Stanford Universities deep-green Malthusian and population freak, Paul Ehrlich, answered that question in 1992 …
“Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.” – Malthusian, eco-alarmist Paul R. Ehrlich in The American Spectator, September 6, 1992
Greens and institutions like the UN (global warming alarmists) don’t like cheap, reliable, efficient electricity as they fear it will create the much feared overpopulation crisis.
In fact, providing cheap, reliable energy creates wealth which in fact reduces birth rates. (E.g. Scandinavia)
If policy is driven by petulant, infantile ideology, instead of cool-headed economics, the result is, without exception, an unmitigated disaster. Here’s a nice little wrap-up based on the latter policy approach, that unpicks the falsehoods of the former.
(Guaranteed) power to the people
12 February 2016
This week saw the opening of a massive energy project centred on Shetland. A consortium led by the French energy company Total has invested £3.5bn in extracting gas from deep undersea over 100 km west of the islands, receiving it onshore at a new complex adjacent to the existing Sullom Voe oil terminal, and then feeding it into the UK mainland gas grid. According to the report “the Shetland Gas Plant is said by its operator Total to be capable of supplying energy to two million homes” (Total turns on gas…
View original post 1,245 more words
“So even the rain that falls isn’t actually going to fill our dams and our river systems…” Tim Flannery 2007
From Two Men in a Tinnie to this Ship of Fools. Climate catastrophist, Professor Tim Flannery has awarded himself an upgrade!
More on this latest case of epic eco hypocrisy via Herald Sun – Andrew Bolt :
No, not a parody. The Climate Council really has invited Australian warmists to spend more than $7500 for a luxury cruise, gassing with Tim Flannery:
As part of this adventure, you will join renowned scientist and former Australian of the Year, Professor Tim Flannery – the Climate Council’s Chief Councillor – on the adventure of a lifetime along the remote Kimberley coast…
Best of all, by taking part in this expedition, you’ll be stepping up to help provide Australians with a vital source of correct and informed information on climate change…
Our custom-built vessel is fully air-conditioned, equipped with a helipad, spa, large en-suited cabins and offers indoor and outdoor alfresco areas …
Plus more gassy extras, none solar-powered:
– Courtesy vehicle to/from your Broome accommodation
– Light aircraft from Broome to Mitchell Plateau
– Return helicopter flight from Mitchell Plateau to Hunter River
Another frequent-flying warmist hypocrite:
Taxpayers have forked out almost $13,000 for South Australian Premier Jay Weatherill, his department’s chief executive and two political staffers to stay in a five-star hotel for the Paris climate change talks in December.
This comes after taxpayers outlaid more than $185,500 for a private film crew to follow the Labor Premier on two overseas trips, including to Paris, to produce promotional videos.
Government figures showed it cost about $53,600 for two people from Adelaide company 57 Films to follow Mr Weatherill on the Paris trip.
- Disaster Antarctica : Hydrocarbons Wreaking Havoc In The Southern Ocean (Ship Of Fools) | Climatism
- The legacy of Tim Flannery..White elephant desalination plants | Climatism
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Tim Flannery’s Dream | Climatism
Flannery Related :
- Shock news : Australia has always had heatwaves | Climatism
- When will Flannery admit he was wrong? | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog
- Al Gore’s ‘nine Inconvenient Untruths’ – Telegraph
- Climate Commission’s latest report slammed as ‘environmental activism’ « Australian Climate Madness
- MUST READ : Warmism’s bellowing dinosaurs — Quadrant Online
- Landline – 11/02/2007: Interview with Professor Tim Flannery . ABC
- EPIC Must Read Interview : Flannery vs Bolt transcript – Herald Sun
- Flannery Claims Global Action On Carbon Will Make No Difference To Global Temps For “1000” Years! MTR today, March 25 | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog
- ALARMISM MUST READ : The warmists’ straw man: “We never said it wouldn’t rain” | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog
- Flannery sacked | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog
- No thanks for Flannery at end of climate career | Herald Sun
- Flannery’s green investment in deep strife | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog
- Through the years Tim Flannery did indeed develop a reputation on climate change | The Australian
- Shock News : Before The Commodore Australia Had Droughts | Climatism
CO2 up = hurricanes down. Not what we were promised.
Street fishing in Miami in 1926.
As CO2 has increased, the number of hurricanes hitting the US has plummeted.
During the late 19th century, the US averaged more than two hurricane strikes per year, but over the past decade has averaged less than one per year. Perhaps Exxon should get a tax break for saving the climate?
Grim predictions of the imminent demise of polar bears – their “harsh prophetic reality” as it’s been called – have been touted since at least 2001. But such depressing prophesies have so widely missed the mark they can now be said to have failed.
While polar bears may be negatively affected by declines in sea ice sometime in the future, so far there is no convincing evidence that any unnatural harm has come to them. Indeed, global population size (described by officials as a “tentative guess“) appears to have grown slightly over this time, as the maximum estimated number was 28,370 in 1993 (Wiig and colleagues 1995; range 21,470-28,370) but rose to 31,000 in 2015 (Wiig and colleagues 2015, [pdf here] aka 2015 IUCN Red List assessment; range 20,000-31,000).
These ominous prophesies have been promoted primarily by Ian Stirling, Steven Amstrup, Andrew Derocher and…
View original post 2,916 more words