DIESEL generators hooked up to energy networks in Australian states with a heavy reliance on “green” energy as part of a last-ditch effort to keep the lights on this summer!
SO, climate theory obsessed politicians blow up and decommission baseload “dirty” fossil-fuel power stations, to stop bad weather, and replace them with “dirty” fossil-fuel diesel generators to stop blackouts!
YOU literally can’t make up this unreliable-energy-insanity stuff up anymore.
AND the further cost to taxpayers already skyrocketing power bills!!
Australia’s ludicrous attempt to run on sunshine and breezes sometimes reads like the farcical plot of an episode of Blackadder or Fawlty Towers.
In a ‘you couldn’t make this up if you tried’ moment, Australia’s ‘greenest’ States, Victoria and South Australia (which has been forced to wear its mantle as ‘Australia’s wind power capital’, more like a crown of thorns), have been reduced to running on diesel generators.
Consumers set to cop cost of diesel back-up
14 November 2017
Victorian consumers could foot the bill for a summer energy plan using diesel generators as a stopgap during periods of peak demand.
In an about-face by the Andrews government, diesel generators will pump up to 100 megawatts of power into Victoria’s energy grid as back-up in case of extreme heatwaves this summer.
The plan by the Australian Energy Market Operator…
View original post 1,641 more words
“OUR old friend fossil fuels” keeping UN “Save The Planet” delegates warm and toasty in Bonn!
Another one for the “you can’t make this stuff up” file! Lol.
WHAT do you do when you submit to the deep-green climate faith, blow up all your baseload coal-fired power stations, disconnect from the National grid and become reliant on intermittent, weather-dependent, unreliable green energy – wind and solar?
THOSE blackouts, which occur when the total demand for electricity exceeds supply, occurred three times last summer.
BUT, aren’t petrochemicals, like diesel, the same “dirty” fossil fuels that climate catastrophists scarify us for indulging in, claiming that their use will fry the planet? #LeaveItInTheGround, #BigOilShill, #DivestFossilFuels – a few of the propagandised euphemisms bandied around by eco-activists.
SO, that question again – what’s the point of the billion dollar, taxpayer funded, unreliable energy (wind and solar) experiment?
FOR the Jay Weatherill’s of the planet, one could only assume that it’s a moral blend of “Save the Planet” virtue, mixed with “Save the Planet” virtue. It certainly has nothing to do with sense or reason, or being “green”…
Generators the Weatherill government is buying to prevent blackouts this summer ahead of the March state election will use 80,000 litres of diesel an hour.
The fleet of generators, currently being shipped from Europe to South Australia, have been used for temporary generation around the world. But those behind the South Australian energy security project, costing taxpayers more than $300 million, yesterday could not say if the generators had ever been used as part of a permanent solution.
In a major revision to his $550m go-it-alone energy plan, Premier Jay Weatherill last week announced nine “state-of-the-art” generators providing up to 276 megawatts would be purchased to provide back-up power for the next two summers.
AS part of the government’s $550 million go-it-alone energy plan, the Premier, along with Tesla’s subsidy-sucking vampire Elon Musk, announced in July that Tesla would build a $200 million 100MW giant battery pack to store energy for when the wind don’t blow or when the sun don’t shine…
BUT, this week, in a blow to Jay Weatherill’s “bromance” with Mr Musk, the US tech billionaire’s Tesla has slammed the South Australian government’s planned energy security target and warned it is not representative of the state’s leadership on renewable energy.
ANALYSIS of Tesla’s (toxic) battery pack by Paul Homewood estimates that it “could have enough battery storage to replace wind power for a whole minute, should the wind stop.”
Other analysts suggest that the battery is still only big enough to keep a town of just 13,000 homes going for 24 hours!
IS Elon hedging his grandiose claim of Tesla saving South Australia from complete energy meltdown? Sounds a lot like it. Ouch.
JUST as socialist central planning failed miserably before it was replaced by free market economies, green central planning will have to be discarded before South Australia will be able to see a return to energy security and erase its name from the unenviable title of having the “highest power prices in the world.”
UNTIL big government backs off, taxpayers will continue to pay billions of dollars more for fake fixes to a fake catastrophe.
“My sympathies to all the South Australians who didn’t vote for this.” Jo Nova.
Climatism concurs, Jo!
H/t to Miranda Devine
SA Power Crisis Related :
- IT’S OFFICIAL : South Australia Has The World’s Highest Power Prices! | Climatism
- THE Twisted Irony of Deep-Green Energy Policy (RET) | Climatism
- POLITICIANS Mad With Global Warming Theory Are Destroying The Economy And Hurting The Poor | Climatism
- $14,000 per MWh – the price South Australia Pays for Renewables Madness | Climatism
- ‘Unreliable’ Power Australia – Steven Marshall Should Have Listened And Blown Up A Wind Farm | Climatism
- South Australia Blackout Report : Green Energy Failure | Climatism
- When The Wind Don’t Blow, The Lights Don’t Glow! | Climatism
- Doomed to the Dark Ages: No Solution for South Australia’s Wind Power Blackouts | Climatism
- ‘Unreliable’ Power Australia – Green Hypocrites Exposed By South Australia Storm | Climatism
- How green power has killed South Australia | Herald Sun
- Blackout Blues: Wind Power Obsession Makes South Australia an International Joke | Climatism
- Elon’ll Fix It! | Climatism
See Also :
- THE $Trillion Windmill Industry Is The Greatest Scam Of Our Age | Climatism
- Wind Power Chaos Promises to Deliver Mass Summer Blackouts Across Australia | Climatism
- Hazelwood Power Plant Closing 31st March – Currently Delivering More Power Than Every Wind Plant In Australia | Climatism
- The Renewable Energy Target: useless, expensive, mad | Herald Sun
- JUST 1 IN 6.6 MILLION CHANCE TO STOP WARMING | Herald Sun
- Adding More Solar And Wind Power ‘Doubles’ CO2 Emissions | Climatism