WITHOUT access to fossil fuels, every tree on the planet would have been cut down by now to provide for peoples heating, cooking and industry.
THE greatest threat to the environment is not affluence, it’s poverty.
BORDER between Haiti and Dominican Republic, a pristine example…
• ONE uses Fossil Fuels 🇩🇴
• THE other, signed up to the UN Paris Accord 🇭🇹
HAITI is almost 99% deforested, as they rely almost entirely on natural ‘biomass’ (wood) for domestic and industrial fuels.
ON the other side, the forests of the fossil fuel burning, eco-terrorists – the Dominican Republic – remain lush and green…
FUEL-poverty stricken German’s are already robbing forests for wood to heat their homes in winter, unable to pay for radically priced “green” energy…
TREE-theft to keep warm in Germany began back in 2013 when Energiewende was in its infancy.
THE Energiewende (German for energy transition) was legislated into German law in 2010 and is “the planned transition by Germany to a low carbon, environmentally sound, reliable, and affordable energy supply” (wiki).
AFTER nearly a €TRILLION Euros of taxpayer’s hard-earned money spent on sunshine and breezes, Germany’s Energiewende program has been exposed as a catastrophic failure, with carbon dioxide emissions higher now than in 2009, the year before the mad rush into subsidised ‘green’ energy began!
- ENERGIEWENDE FAIL: German CO2 Emissions Higher Now Than In 2009 | Climatism
- ADDING More Solar And Wind Power ‘Doubles’ CO2 Emissions | Climatism
- IF CO2’s Your Poison, Renewable Energy Is No Antidote | Climatism
WHEN will the ideological push for symbolic, costly, unreliable, unwanted, economically and environmentally destructive ‘green energy’ end?
ALL pain, for ZERO gain!
SEE also :
- THE Greatest Threat To The Environment Is Not Affluence, It’s Poverty | Climatism
- Shock news : UN Carbon Regime Would Devastate Humanity | Climatism
- CHINA To Phase Out ‘Renewable’ Subsidies, Continue To Build Coal Plants | Climatism
- GREEN ENERGY FAIL : €Trillions Spent On #Unreliables In Europe Yet Emissions Keep Rising! | Climatism
STATE Of The Climate (August 2018) :
ENERGIEWENDE Fail related :
- Energiewende | Climatism
- ENERGIEWENDE FAIL: German CO2 Emissions Higher Now Than In 2009 | Climatism
- TRULY GREEN? How Germany’s #Energiewende Is Destroying Nature | Climatism
- Regrets: Fritz Vahrenholt – German RE Pioneer Demands End to Chaotic Wind Power Push | Climatism
- ENERGIEWENDE : €1Trillion Low Carbon, Environmentally Sound, Reliable, Affordable Energy Transition Report Card | Climatism
- “Green” Germany | Climatism
TEMPERATURE Related :
- THE Great Global Warming “Pause” | Climatism
- GLOBAL Temps Continue Plunge Despite “Global Heatwave” Howls From Media Hysterics | Climatism
- GLOBAL WARMING THEORY CHECK : Global Temps Continue Century-Record Plunge, Despite Rising Emissions! | Climatism
- NO Australian Under The Age Of 40 Has Experienced Any Global Warming | Climatism
- THE SUN : Climate Control Knob, Enemy Of The Climate Cult | Climatism
- THE SUN : Climate Changer, Climate Driver, Climate Disruptor | Climatism
CLIMATISM Hot Links :
- VISUALISING Greenhouse Gases | Climatism
- 100% Of Climate Models Prove that 97% of Climate Scientists Were Wrong! | Climatism
- THE Mind-blowing Costs Of Global Warming Hysteria | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE : It’s Easier To Fool People Than To Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled | Climatism
- PICTORIAL Guide To Sea-Level Rise Alarmism And Observed Reality | Climatism
- GREENLAND Ice Cap Sees 2nd Year Of Above Average Growth | Climatism
- STOP THE MADNESS : Everything ‘Contributes To’ Climate Change Including Your Breath And Your Cat | Climatism
- TIM FLANNERY – Professor of Dud Predictions and Climate Falsehoods | Climatism
ORIGINS Of The Global Warming Scam :
- CLIMATE CHANGE : The Unsettled Science Of “Settled” Science | Climatism
- FATHER Of The 2°C Climate Target Admits Number Is Fabricated : ‘Two degrees is not a magical limit; it’s clearly a political goal’ | Climatism
- THE Orwellian Era Of @NASA Climate Pseudoscience | Climatism
- WESTERN Nations, Driven By A Global Agenda Of Climate Alarmism, Are Destroying Their Industries With Carbon Taxes And Promotion Of Expensive, Intermittent Green Energy | Climatism
- TOMORROW’S Grim, Global, Green Dictatorship | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE – The Most Massive Scientific Fraud In Human History | Climatism
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | Climatism
- The Creator, Fabricator And Proponent Of Global Warming – Maurice Strong | Climatism
- Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History | Climatism
- Sustainability is Malthusianism for the 21st Century | Climatism
- THE Climate Change Farce Explained By Two Expert “Scientists” | Climatism
- UN IPCC : Climate “Has Almost Nothing To Do With Environmental Policy.” | Climatism
- UN IPCC : “Long-Term Prediction of Future Climate States Is Not Possible.” | Climatism
- UN IPCC Rewrote Temperature History To Suit Their Political Agenda | Climatism
- YES! The Climate Changes | Climatism
- OUR Planet Has Enjoyed 10 Warm Periods During The Past 10,000 Years | Climatism
- THE ARCTIC : Ground Zero For Anthropogenic Hubris And Climate Change Hysteria | Climatism
(Climate sceptics/rationalists still waitin’ for that “big oil” cheque to arrive in the mail!)
Help us to hit back against the bombardment of climate lies costing our communities, economies and livelihoods far, far too much.
Thanks to all those who have donated and continue on a monthly cycle! Your support and faith in Climatism is highly motivating and greatly appreciated!
Citizen journalists can’t rely on mastheads, rather private donations and honest content. Every pledge helps!
Click link for more info…TQ! Jamie.
Re-pressed via Not A Lot Of People Know That
Sadly it appears that at least 1000 lives have been lost in Typhoon Yolanda (or Haiyan), that has just hit the Philippines. There appear to have been many unsubstantiated claims about its size, though these now appear to start being replaced by accurate information.
Nevertheless the BBC are still reporting today
Typhoon Haiyan – one of the most powerful storms on record to make landfall …….The storm made landfall shortly before dawn on Friday, bringing gusts that reached 379km/h (235 mph).
Unfortunately we cannot always trust the BBC to give the facts these days, so let’s see what the Philippine Met Agency, PAGASA, have to say :
So at landfall the sustained wind was 235 kmh or 147 mph, with gusts upto 275 kmh or 171 mph. This is 60 mph less than the BBC have quoted.
The maximum strength reached by the typhoon appears to have been around landfall, as the reported windspeeds three hours earlier were 225 kmh.
Terrible though this storm was, it only ranks as a Category 4 storm, and it is clear nonsense to suggest that it is “one of the most powerful storms on record to make landfall “
Given the geography of the Pacific, most typhoons stay out at sea, or only hit land once they have weakened. But in total terms, the busiest typhoon season in recent decades was 1964, whilst the following year logged the highest number of super typhoons (which equate to Cat 3 +). Of the eleven super typhoons that year, eight were Category 5’s.
So far this year, before Yolanda there have been just three Category 5’s, none of which hit land at that strength.
Personally I don’t like to comment on events such as these until long after the dust has settled. Unfortunately though, somebody has to set the record if we cannot rely on the BBC and others to get the basic facts right.
In case anyone thinks I am overreacting, take a look at the Daily Mail headlines.
Just looking at it again, is it possible the MSM are confusing mph with kmh? It seems a coincidence that PAGASA report 235 kmh.
I have just registered a complaint at the Press Complaints Commission against the Mail article. If anyone spots similar articles elsewhere, and I will add them to my complaint.
I seem to have been right about the kmh/mph confusion!
I’ve just scanned down the Mail article and seen this:
Unless they think “gusts” are less than “winds”, it looks like someone has boobed.
Re-blogged via Not A Lot Of People Know That
By Paul Homewood
Typhoon Yolanda is claimed to be the strongest storm ever, with gusts of 275 kph.
Yet back in 2006, Typhoon Reming recorded 320 kph.
And in 1970, Typhoon Sening registered the same 275 kph.
All figures are from the Philippine Met Agency, PAGOSA, and are calculated on the same basis, as the windspeeds at landfall.
So why are we being lied to?
Data from the national weather bureau, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration, or PAGASA, showed that Typhoon Haiyan’s intensity – measured by the wind strength at its center and the speed of gusts at landfall – Haiyan ranks at number 7 among the strongest storms ever to have hit the Philippines.
It could eventually prove to be the deadliest, with the death toll currently at more than 2,300 and mounting. But among the so-called supertyphoons— those with center winds in excess of 134 miles an hour — the title goes to Joan.
Known locally as Sening, that storm made landfall in Virac, Catanduanes province, north of the current devastation and around 236 miles south of Manila. When it hit, Joan had center winds of 171 miles per hour and gusts of 193 miles per hour, compared to Haiyan’s 147 mph.
- Jeff Masters Called Out For Lying About The Typhoon | Real Science
- Combining Jeff Masters’ Big Lie With Nonsensical Misinterpretation | Real Science
- Would Jeff Masters Have Survived 1934? | Real Science
- Fox News Says That 147 MPH Winds Are Among The Strongest Ever Recorded | Real Science
- Shock News : The Philippines Have Always Had Super Typhoons | CACA
- 19th Century Was Deadliest For Cyclones | Real Science
Quote Source – The Green Agenda
“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.“
– Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation
- TYPHOON IN PHILLIPINES. LONDON, Sunday.
- The Gundagai Times and Tumut, Adelong and Murrumbidgee District Advertiser (NSW : 1868 – 1931) Tuesday 7 January 1913 p 2 Article
- … TYPHOON IN PHILLIPINES. London, Sunday. During’ a recent typhoon in the Phillipines, a steamer, 7000 tons, sank at anchor. … 19 words
- TYPHOON IN PHILLIPINES. LONDON, Thursday afternoon.
- Northern Star (Lismore, NSW : 1876 – 1954) Saturday 26 September 1908 p 9 Article
- … TYPHOON IN PHILLIPINES. LONDON, Thursday afternoon. Thursday has been a typhoon with a great loss of life and property at Sumar Leyte Luzon, Panay, Misbate and Ramulon, in the Phillipines Group. There are no details yet. … 30 words
- TYPHOON DEVASTATES PHILLIPINES. MORE THAN 100 DEAD.
- Albany Advertiser (WA : 1897 – 1950) Monday 22 November 1937 p 1 Article
- … TYPHOON DEVASTATES PHILLIPINES. MORE THAN 100 DEAD. MANILA, Nov. 19.-A typhoon which swept and devastated eight islands is- lands in the Phillipine Group yesterday, yester- day, resulted in the deaths of 123 per per- sons, while over 100 are missing. Sixty per cent. of the homes were des des- … 49 words
- TYPHOON IN THE PHILLIPINES. MANILLA, Friday.
- Northern Territory Times and Gazette (Darwin, NT : 1873 – 1927) Tuesday 7 September 1920 p 1 Article
- … TYPHOON IN THE PHILLIPINES. MANILLA, Friday A typhoon has wrought much damage to the Phillipine Islands. The naval station at Cavito was unroof[?]l. The American oil tank steamer Eastern Eas[?] was driven ashore in Manilla Bay. … 38 words
- DISASTROUS TYPHOON Phillipines Swept MANILA, Dec. 4.
- The Maitland Daily Mercury (NSW : 1894 – 1939) Tuesday 5 December 1939 p 5 Article
- … DISASTROUS TYPHOON Phillipines Swept (‘Mercury’ Service) MANILA, Dec.’ 4. Service) A typhoon which is sweeping through the Philippine Islands and approaching ing Manila is said to be the worst experienced perienced since 1908. ?It has already ravaged five south western islands, and isolated seven … 81 words
- TYPHOON RAVAGES PHILLIPINES HUNDREDS HOMELESS MANILA, To-day
- Mirror (Perth, WA : 1921 – 1956) Saturday 10 December 1938 p 3 Article
- … TYPHOON RAVAGES PHILLIPINES HUNDREDS HOMELESS MANILA, To-day A typhoon ravaged the Philippine Islands, causing at least twenty deaths and 750,000 dollars worth of damage. Communications have been destroyed and hundreds are homeless. It is feared the freighter Admiral Hal Hal- stead, which carries … 54 words
- PLANE LOST IN TYPHOON OFF PHILLIPINES MANILA, Tuesday.
- The Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 – 1995) Wednesday 29 October 1952 p 4 Article
- … PLANE LOST IN TYPHOON OFF PHILLIPINES MANILA, Tuesday. The typhoon ”Wilma” blew into the China Sea toward Indo-China China today leaving three dead, 21 missing and a trail of de- struction through … Capiz. The storm was considerably less severe than the typhoon ”Trix” last week, which left 1000 … 125 words
- WIDESPREAD DAMAGE Typhoon Sweeps Phillipines MANILLA (P.I.). Monday.
- Goulburn Evening Penny Post (NSW : 1881 – 1940) Tuesday 27 November 1928 Edition: DAILY and EVENING p 2 Article
- … WIDESPREAD DAMAGE Typhoon Sweeps Phillipines MANILLA (P.I.), Monday. The most severe typhoon experienced enced in the Phillipine Islands this year swept the southern portion of Luzon Island. The gale at times reached a velocity o’f 70 miles an hour. The damage is estimated at £250,000. Thirty per … 84 words
- A TYPHOON IN THE PHILLIPINES. MANILA, May 12.
- The Northern Miner (Charters Towers, Qld. : 1874 – 1954) Tuesday 13 May 1913 p 5 Article
- … A TYPHOON IN THE PHILLIPINES. PH1UJHMSS MANILLA, May 12. IS A dreadful typhoon is still raging though nearly spent. Many steam- ttoMn ers and lighter craft have been … s since the sea rose to such a terrific height. … 54 words
- TYPHOON IN PHILLIPINES 200 DEAD AND THOUSANDS HOMELESS. Manila, Sept. 8.
- Kalgoorlie Miner (WA : 1895 – 1950) Tuesday 10 September 1929 p 5 Article
- … TYPHOON IN PHILLIPINES | ? ? ^-»– ? ? ? 200 DEAD AND THOUSANDS HOMELESS. Manila, Sept. 8. ! Two hundred are dead and thousands sands are homeless as the result of a typhoon at Southern Luzon Island The United States des troyer is. en route to the coast of JLuzon for relief work. The water … 77 words
- TYPHOON IN THE PHILLIPINES DEATH ROLL EXCEEDS 200 THOUSANDS REPORTED HOMELESS MANILLA, Sunday.
- The Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 – 1995) Tuesday 10 September 1929 p 1 Article
- … TYPHOON IN THE PHILLIPINES DEATH ROLL EXCEEDS 200 THOUSANDS REPORTED HOMELESS MANILLA, Sunday. A typhoon which is over the southern end of Luzon Island has rendered thousands homeless. Over 200 are dead. A United States destroyer is bound for the coast of Luzon to aid in relief work. Subsequent to … 74 words
- TYPHOON IN PHILLIPINES 200 DEAD AND THOUSANDS HOMELESS. Manila, Sept. 8.
- Western Argus (Kalgoorlie, WA : 1916 – 1938) Tuesday 17 September 1929 p 26 Article
- … TYPHOON IN PHILLIPINES 2o0 DEAD AND THOUSANDS HOMELESS. Manila, Sept. 8. Two hundred are dead and thousands thou- sands are homeless as the result of a typhoon at Southern Luzon Island The United States des des- troyer is en route to the coast of Luzon for relief work. The water shortage at … 67 words
- TYPHOON AND TIDAL WAVE IN THE PHILLIPINES. 7000 Lives Lost.
- Barrier Miner (Broken Hill, NSW : 1888 – 1954) Wednesday 12 January 1898 Edition: SECOND EDITION p 3 Article
- … TYPHOON AND TIDAL WAVE IN THE PHILLIPINES. 7000 Lives Lost. MAIL advices, brought by the steamer Gaelic from Chinese and other ports in the Far East, contain details of the fearful destruc- tion wrought in the Phillipine Islands by the typhoon and tidal wave during October. It is … 711 words
- TYPHOON. MUCH DAMAGE CAUSED IN THE PHILLIPINES. Manilla, Monday.
- Camperdown Chronicle (Vic. : 1877 – 1954) Tuesday 13 May 1913 p 3 Article
- … TYPHOON. MUCH DAMAGE CAUSED IN THE PHILLIPINES. Manilla, Monday. ” ‘A heavy typhoon swept the Plnllip piuo Islands,: causing grisvt damage. Many steamers and lighter” craft wore wreched, and much … persons lost their lives at sea. Tho typhoon was tho most serious oxpori enwd” for ■ eight years.l’l- ‘■ … 68 words
- SEVERE TYPHOON FAR EAST STRUCK HEAVY CASUALTIES IN THE PHILLIPINES Manila, August 22.
- Geraldton Guardian and Express (WA : 1929 – 1947) Saturday 24 August 1940 p 1 Article
- … SEVERE TYPHOON FAR EAST STRUCK HEAVY CASUALTIES IN THE PHILLIPINES Manila, August 22. Eight people are reported to be dead in North Luzon as a result of a typhoon which struck the Far East on … island of the Phillipines. … 90 words
- DISASTROUS TYPHOON.
- The Gundagai Times and Tumut, Adelong and Murrumbidgee District Advertiser (NSW : 1868 – 1931) Friday 29 September 1905 p 2 Article
- … DISASTROUS TYPHOON. Ten persons have been killed and a thousand people rendered homeless by a typhoon in the Phillipines. … 19 words
- A STEAMER LOST IN A TYPHOON.
- Gippsland Times (Vic. : 1861 – 1954) Thursday 5 October 1905 Edition: MORNINGS. p 3 Article
- … A STEAMER LOST IN A TYPHOON. The steamer Cantabrin,”. plying amongst the foundered in a typhoon. 97 officers and crew ands 17 passengers perished. ” ý … 26 words
- Latest Telegrams. INTERNATIONAL. London, Oct. 21.
- Western Herald (Bourke, NSW : 1887 – 1970) Wednesday 23 October 1912 p 2 Article
- … Latest telegrams. INTERNATIONAL. London. Oct. 21. In a typhoon he Phillipines 400 lives were lost one town, while in two towns 2,400 hoses were wrecked. The damage is estimated ti mi ted at five millions. The crop wm destroyed. Jack Johnson, elirged with abduc tion, was broughtibefoie the Police … 76 words
- DISASTROUS TYPHOON. Towns Wrecked. (By Cable). London, Thursday.
- Singleton Argus (NSW : 1880 – 1954) Saturday 30 November 1912 p 4 Article
- … DISASTROUS TYPHOON. Towns Wrecked. (By Cable). London, Thursday. A terrifle 1 ?.l ? A terrific typhoon has taken place in the Phillipines. Two towns were ruined, and hundreds killed and drowned. Two steamers were wrecked in Taleoban Har- hour. … 39 words
- 30 LIVES LOST IN WRECK
- Goulburn Evening Post (NSW : 1940 – 1957) Monday 29 December 1947 Edition: Daily and Evening p 3 Article
- … 30 LIVES LOST IN .WRECK MANILA, Monday: Of 64 persons sons on board the Danish motorship, torship, Kina, which sank in the Sea of Sama on Christmas Day after a typhoon sweeping the’ Phillipines had sent it crashing oh, the Jagged rocks of Camandag Island, 34, in cluuiing the captain, are still … 104 words
Via Real Science
Published: November 28, 1897
Copyright © The New York Times
THOUSANDS OF LIVES LOST.
SAN FRANCISCO, Cal., Nov. 27.—The typhoon which swept over the Philippine Islands on Oct. 6 was the cause of one of the worst disasters reported from the Southern Ocean In many years- Thousands of lives were lost, among those who perished being many Europeans, and the damage to property was something appalling.
The difficulty of getting news from the Islands is great at any time, and owing to the remoteness of some of the provinces visited by the hurricane full details of the 1st of November. The steamer Gaelic, from the Orient to-day, brought letters and papers which contain accounts of the ravages of the tidal wave and the winds. Several towns were swept or blown away. Fully 400 Europeans were drowned, and it is estimated that 6,000 natives perished.
Via Real Science
More Low CO² Philippines “Super” Typhoon Devastation :
H/t to Real Science Shock News : The Philippines Have Always Had Super Typhoons.
H/t to Craig Havenaar
Please Donate generously to the Red-Cross Typhoon Haiyan appeal
Related Links :
- Super Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) | CACA
- Everything the Greens claim about this typhoon is wrong | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt
- Climate Change Insanity Never Changes | CACA
- RSS Shows No Warming In Australia | CACA
- State Of The Climate Report | CACA
- Mankind’s Shocking Alteration Of The Atmosphere | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
- Bureaucratic Dioxide | CACA
- Will the IPCC be extended an invite to this years COP19 climate conference?
Alarmist Media Reporting :
- Typhoon Haiyan: what really alarms Filipinos is the rich world ignoring climate change | John Vidal | Comment is free | theguardian.com