as six US homes
The National Center for Public Policy Research released a report that tells us Al Gore’s swimming pool uses the same electricity as six average US homes. In kilowatt hours, his house draws a total annual load equivalent to 21 homes — averages 19,241 kWh per month. He probably lives alone now that Tipper and the kids have moved out. This is after he paid $60,000 to add solar panels which provide about 5% of his domestic electricity (Why doesn’t he just go solar, that’d be only $720k, plus batteries).
He owns two other homes.
I would never use this as an ad hom argument to say that man-made global warming crisis is wildly exaggerated (there are plenty of other reasons to say that). Obviously poor Al needs to use more electricity than most people so he can swim in between flights, because he is constantly being attacked in articles like this one:
How Al Gore Fooled The World Into Paying For His Giant Carbon Footprint
Jeff Dunetz …The real reason Al Gore wants you to read his books and go see his movies and even see his lectures isn’t because he is trying to save the Earth from global warming and climate change, but because he’s invested in products that will be successful as long as people are convinced by the climate change scare tactics.
He quotes Andrew Follett in the Daily Caller:
The former vice president’s global warming activism has helped increase his net worth from $700,000 in 2000 to an estimated net worth of $172.5 million by 2015. Gore and the former chief of Goldman Sachs Asset Management made nearly $218 million in profits between 2008 and 2011 from a carbon trading company they co-founded. By 2008, Gore was able to put a whopping $35 million into hedge funds and other investments.
Gore also has a remarkable record of investing in companies right before they get huge grants from the government.
Obviously Gore believes the planet is in a crisis and is doing his best to save it.
From the report:
In powering his home, Gore still greatly outpaces most Americans in energy consumption. The findings were shocking:
|• The past year, Gore’s home energy use averaged 19,241 kilowatt hours (kWh) every month, compared to the U.S. household average of 901 kWh per month.3,4|
|• Gore guzzles more electricity in one year than the average American family uses in 21 years.5|
|• In September of 2016, Gore’s home consumed 30,993 kWh in just one month – as much energy as a typical American family burns in 34 months.|
|• During the last 12 months, Gore devoured 66,159 kWh of electricity just heating his pool. That is enough energy to power six average U.S. households for a year.|
|• From August 2016 through July 2017, Gore spent almost $22,000 on electricity bills.6|
|• Gore paid an estimated $60,000 to install 33 solar panels. Those solar panels produce an average of 1,092 kWh per month, only 5.7% of Gore’s typical monthly energy consumption.|
MUST See also : AL GORE GASSES ON AT HOME | Herald Sun
Saint Gore Related :
- Al Gore Schooled by Mayor of an Eroding Island | Climatism
- State of the Climate: 10 years after Al Gore declared a ‘planetary emergency’ – top 10 reasons Gore was wrong | Climatism
- Al Gore Praises “Climate Leader” South Australia | Climatism
- Al Gore tries to make Mother’s Day about ‘climate hope’, asks for money | Climatism
- Al Gore and the media were wrong: U.S. Major Hurricane Drought Now One Decade and Counting | Climatism
- The Price Of Telling The Truth In Al Gore’s World | Climatism
- GOP Should Seek Fraud Charges Against Al Gore | Climatism
- Nature proves Al Gore wrong again | Climatism
“To underline this insanity, there is actually little evidence of dangerous man-made warming, and even less evidence that anything Australia does to its emissions will make the slightest discernible difference. Nor is there the slightest evidence of real risk from gas fracking, let alone on conventional on-shore gas drilling.
These are fake scares creating huge damage. Once again, the scaremongering is more dangerous than the scare.”
A very important read for the health, wealth and prosperity, not only for Australian society and its environment, but a lesson for the entire world.
This green energy, virtue-signalling insanity must stop.
And to think China and India are opening a new coal-fired power station every week, with thousands in the pipeline. Germany, as well, reverting back to coal after its disastrous €Triliion green-energy experiment “Energiewende” failure.
By Andrew Bolt ~
Green energy and green bans on gas exploration are driving up power prices and killing business. Ten per cent of power generation has already been shut down and the Australian Energy Council now warns we risk “deindustrialising” Australia.
A decade of political dispute and government paralysis over energy policy is to blame for wholesale electricity prices spiking this year to the equivalent of a $50-a-tonne carbon tax, the power industry warns in a submission to the government’s energy security review.
Warning that the country is facing an investment crisis in new power generation, the submission says that more than 5000 megawatts of generation, representing 10 per cent of national capacity, has been decommissioned since 2012 and is not being replaced…
The [Australian Energy Council] submission to the government’s Independent Review into the Future Security of the National…
View original post 853 more words
The mad Pope, turning religion from God worship to Gaia worship.
Guest essay by Eric Worrall
Catholic Online reports that new priests will be expected to be familiar with and promote efforts to reduce carbon emissions.
New priests to learn about global warming as part of formation
LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) — The Catholic Church is intimately concerned about climate change. The Vatican’s Pontifical Academy of Sciences is the world’s oldest, longest running scientific mission. That body, which advises the pope on matters of science, has concluded that global climate change is real and is caused, at least in significant part, by human activity.
This is important to the Church because creation care is part of our mission. We are called to be stewards of creation. It’s also important because climate change can exacerbate the ills of poverty. Poor people in much of the world are the most vulnerable to changes.
Unfortunately, the issue is politicized. In the…
View original post 217 more words