“Global agricultural production suffered only during cold periods, including the Little Ice Age, which ended around the late 18th or early 19th century.
Since the 1800s, the earth has been warming — returning to levels ideal for crop production. It is remarkable that the mainstream media can claim that temperatures are killing crops when they have actually contributed to exponential growth of crop yields.”
A rather unwelcome message for the anti-CO2, misanthropic environmental movement.
Planting rice [image credit: BBC]
As the report concludes: ‘Both global warming and carbon dioxide have benefitted plant growth, and both are important contributors to the success of modern civilization.’
Global cereal (grain) production has reached record levels in 2017, says The GWPF.
Credit for the increase usually goes to agrochemicals and other advanced agricultural technology. However, there are two other key contributors — carbon dioxide and climate change.
World cereal production for 2017 is projected to reach 2,613.3 million tons, 5.8 million tons above 2016’s level and nearly one-fourth higher than 2008’s. Despite population growth, production per capita rose 13 percent over the last decade, from 0.31 to 0.35 tons per person.
View original post 351 more words
“Remember that when climate sharks claim that storms will become more intense.” P. Homewood
By Paul Homewood
h/t Joe Public
From the Guardian:
Wind farms are key to tackling climate change but warming will significantly cut the power of the wind across northern mid-latitudes, including the US, the UK and the Mediterranean, according to new research. However, some places, including eastern Australia, will see winds pick up.
View original post 413 more words
Hot = Climate
Cold = Weather
“The pity is that Alarmist media cannot seem to educate the public, and doesn’t do a little reading-up on the subject, but rather seems determined to horrify. Horror is not helpful, unless your intent is to herd people with a sort of bullying. To paraphrase FDR, in truth we have nothing to be horrified about but horror itself.”
A truly glorious read on the wonders of the Arctic wilderness and its wildlife, to the not so wondrous world of the politicisation of climate ‘science’…
One thing that has fascinated me, in my study of sea-ice, is how swiftly vast areas can freeze over. This is apparent from many sources.
The captains of whaling ships, tempted north by whale’s habit of hunting in the rich ecosystem that exists at the very edge of the ice, sometimes appear like cowards for turning tail and fleeing the refreeze far before the whales chose to depart. (You might think whales would know best when to depart, for they suffocate when trapped under ice). However this choice does not seem so foolish once you understand larger whales could break up through a foot of ice, (with smaller beluga whales following and using the air-holes big whales created), while, without a strong following wind, a sailing craft could be bogged down and halted by a skim of ice only an inch thick. And despite all precautions, the ice formed so…
View original post 1,799 more words
“I’ve called this practice of filming dead or dying bears and splashing the photos across the pages of newspapers and the internet “tragedy porn” — a kind of voyerism that leaves people open to emotional manipulation. The internet laps it up.”
SADLY, so true of the era of “fake news” and the 24/7 media cycle we inhabit today. The gullible lap it up and the so-called “climate change Crisis” perpetuates with the climate-porn propaganda merchants set on turbo, creating truths out of lies.
We finally have this year’s example of the new fad of claiming every polar bear that died of starvation (or on its way to starving to death) — and caught on film — is a victim of climate change: a young bear on Somerset Island near Baffin Island, Nunavut filmed in August during its last angonizing hours by members of an activist conservation organization called SeaLegacy.
“‘I filmed with tears rolling down my cheeks’: Heart-breaking footage shows a starving polar bear on its deathbed struggling to walk on iceless land.” [actual title of article in the DailyMail Online, 8 December 2017]. CBC Radio (8 December 2017) jumped on it as well, as have others. National Geographic ran a similar story, like others, that compliantly emphasized the future man-made global warming threat the photographers were touting.
This is no different from Ian Stirling’s“bear that died of…
View original post 986 more words
ENERGIEWENDE : €1Trillion Low Carbon, Environmentally Sound, Reliable, Affordable Energy Transition Report CardPosted: November 26, 2017
IDEOLOGICALLY aggressive “green” Germany has spent €1 Trillion Euros, of other peoples’ money, on windmills and solar panels, under the Energiewende program.
THE transition to a low carbon, environmentally sound, reliable, and affordable energy utopia has been so successful that Germany is now cutting down “ancient forests” to pave the way for the biggest coal-fired power expansion in her history…
WHY not just erect more windmills or solar panels? What went wrong with them?
“Few things are so deadly as a misguided sense of compassion.” – Charles Colson
“The road to hell is paved with good intentions.”
Energiewende Related :
- TRULY GREEN? How Germany’s #Energiewende Is Destroying Nature | Climatism
- GREEN Party Co-Founder : Germany’s Energiewende “An Economic, Social and Ecological Disaster” | Climatism
- Germany’s Energiewende Nightmare: Grid Collapse Looms Due to Erratic Wind & Solar | Climatism
- Numbers don’t lie: Germany’s Energiewende has had zero impact on emissions – at best | Watts Up With That?
- Is The Energiewende Running Out Of Steam? | Climatism
- German Energiewende To Cost €520 Billion By 2025 – New Study | Climatism
- Germany’s ‘Energiewende’ Close to Kaput: Wind Power Fails to Deliver | Climatism
- Germany’s ‘Transition’ Back to Coal: Renewable Energy Push Smacks Into Reality | Climatism
- Germany’s €Trillion Euro Disaster: Wind Power ‘Transition’ Destroys its Industrial Heartland | Climatism
- German Wind Energy Market “Threatening to implode” | Climatism
Unreliable-Energy & Climate Fraud Related :
- UNRELIABLE Energy – Wind and Solar – A Climate Of Communism | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE – The Most Massive Scientific Fraud In Human History | Climatism
- WIND TURBINES Are Neither Clean Nor Green And They Provide Zero Global Energy | Climatism
- Al Gore Praises “Climate Leader” South Australia | Climatism
- Adding More Solar And Wind Power ‘Doubles’ CO2 Emissions | Climatism
- THE $Trillion Windmill Industry Is The Greatest Scam Of Our Age | Climatism
- @AlGore Your ‘Save The Planet’ Legacy – Palm Oil – Is Making Indonesia Warmer! | Climatism