“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
Far from being in love with these things – as the gullible press here would have us believe – the Germans that are forced to endure them, hate them just as much as everyone else in the World.
In this wrap up of a report from Die Welt by NoTricksZone, set-upon rural Germans have had – as we say ‘a gutful’ of the wind industry; and what comes with it.
Taking matters into their own gnarly, weathered hands, German farming communities are in open rebellion.
It’s an uprising that includes farmers blockading turbine construction sites with their tractors; and stealthy stormtroopers dropping a MET mast, used to measure wind speeds, that presage the threat of industrial wind turbine construction.
View original post 731 more words
What a shame it never had the opportunity to payback its 60 tonne carbon footprint worth of concrete, steel, coking coal and iron ore.
Ahh the iron-y.
60-Tonne Wind Turbine Rotor Crashes To Earth
1 March 2016
The online SVZ here reported yesterday on a wind-turbine construction accident occurring in Southern Germany.
Workers of the Hamburg-based Nordex company were operating a large hoisting crane by remote control as it lifted the 60-tonne wind turbine rotor assembly for mounting onto the 200-meter tall tower.
At 60 meters height the entire assembly came crashing down onto the earth below.
According to an eyewitness, a gust of wind may have caused the rotor to strike the tower before falling.
The SVZ reports that the impact likely caused irreparable damage to the structure’s foundation, and so the entire turbine unit will have to be rebuilt complete from scratch.
Damage is estimated to be in the hundreds of thousands of euros. No one was injured.
The accident is now under investigation and a…
View original post 38 more words
“Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the
equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.”
– Prof Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University
South Australia’s Premier likes to boast his state has more wind power than any other:
Renewables now account for 39 per cent of our electricity generation which is way ahead of the original target we set of 20 per cent. We now have the highest rate of solar penetration per capita of any country in the world and we have the second highest rate of wind farm penetration per capita than any country in the world.
What he doesn’t add is that this not only gives South Australia the country’s highest power prices and a dependency on Victoria’s coal-fired power. It also gives it power that can’t be relied upon, as locals found out yesterday:
POWER has been restored to most South Australian homes after a widespread blackout put thousands into darkness, when the state lost electricity supply from Victoria.
A spokesman for SA Power Networks said the state lost supply from “upstream” when the interconnector shut down, triggering an automatic loss of power — load shedding — in SA, resulting widespread outages…
When the Victorian system shut down, 160 megawatts of energy was lost andwind power did not supply energy because it often does not start until 3am.
- Renewable Power Australia – Green Power Killing Business | Climatism
- Wind Power Investment Collapses in Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Norway | Climatism
- If the Wind’s not Blowing – the Fans aren’t Going | Climatism
- Lessons from Germany’s Wind Power Disaster | Climatism
- Wind Power Costs send Germans back to the Stone Age | Climatism
- Shock News : Policy To Increase Wind Farms Across East Australian Grid “A Dangerous Strategy” | Climatism
- Wrecking The Environment To Save It | Climatism
See also :
- Wind Power: A token gesture to the folly of green madness
- Shock News : Green Energy Not Fit for the Grid
- 14000 Abandoned Wind Turbines In The USA | Climatism
- Big Green Money And Corruption Vs. The Environment | Climatism
- Scotland’s Hall of Shame
- MUST READ James Delingpole: The great wind farm farce – Telegraph