Perspective : Look Up Your Risk of Dying of COVID-19Posted: September 21, 2021
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely
exercised for the good of its victims
may be the most oppressive.”
– C. S. Lewis
“The urge to save humanity is almost always a
false-front for the urge to rule it.”
– H.L. Mencken
“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins,all of them imaginary.”
– H.L. Mencken
When the 24-hour mainstream media ‘news’ cycle is intentionally geared to keep you fixated through mechanisms of fear, hysteria and alarm it is perhaps beneficial to be grounded, often, by good old fashioned hard data.
CDC and Stanford University data demonstrating the actual risk of death by Covid may be one way to help defend against the merciless attack on reason, sanity and calm by Covid-19 power-hungry politicians and compliant mainstream media.
Some much needed perspective here via Rational Ground :
(US Covid-19 data via CDC / Stanford)
Perspective: Look Up Your Risk of Dying of COVID-19
Get some perspective folks. Our good friend Phil Kerpen has updated the COVID-19 mortality tables by age – specific age actually! So look up your own risk between you and your peers below.
- First, find your age on the chart on column #1.
- Second column: how many people your age have died of COVID-19 since January 2020
- Third column: the number of people in the U.S. who are that age.
- Fourth column: the % of the people that age who have died of COVID.
If you’re 49 there have been 3,965 49-yr-olds who have died of COVID-19. There are over 4.3 million 49-yr-olds olds – which means that 0.085% of 49 year olds have died of COVID. As I always note, if you are over the age of 65 strongly consider getting vaccinated as there is acute risk to you. Under the age of 45 there is a near zero statistical risk of mortality. Otherwise – your choice but stay informed!
You might also choose to look up how many people your age have died of ANYTHING since January 2020 and how that gives you perspective on COVID-19 deaths.
Lastly, consider the types of deaths which occur at these ratios. We’ve mapped these to mortality risks provided by insurance companies for comparison.
And of course we provide some perspective on age comparisons. The median age of death of a COVID-19 victim is about 80 years old. The risk tables show that for every 20 years below 80 your risk decreases by 10x. So if you are 60 your risk is 10x lower than that of an 80 year old. If you are 40 your risk is 100x lower and if you are 20 your risk is 1000x (ONE THOUSAND!) times lower than an 80 year old.
- COVID-19 : The Authoritarian Left’s Overt ‘Denial of Science’ In A Single Tweet | Climatism
- COVID-19 : A Shocking New Study Emerges | Climatism
- EVERY Crisis Becomes A Religion If It Lasts Long Enough | Climatism
- MUST WATCH : Gaslighting, Unending Lockdowns And Climate Change | Climatism
- SURPRISE, SURPRISE! Global Lockdown Every Two Years Needed To Meet Paris CO₂ Goals | Climatism
- COVID19 = CLIMATE CHANGE : The More Afraid You Are, The More You Will Accept | Climatism
- SWEDEN : The Winning Case Against COVID-19 Lockdown Dystopia | Climatism
- Corona Perspectives From Swiss Policy Research | Climatism