Australian snowfields rejoice after ‘Blizzard of Oz’ turns slopes into winter wonderland
It’s been dubbed “the Blizzard of Oz”, and powder hounds could not be happier.
Australia’s ski resorts in the Snowy Mountains, in New South Wales, and Victoria’s Alpine National Park were covered with the white stuff this morning after both reported the best falls of the season at the weekend.
More than 1.15 metres of snow has been dumped at Thredbo from Friday morning to 6:00am today.
BUT, wasn’t ‘snowfall’ meant to be “a very rare and exciting event.” And, that “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.” ?
Those expert predictions made back in 2000 by esteemed climatologist Dr David Viner of the UK’s CRU (Climate Research Unit):
From the Independent’s most cited article: “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past” by Charles Onians:
However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event”.
“Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he said.
THE Independent has since removed the article! The page used to look like this:
The original article:
Link now boots back to their homepage.
Our friends at WUWT have preserved the entire article as a PDF for posterity:
In fairness, perhaps the good Dr Viner was
colluding consulting with the virtuous partners of climate catastrophe expertise – the UN IPCC who, as well, predicted diminished snowfalls as human CO2 increased…
Australia’s “premier” scientific government organisation, the (warmist) CSIRO, jumped on the “end of snow” bandwagon in August 2003:
Simulations of future snow conditions in the Australian alpine regions were prepared for the years 2020 and 2050…
The low impact scenario for 2020 has a minor impact on snow conditions. Average season lengths are reduced by around five days. Reductions in peak depths are usually less than 10%, but can be larger at lower sites (e.g. Mt Baw Baw and Wellington High Plains).
The high impact scenario for 2020 leads to reductions of 30-40 days in average season lengths. At higher sites such as Mt Hotham, this can represent reductions in season duration of about 25%, but at lower sites such as Mt Baw Baw the reduction can be more significant (up to 60%)…
We have very high confidence (at least 95%) that the low impact scenarios will be exceeded and the high impact scenarios will not be exceeded.
(Page Not Found – LOL !)
BACK IN THE REAL WORLD
Winter Northern Hemisphere snow extent is trending upwards, and 2017 was amongst the highest on record, despite rising CO2 emissions and the “Hottest Year Evah” thing:
AND as for the expert predictions of the CSIRO, who assured us of the end of snow by 2020/2030…
Australia’s snowfields have been overdosed by snow over the past decade.
In fact, SH snow extent is increasing as global CO2 rises – the exact opposite of what you were told by all those experts…
2016 – Extended season:
2017 – THE “Blizzard Of Oz” ! :
WHEN will those expert scientists, esteemed government agencies and respected mainstream media outlets who peddle the fake global warming catastrophe, spreading scientific falsehoods with impunity, be held to account? Or at least admit they got it wrong?
That “science” certainly ain’t “settled”.
UPDATE – August 8, 2017
Emergency services warn of avalanches in Victoria’s alpine region
EMERGENCY services have issued an avalanche warning for Victoria’s alpine region as tourists have been urged to avoid skiing, snowboarding, or hiking in remote areas.
Warmer weather and strong wind is expected to increase the risk of avalanches at Mt Bogong, mt feathertop, Mt Buller, Mt Hotham and Falls Creek today.
DO hope SMH’s (Fairfax media) resident global warming catastrophist Peter Hannam has received this alert, if he plans to visit Australia’s ski fields. The one’s that he and those expert scientists say won’t be around much longer thanks to you and your SUV…
Snowy retreat: Climate change puts Australia’s ski industry on a downhill slope
August 5 – Last week’s fake news – Sydney Morning Herald
Australia’s ski resorts face the prospect of a long downhill run as a warming climate reduces snow depth, cover and duration. The industry’s ability to create artificial snow will also be challenged, scientists say.
- EXTREME WEATHER Expert: “World Is Presently In An Era Of Unusually Low Weather Disasters” | Climatism
- The Great “Extreme Weather” Climate Change Propaganda Con | Climatism
- Understanding The “Hottest Year Evah” | Climatism
CSIRO Dud-Predictions Related :
- Why CSIRO and BoM Cannot Be Trusted On Anything “Climate Change” | Climatism
- CSIRO Censoring Their Own Climate Research | Climatism
- Wash-out: Warmist Bureau’s Drought Prediction Fail | Climatism
- The Science is Settled : “Children Just Aren’t Going To Know What Snow Is” | Climatism
- Aussie CSIRO Predicts the End of Wheat Yield Gains | Climatism
- Shock News 1923 : Meteorological Office Exists as a Corrective to Scare Mongering | Climatism
- How they tried to fool you about the rain | Herald Sun
- It’s Time To Declare War On Global Warming Extremists | Climatism
I’ve warned that global warming is a religion, with little to do with reason.
Now warming preacher Al Gore confirms it:
Father John Rausch: As a priest living in central Appalachia, I’ve come to – I’ve come to realise that the climate crisis, I believe, is a crisis in spirituality.
Al Gore: The way we live our lives is definitely connected to this. It is – it’s not a political issue. It is a moral and spiritual issue and thank you for bringing that up.
This explains so much: the hatred of sceptics; the persecution of sceptics as heretics; the resistance to reason; the end-of-days apocalyptic rhetoric; the demand for purely symbolic sacrifices; the disdain for evidence showing little warming and no added catastrophes.
Al Gore’s swimming pool uses the same electricity as six US homes
The National Center for Public Policy Research released a report that tells us Al Gore’s swimming pool uses the same electricity as six average US homes. In kilowatt hours, his house draws a total annual load equivalent to 21 homes — averages 19,241 kWh per month. He probably lives alone now that Tipper and the kids have moved out. This is after he paid $60,000 to add solar panels which provide about 5% of his domestic electricity (Why doesn’t he just go solar, that’d be only $720k, plus batteries).
He owns two other homes.
I would never use this as an ad hom argument to say that man-made global warming crisis is wildly exaggerated (there are plenty of other reasons to say that). Obviously poor Al needs to use more electricity than most people so he can swim in between flights, because he is constantly being attacked in articles like this one:
How Al Gore Fooled The World Into Paying For His Giant Carbon Footprint
Jeff Dunetz …The real reason Al Gore wants you to read his books and go see his movies and even see his lectures isn’t because he is trying to save the Earth from global warming and climate change, but because he’s invested in products that will be successful as long as people are convinced by the climate change scare tactics.
He quotes Andrew Follett in the Daily Caller:
The former vice president’s global warming activism has helped increase his net worth from $700,000 in 2000 to an estimated net worth of $172.5 million by 2015. Gore and the former chief of Goldman Sachs Asset Management made nearly $218 million in profits between 2008 and 2011 from a carbon trading company they co-founded. By 2008, Gore was able to put a whopping $35 million into hedge funds and other investments.
Gore also has a remarkable record of investing in companies right before they get huge grants from the government.
Obviously Gore believes the planet is in a crisis and is doing his best to save it.
From the report:
In powering his home, Gore still greatly outpaces most Americans in energy consumption. The findings were shocking:
|• The past year, Gore’s home energy use averaged 19,241 kilowatt hours (kWh) every month, compared to the U.S. household average of 901 kWh per month.3,4|
|• Gore guzzles more electricity in one year than the average American family uses in 21 years.5|
|• In September of 2016, Gore’s home consumed 30,993 kWh in just one month – as much energy as a typical American family burns in 34 months.|
|• During the last 12 months, Gore devoured 66,159 kWh of electricity just heating his pool. That is enough energy to power six average U.S. households for a year.|
|• From August 2016 through July 2017, Gore spent almost $22,000 on electricity bills.6|
|• Gore paid an estimated $60,000 to install 33 solar panels. Those solar panels produce an average of 1,092 kWh per month, only 5.7% of Gore’s typical monthly energy consumption.|
MUST See also : AL GORE GASSES ON AT HOME | Herald Sun
Saint Gore Related :
- Al Gore Schooled by Mayor of an Eroding Island | Climatism
- State of the Climate: 10 years after Al Gore declared a ‘planetary emergency’ – top 10 reasons Gore was wrong | Climatism
- Al Gore Praises “Climate Leader” South Australia | Climatism
- Al Gore tries to make Mother’s Day about ‘climate hope’, asks for money | Climatism
- Al Gore and the media were wrong: U.S. Major Hurricane Drought Now One Decade and Counting | Climatism
- The Price Of Telling The Truth In Al Gore’s World | Climatism
- GOP Should Seek Fraud Charges Against Al Gore | Climatism
- Nature proves Al Gore wrong again | Climatism
“India may have a serious rural suicide problem. We can speculate about the cause. But whatever is going so wrong for so many rural Indians, the suicide tragedy is clearly not related to climate impacts on farm output. Agricultural yields are rising.”
It would seem, author Tamma A. Carleton is well versed in the science literature saying “publish or perish”.
TO preface your study with “climate = suicide” simply to get your paper published – What a gross insult to people who have suffered through the horrors of suicide.
SHAME on you “Tamma A. Carleton” – you pig of a human being.
India Wheat Yield Tonnes per Hectare. Data Source OECD
Guest essay by Eric Worrall
A new study claims every degree of temperature above 20C increase the likelihood an Indian farmer will commit suicide. Just one problem with this claim: Indian agricultural yields are rising (see graph above).
Crop-damaging temperatures increase suicide rates in India
More than three quarters of the world’s suicides occur in developing countries, yet little is known about the drivers of suicidal behavior in poor populations. I study India, where one fifth of global suicides occur and suicide rates have doubled since 1980. Using nationally comprehensive panel data over 47 y, I demonstrate that fluctuations in climate, particularly temperature, significantly influence suicide rates. For temperatures above 20 °C, a 1 °C increase in a single day’s temperature causes ∼70 suicides, on average. This effect occurs only during India’s agricultural growing season, when heat also lowers crop yields…
View original post 178 more words
EXCELLENT example via Paul Homewood of how Government climate agencies blatantly lie to you about climate.
Keep in mind, this is a “Government” document. And its a blatant alarmist lie.
YET another example why even Government institutions – sadly – cannot be trusted on telling you the truth on anything
global warming climate change…
According to the Government’s latest UK Climate Change Risk Assessment, sea levels around the UK are rising by around 3mm a year.
This is an outright lie.
The Committee on Climate Change also tell us in their Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report, used as the basis for the Government report:
Thus implying that the rate of sea level rise has been accelerating recently.
Tide gauges however tell a totally different story.
Long running sea level data is available at two sites in the UK, North Shields in the North East, and Newlyn in the South West. There is consequently a good geographic distribution, with the former on the North Sea coast, and Newlyn facing the Atlantic.
Data kept by PSMSL shows the following:
Long term trends are around 1.9mm/yr, and it is immediately evident that there has been no acceleration in recent years.
But we can double check this by looking at the rate of rise. Below are charts showing the amount of sea level rise measured over 120-month intervals. The red line is the mean.
It is clear that there is no apparent trend, simply large variations throughout both records.
NOAA also publish graphs giving longer term 50-year trends. These both show that sea levels were rising faster around the mid 20thC.
There is one other long running tidal gauge record. This is at Aberdeen, although data for 2016 has not yet been entered by PSMSL.
However, NOAA show that sea levels are only rising by 0.72mm there, due to the fact that the land is rising.
Although the land is rising in Scotland, most of England is sinking. Both are as a result of glacial isostatic adjustment, the ongoing movement of land once burdened by ice-age glaciers.
Consequently, part of the sea level rise seen at North Shields and Newlyn is due to this, rather than absolute sea level rise.
Threats of ever rising sea levels are stock in trade for the climate mafia, yet when we look at actual tidal gauge records, we see nothing other than a gradual rise, going back to the 19thC.
However, for such fake claims to be made in an official government report is simply unacceptable.
Sea-Level Rise Scam Related :
- NASA “Sea Level Rise” Fraud | Climatism
- Miami’s Vice | Climatism
- Tangier Island | Climatism
- Falling Sea Level: The Critical Factor in 2016 Great Barrier Reef Bleaching! | Climatism
Sea Level Rise Fraud Related :
- 44th Pacific “Sinking Islands” Extortion Forum (COP21 Update 2015) | Climatism
- Climate Change Sea Level Rise Extortion | Climatism
- It wasn’t CO2: Global sea levels started rising before 1800 « JoNova
- NASA Sea Level Fraud | Real Science
Mainstream Media Sea Level Rise Alarmism :
- L.A. Times climate science denial article instead shows the Times clearly denying well established climate science | Climatism
- National Geographic’s Junk Science: How long will it take for sea level rise to reach midway up the Statue of Liberty? | Climatism
Sea Level Rise Related :
- Rate of global sea level rise decelerating this century
- No Sea Level Rise Along The Western Coast Of North America Since The Start Of Satellite Records
- Scientists Find That Sea Level Rise Is Much Slower Than Expected…No Human Fingerprint
- Global Sea Level Trend – 1.08 mm/year – NOAA records
- NEW PAPER : The global mean sea level started decelerated rising since 2004 with the rising rate 1.8 ± 0.9 mm/yr in 2012.
- NEW PAPER : Sea level rise slowed from 2004 – Deceleration, not acceleration as CO2 rises.
- NEW PAPER : New paper finds global sea levels rising at only 7 inches per century or 1.5mm/yr – THE HOCKEY SCHTICK
- Pacific Island Nations Are Growing Not Sinking
- The Maldives Are Not ‘Sinking’, They Are In Fact ‘Growing’
ALEX EPSTEIN, author of the New York Times best-selling book “The Moral Case For Fossil Fuels” brilliantly and succinctly lays out why the much touted “97% of climate scientists agree” meme, amounts to nothing more than clever PR and propaganda used by climate alarmists to promote the Left’s pet environmental/political cause – “man-made
global warming climate change”…
Before you view Alex’s terrific 4:36min presentation, ask yourself how plausible a 97% consensus of any belief or argument really is, without it having been subject to bogus and deceitful manipulation.
- How many elections are won by a 97% majority?
- 100% of doctors believed passive smoking caused cancer until that theory was quashed.
- 100% of doctors believed cholesterol was deadly until recently.
If 97% of Meteorologists can’t predict the weather next week, why do 97% of climate
expertsalarmists think that they can predict the climate 100 years from now?
Is it true that 97% of climate scientists agree that climate change is real? Where does the 97% figure come from? And if it is true, do they agree on both the severity of and the solution to climate change? New York Times bestselling author Alex Epstein, founder of the Center for Industrial Progress, reveals the origins of the “97%” figure and explains how to think more clearly about climate change.
These 30,000+ “scientists” weren’t sucked in by the “97%” climate consensus hoax…
The “97%” Hoax Related :
- 97% of climate models say that 97% of climate scientists are wrong | Climatism
- IPCC Insider Says That The 97% Consensus Actually Consists Of “A Few Dozen” | Climatism
- 97 Articles Refuting The ‘97% Consensus’ on global warming | Climatism
- 97% Of Climate “Experts” Promised You The Arctic Would Be Ice-Free By 2014 | Climatism
- The Cook ‘97% consensus’ paper, exposed by new book for the fraud that it really is | Watts Up With That?
- Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring ’97-Percent Consensus’ Claims | Forbes
- Climate Change: No, It’s Not a 97 Percent Consensus | National Review
- TOP READ: The 99.99% pure climate consensus – how to ignore thousands of skeptical scientists « JoNova
“It doesn’t matter what is true,
it only matters what people believe is true.”
– Paul Watson,
co-founder of Greenpeace
“Climate Change will result in a catastrophic global sea level
rise of seven meters. That’s bye-bye most of Bangladesh,
Netherlands, Florida and would make London the new Atlantis.”
– Greenpeace International
Patrick Moore (born 1947) is a Canadian activist, and former president of Greenpeace Canada. Since leaving Greenpeace, Moore has criticized the environmental movement for what he sees as scare tactics and disinformation, saying that the environmental movement “abandoned science and logic in favor of emotion and sensationalism.” (Wikipedia)
A MUST SEE 5 mins by Patrick Moore PhD, on the “man-made climate change” scam…
Dr Moore Related :
- Confessions of a ‘Greenpeace Dropout’ to the U.S. Senate on climate change | Climatism
- MUST READ Greenpeace founder delivers powerful annual lecture, praises carbon dioxide – full text | Climatism
- Think You Know Greenpeace? Look Again | Climatism
- Peer into the Heart of the IPCC, Find Greenpeace | C;imatism
- Patrick Moore: Greenpeace has made itself the sworn enemy of all life on Earth | Climatism
- MUST SEE : GREENPEACE Co-Founder – No Evidence Global Warming Is Caused By Humans | Climatism
MORE on the shock, global warming “pause” paper from warmists Santer, Mann et al !
via PA Pundits…
UPDATE via Climatism:
MAKE NO MISTAKE. This paper is massive. It basically reaffirms what climate sceptics (“Deniers”) have been stating for years – that despite record CO2 emissions over the past 20 years, there has been NO statistically significant global warming over this period.
There is a catastrophic problem with the UN’s billion dollar CMIP5 climate models that essentially drive the $trillion global warming industry. They are grossly overheated, leading to the panic, hysteria and fake news seen daily on the topic.
Something other than CO2 must be driving the climate. And The Godfather’s of global warming doom and gloom – Ben Santer and Mikey (hockey stick) Mann et al have released this *scientific* paper supporting the sceptical notion of a lower CO2 sensitivity than perceived by the “97%”.
It is being touted in the sceptic community as “Black Monday” owing to the release day.
Surely, this paper spells the beginning of the end for the greatest and most costly scientific fraud ever perpetrated upon mankind.
By Andrew Bolt ~
Even leading alarmist Ben Santer, lead author of a paper in Nature Geoscience, now admits the world isn’t warming as predicted by global warming models. Even Michael Mann, who produced the infamous hockey stick, has put his name to this paper.
From the abstract:
In the early twenty-first century, satellite-derived tropospheric warming trends were generally smaller than trends estimated from a large multi-model ensemble.
The problem is the models on which the global warming scare is based were simply wrong:
We conclude that model overestimation of tropospheric warming in the early twenty-first century is partly due to systematic deficiencies in some of the post-2000 external forcings used in the model simulations.
James Delingpole describes Santer’s colorful history in the climate wars since he was outed in the Climategate scandal.
John Christy, who collects satellite temperature data…
View original post 93 more words