CORY Bernardi is a conservative senator from South Australia who stands up for common sense and the silent majority.
BERNARDI has been a Senator representing the state of South Australia in the Australian Senate since 2006 and is the leader of the Australian Conservatives, a new political party he founded in 2017.
CLIMATISM.com receives Cory’s weekly newsletter Your weekly dose of common sense. And this weeks newsletter is a must read for a common-sense break down of Australia’s ongoing, 100% man-made, electricity energy crisis…
Just when I thought politics couldn’t disappoint any further, I see more half-baked proposals to fix our broken electricity system.
The system was broken by the actions of the very same politicians who now claim they can fix it. Such was the hysteria about ‘needing to do something about climate change’, successive governments and their collaborators in the opposition have done incredible damage to our economic prospects.
For decades, Australians benefited from cheap and reliable electricity fuelled by the bountiful supply of coal. This cheap coal and cheap electricity provided us with our greatest economic advantage. That has now been sacrificed at the altar of climate change.
In South Australia, where the Labor party, the Liberal opposition and the Xenophons have all embraced massive renewable energy targets, we have the most expensive electricity anywhere in the world. The subsidies tipped into the renewable energy sector makes it unprofitable for 24-7, 365 day base load power solutions to operate when the sun shines and the wind blows.
You can’t turn a coal fired generator on and off to cater to the whims of wind and sunbeams, leaving gas as the only real alternative. Unfortunately, these same politicians have limited the exploration of gas and other fuels to accommodate more green lunacy – meaning our gas supplies are limited and the price has risen accordingly.
After trashing our energy market and economy, the powers-that-be are now doubling the bet and gambling your future – again.
SA Labor are spending $100 million on diesel generators for a couple of summers and another $50 million on a battery that will basically power the state for a few minutes. Not to be outbid in this energy roulette, the SA Liberal opposition have just announced $100 million on subsidising batteries in homes.
The simple maths is that (depending on the battery itself) it costs more for battery storage power than buying it off the grid. This makes the Weatherill and Marshall energy bids just more political and uneconomic boondoggles, shepherded into public acceptance with the unaccountable snake-oil promise of ‘lower power prices’. If you then add the limited lifespan, disposal issues and the explosive potential of lithium-ion batteries, it becomes a heady mix of political froth and waste – at your expense.
But if you think this foolishness is limited to the State arena you will need to think again. This morning The Australian newspaper speculates that the Federal government is set to announce they will pay you not to use electricity. This is a very special approach….if special means unbelievably dumb!
Now I am not one of them, but some readers really have bought into the man-made climate change myth and the associated falsehoods.
They want to see us meet the carbon dioxide reductions demanded by the Paris agreement and agreed to by the Turnbull government. Amazingly, these same people aren’t all that enthusiastic about the zero emissions solution provided by the nuclear option which suggests emissions reductions aren’t really their end goal. It seems the blind pursuit of ideology is what it is all about.
But here is another option.
Over a twenty year period, Australian taxpayers will be slugged $60 billion to subsidise the unreliable and intermittent renewable energy sector. This method of wasting money has zero prospect of meeting the Paris accord demands. However, if we spent that money building twenty-five 800MwH new-generation HELO coal fired power stations, not only would we meet our emissions reduction targets – we would have baseload, affordable energy to boot.
Even better, if we provided contractual and operational certainty to private enterprise, they would build them without the government borrowing any more money. Surely that is a better way!
Until next week,
P.S – My friend Professor Ian Plimer has just written an excellent book entitled THE CLIMATE CHANGE DELUSION & THE GREAT ELECTRICITY RIPOFF which I launched last week. It is an excellent read and you can purchase the book HERE.
Australian Energy Crisis Related :
- THE Insane Result Of The Mad Switch To Costly, Symbolic, Unreliable Energy – Wind and Solar | Climatism
- A Totally Idiot Made Electricity Disaster | Climatism
- Australian Summer Forecast: More Blackouts & Rocketing Power Prices | Climatism
- IT’S OFFICIAL : South Australia Has The World’s Highest Power Prices! | Climatism
- POLITICIANS Mad With Global Warming Theory Are Destroying The Economy And Hurting The Poor | Climatism
- DIESEL – Keeping South Australia’s Lights On Til The Next Election! | Climatism
- LIFE In A Fossil-Fuel-Free Utopia | Climatism
- THE Twisted Irony of Deep-Green Energy Policy (RET) | Climatism
- Simon Holmes à Court – Wind Weasel | Climatism
World Coal-Fired Power Surge Related :
- GREEN ENERGY FAIL – World Coal Power Development Up 43% | Climatism
- Japan Infuriating Enviros By Building 45 New Coal Power Plants | Climatism
- $7.5bn worth of coal-fired power plants planned for Vietnam | Climatism
- Coal To Remain India’s Main Energy Source For At Least 30 Years, Govt Confirms | Climatism
- China’s Production Of Electricity From Coal Surges To Record Levels | Climatism
Unreliable Energy Related :
- China Counts the Staggering Cost of its Wind Power Experiment | Climatism
- Renewables Retreat: China Slaps Ban on New Wind Power Projects | Climatism
- Germany’s €Trillion Euro Disaster: Wind Power ‘Transition’ Destroys its Industrial Heartland | Climatism
- Adding More Solar And Wind Power ‘Doubles’ CO2 Emissions | Climatism
- Is The Energiewende Running Out Of Steam? | Climatism
- Germany’s Energiewende Nightmare: Grid Collapse Looms Due to Erratic Wind & Solar | Climatism
DEEP within human nature there are certain types of people who yearn for catastrophe, they yearn to have significance in their lives believing that theirs is the time when the chickens are coming home to roost and everything is going to go tits up.
THE biggest selling environmental books in history, predict the mass destruction of the planet. Rachel Carson’s 1962 international bestseller “Silent Spring” predicted mass cancer from plant pesticides and DDT. Paul Ehrlich’s “The Population Bomb” 1968, argued on malthusian lines that population explosion would mean mass starvation around the world. People buy this stuff. They lap it up and books like this sell in droves, in a way that more reasonable books that say “hang on, lets look at the facts”, don’t.
THIS short YouTube video via our friends @Carbongate needs no introduction, and is a must watch..
1970’s Global Cooling (Climate Change) Eco-scare related :
- THE Climate Change Farce Explained By Two Expert “Scientists” | Climatism
- The 1970’s Global Cooling Compilation – looks much like today | Climatism
- BBC – Real risk of a Maunder minimum ‘Little Ice Age’ | Climatism
- 40 Years Since Climate Scientists Warned Us! The New Ice Age Is Going To Starve Us To Death | Climatism
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | Climatism
- Cooling On The Warming: Now Warnings Of A Mini Ice Age | Climatism
- 1974 Shock News : CIA Said Global Warming Was A Good Thing | Real Science
MORE 1970′s Global Cooling Scare Related :
- Feds Alarmed By Global Cooling in 1974 | Climatism
- CIA 1974 National Security Threat : Global Cooling/Excess Arctic Ice Causing Extreme Weather | Real Science
- 1974 Shock News : CIA Said Global Warming Was A Good Thing | Real Science
- 1975 : Climatologists Wanted Permission To Melt The Arctic To Stop Disastrous Climate Change | Real Science
- 1972 : UN Scientists Wanted To Melt The Arctic By Spreading Soot On It | Real Science
- 1974 : NCAR Called Global Cooling The “New Norm” And Blamed Climate Disasters On It | Real Science
- 1970s Global Cooling Alarmism
- The New Crisis : The Same As The Old Crisis | Climatism
- 1922 US Government Shock News : Radical Change In Arctic Climate – Glaciers Gone | Climatism
- 1970s Global Cooling Scare | Real Science
- Every major climate organization endorsed the ice age scare, including NCAR, CRU, NAS, NASA – as did the CIA.
- 21 Jul 1976 – C.I.A. WARNING Changes to climate to bring upheaval
- Climate Change And Its Effect On World Food (1974)
- TIME – Weather – The Big Freeze
“It doesn’t matter what is true,
it only matters what people believe is true.”
– Paul Watson,
co-founder of Greenpeace
“Climate Change will result in a catastrophic global sea level
rise of seven meters. That’s bye-bye most of Bangladesh,
Netherlands, Florida and would make London the new Atlantis.”
– Greenpeace International
Patrick Moore (born 1947) is a Canadian activist, and former president of Greenpeace Canada. Since leaving Greenpeace, Moore has criticized the environmental movement for what he sees as scare tactics and disinformation, saying that the environmental movement “abandoned science and logic in favor of emotion and sensationalism.” (Wikipedia)
A MUST SEE 5 mins by Patrick Moore PhD, on the “man-made climate change” scam…
Dr Moore Related :
- Confessions of a ‘Greenpeace Dropout’ to the U.S. Senate on climate change | Climatism
- MUST READ Greenpeace founder delivers powerful annual lecture, praises carbon dioxide – full text | Climatism
- Think You Know Greenpeace? Look Again | Climatism
- Peer into the Heart of the IPCC, Find Greenpeace | C;imatism
- Patrick Moore: Greenpeace has made itself the sworn enemy of all life on Earth | Climatism
- MUST SEE : GREENPEACE Co-Founder – No Evidence Global Warming Is Caused By Humans | Climatism
Excellent, excellent, excellent!
Milo yur a genius!
Bookmark this one…
Media personality Milo Yiannopolous took a question from an audience member during a visit to the University of New Mexico that took place late January of this year. This is the same event when some Muslim women in the audience yelled at Milo and then left the room when he made remarks about Islam.
In this sequence, Milo gives his views on climate change while sharing his experience working at a non-profit GMO involved in climate change research. He ties it all in to the overall issue raised by the audience member.
Hard-earned US taxpayer funds diverted to third-world countries (often run by tin-pot dictators) via the unelected bureaucratic behemoth – the United Nations. What possibly could go wrong?!
Donald J Trump – protecting US incomes with accountability and transparency for its careful use where needed. And yet Trump’s the bad guy?!
Yeah, this is why President Trump said
“We will cease honoring all non-binding agreements”, and “we will stop contributing to the green climate fund”.
“I can not in good conscience support a deal that harms the United States”.
“The bottom line is that the Paris Accord is very unfair to the United States”.
“This agreement is less about climate and more about other countries getting a financial advantage over the United States”.
The United States contributed $1 billion to the global Green Climate Fund, but the world’s top polluters contributed nothing, David Asman reported.
via Fox news here
DURING “Earth Hour”, I was thinking about the 1.3 billion people who have no access to electricity, at all.
How insane they must think we are, actually celebrating the turning off of life-supporting electricity?!
Lomborg is spot-on noting, “Earth Hour is largely celebrated in rich, urban areas. Around the world, there are around 1.3 billion people living in the developing world who will not get a choice whether to participate or not. That’s because they will be living without reliable electricity on Saturday night, just like they do every other night.”
Such symbolic eco-gestures by wealthy, first-world, urban eco-elites represent eco-narcissism and virtuous sanctimony on a truly deplorable, selfish and naive scale.
Since Earth Hour occurred today, environmental skeptic Bjorn Lomborg weighed in on the event with an op-ed published in USA Today. In it he states that not only is Earth Hour a waste of time but the people behind it ignore the needs of poor people who need more light and energy which is mostly powered by fossil fuel use.
Earth Hour is largely celebrated in rich, urban areas. Around the world, there are around 1.3 billion people living in the developing world who will not get a choice whether to participate or not. That’s because they will be living without reliable electricity on Saturday night, just like they do every other night.
Increasingly, the world’s rich nations insist that these people — the world’s poor — should have no new fossil fuel access. Foreign aid is increasingly tied to renewable energy projects such as building solar and wind…
View original post 172 more words
“Despite the Danish wind industry’s efforts to downplay it, the resistance exhibited by Danes has spread with disastrous results for the likes of Vestas.
In a clearly unhelpful turn of events for the wind industry in Denmark (and elsewhere for that matter), the growing fury of wind farm neighbours has rattled local governments and forced them into action.”
The sad part is that the “save the planet” lobby with their schizophrenic, ideologically driven push for unrealiable-energy has cost taxpayers, namely the poor, literally trillions of dollars of their hard-earned money to see the light.
Andrew Bolt nailed it commenting: “These are fake scares creating huge damage. Once again, the scaremongering is more dangerous than the scare.”
Denmark is the home of the original eco-fascist profiteers – Vestas – the struggling turbine maker – run by by a band of crooks – once exhorted the world to “Act on (its parallel universe version of the) Facts”: paying $millions to the Australian Greens and Trotskyite fronts like Getup! & Co – pitching lies like the one about the noise from V112s being just like the noise from a fridge 500m away (see our post here).
Whacked with costly lawsuits from wind farm neighbours – in one case a court awarding Dkr 500,000 (A$93,439) in compensation for the substantial reduction in the value of the plaintiffs’ home, caused by incessant turbine noise – the wind industry did its best to collude with a then pliant government to extricate itself from further liability (see our post here).
The Danish wind industry then resorted to the wholesale destruction of…
View original post 584 more words