SHOCK NEWS! Arctic Summers Ice-Free by 2013Posted: August 8, 2013
“We need to get some broad based support,
to capture the public’s imagination…
So we have to offer up scary scenarios,
make simplified, dramatic statements
and make little mention of any doubts…
Each of us has to decide what the right balance
is between being effective and being honest.“
- Prof. Stephen Schneider,
Stanford Professor of Climatology,
lead author of many IPCC reports
“The only way to get our society to truly change is to
frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe.”
- emeritus professor Daniel Botkin
“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.“
- Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation
According to 97% of the world’s top climate scientists, the Arctic will be ‘ice-free’ in a few weeks …
Professor Wedhams gives a two year reprieve …
Will Steffen of Australia’s Climate Commission reports a melting arctic and The emission of methane from the Arctic Ocean will wreak financial havoc:
“Warming is strongest in the northern high latitudes … An example is the loss of Arctic sea ice, which contributes to the thawing of the permafrost under the East Siberian Sea.” “Recent observations show that methane is beginning to bubble up … as the Arctic sea ice continues to retreat and the region continues to warm.”
- The release of the East Siberian Sea methane would lead to impacts worth about US$60 trillion (by comparison, the total value of the world’s economy in 2012 was about US$70 trillion, and the value of the Australian economy is about US$1.5 trillion).
Climate Commission and Steffen taking full advantage of the latest climate hysteria. An alarmist prediction so bad, even Gavin Schmidt thinks it is implausible!
ARCTIC ICE “Death Spiral” …
The ice is in a “death spiral” and may disappear in the summers within a couple of decades, according to Mark Serreze, an Arctic climate expert at the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colorado.
Paul Beckwith of Sierra Club Canada still thinks “Arctic sea ice will vanish” in a few weeks …
‘Serious’ Adult Arctic Alarmism
A CLOSER LOOK at the ice-free Arctic of summer 2013 …
From Real Science:
Arctic ice area has increased by almost 20,000 Manhattans from this date last year, making it the second largest increase on record. The only year which gained more ice was 1996.
In a few days, it is likely that 2013 will move into the #1 spot.
2013 is the coldest Arctic summer on record:
Temperatures have plummeted below freezing weeks early.
Green shows ice gain since August 8, 2012. Red shows ice loss over that period.
How it looks:
This summer has seen the largest increase in sea ice area on record. August 8 ice area was 1.26 million km² larger than the same date in 2012, beating the old record increase set in 1996.
NOAA describes this record increase in ice as being a record loss.
Since July 23, Arctic ice area loss has been the second slowest on record. Ice loss has been 61% of normal, and was just slightly faster than 2001.
Climate experts tell us that Arctic sea ice is thin, decayed, rotten, and screaming, and that it is all going to melt away quite suddenly during the next week.
I just received this message from the Arctic
Government scientists shouldn’t claim 99% certainty of theorized cause and effect relationships – based entirely on preconceived notions and political prejudice.
Additionally, scientists who claim to be able to see the distant future are complete frauds.
The amount of thin, rotten, decayed, bald sea ice on Earth has increased by nearly 33,000 Manhattans since this date last year – almost doubling the previous record for annual ice gain.
Note that the amount of sea ice on Earth has increased during six of the last eight years.
NOAA says that these are the hottest years ever, and that the Arctic will soon be ice-free.
Arctic ice area the highest since 2006, and average ice area for the year to date is higher than 2006.
This summer has been a disaster for Arctic alarmists, but it is only going to get worse. The bulk of remaining ice is perfectly situated in the western Arctic to survive the winter and become multi-year ice.
Another cold summer like this one, and western Arctic ice will be back to what alarmists call “normal” Look for great wailing and gnashing of teeth.
GLOBAL SEA-ICE :
Planet Earth currently has 333,000 Manhattans of sea ice, which is more ice than on the same date in 1990. (Note that there was a small dip a few years ago which caused many leading scientists to become hysterical.)
Climate experts say that the poles are melting down, because they never look at any actual data.
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
- Scientists talking about no warming
- Peer into the Heart of the IPCC, Find Greenpeace | CACA
- UN-Settled Science
- 44th Pacific “Sinking Islands” Extortion Forum | CACA
- 97% of climate models say that 97% of climate scientists are wrong | CACA
- Bureaucratic Dioxide
- A cooling consensus
- Modelling Climate Alarmism
- GLOBAL WARMING THEORY – Circular reasoning at its best
- Obamaclimate and Europe’s Green Energy Basket-Case | CACA
Australia Climate Related:
- Tim Flannery sacked, Climate Commission dismantled by Coalition | Herald Sun
- A win for Australia! Government scraps Climate Commission. « JoNova
- Flannery sacked | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog
- Claim: Humans behind record Australian heat, research shows | CACA
- Australia’s Climate Comm: Propaganda Unit Blinded By Ideology | CACA
- Claim: Ocean Acidification Is Climate Change’s ‘Equally Evil Twin’ | CACA
- Australia’s record hottest 12 month period? Junk science say the Satellites | CACA
Happy Birthday to my Brother Tim today (August 8) … never far away.