BBC busy spreading climate change fear and panic to the vulnerable. Paul Homewood corrects the MIAMI sea-level rise record straight with actual “science” and data …
By Paul Homewood
h/t Jonathan Scott
Just down the coast from Donald Trump’s weekend retreat, the residents and businesses of south Florida are experiencing regular episodes of water in the streets. In the battle against rising seas, the region – which has more to lose than almost anywhere else in the world – is becoming ground zero.
The first time my father’s basement flooded, it was shortly after he moved in. The building was an ocean-front high-rise in a small city north of Miami called Sunny Isles Beach. The marble lobby had a waterfall that never stopped running; crisp-shirted valets parked your car for you. For the residents who lived in the more lavish flats, these cars were often BMWs and Mercedes. But no matter their value, the cars all wound up in the same place: the basement.
When I called, I’d ask my dad how the building was doing…
View original post 1,110 more words
LIKE Groundhog Day, The Guardian has published another emotion-filled, sea-level rise propaganda piece confirming how bad we are burning fossil fuels, causing Mother Nature to likely punish us with floods.
“Only 7% of the heat being trapped by greenhouse gases is stored in the atmosphere,” Hal begins. “Do you know where the other 93% lives?”
A teenager, wrists lined in aquamarine beaded bracelets, rubs sleep from her eyes. Returns her head to its resting position in her palm. The man seated behind me roots around in his briefcase for a breakfast bar. No one raises a hand.
“In the ocean,” Hal continues. “That heat is expanding the ocean, which is contributing to sea level rise, and it is also, more importantly, creating the setting for something we really don’t want to have happen: rapid melt of ice.”
“Greenhouse gases, atmosphere, expanding oceans, sea level rise, rapid melt of ice” – Shock, horror!!
LET’S break down the hysteria one more time for The Guardian
global warming climate change hysterics…
SEA LEVEL RISE
GLOBALLY, seas have risen 400 feet, 120 metres or 120,000mm over the past ~20,000 years, since the end of the last Ice Age.
Over the past 200 years seas have been rising at a relatively steady rate.
According to NOAA the current rate of global sea-level rise is 2.8 ± 0.4 mm/year:
Climate change and sea level rise over the past 20,000 years…
SEA-LEVEL RISE ACCELERATION?
SEAS have not stopped rising since the end of the last great Ice Age ~20,000 years ago. However, what is pertinent to the sea-level rise debate is whether SLR is accelerating due to human CO2 emissions. Read the rest of this entry »
YET another example of why mainstream media outlets like @BBC, captured by the radical environmental movement, cannot be trusted on anything “climate change”.
By Paul Homewood
Readers may recall an item on the BBC World at One back in March about rising sea levels in Florida, when their correspondent claimed that:
1) Rising seas and flooding are turning Miami Beach into a modern day Atlantis, the city being submerged by water.
2) Sea levels at Miami are rising at ten times the global rate.
I covered the story here.
I complained to the BBC at the time, and, after being fobbed off the first time, escalated the complaint to the Executive Complaints Unit, who have now published the above judgment.
Astonishingly, they regard the claims about “Atlantis” to be “soundly based”, even though they now accept that sea levels around Miami are only rising at about 8 inches a century.
Of course, they had no choice but to withdraw the ludicrous claim about “ten times the global rate”!
View original post 45 more words
A brilliant picture presentation by WUWT guest blogger Kip Hansen expertly debunks Miami’s supposed global-warming-induced, sea-level rise/flooding hysteria!
“Miami Beach is at such grave risk of sea water flooding today that it should preemptively be declared a disaster zone – not because of global-warming-driven sea level rise but due to a seeming total lack of sensible civil engineering standards and sensible building codes.”
Guest Essay by Kip Hansen
Miami Beach has a vice – a bad one – a dangerous one.
Miami’s vice is water, as in waterfront. Everybody seems to want a house on the waterfront, a house on a canal, with a boat tied to the dock.
So what’s not to like about that? After all, my wife and I live on our boat.
The New York Times (and the LA Times) has been running story after story about Miami flooding, Miami King Tides, Miami sea level rise threating billions of dollars of infrastructure.
These news pieces offer images such as:
This first image is hurricane storm surge impacting…
View original post 1,786 more words