Steady as she goes. Hardly the ‘crisis’ that they belt us all around with 24/7.
Sea ice optional [image credit: BBC]
Not an indicator of supposedly dire global warming this season then? Groans from climate obsessives perhaps. Nothingburgers all round.
– – –
Arctic sea ice appeared to have hit its annual maximum extent on Feb. 25 after growing through the fall and winter, says NASA (via Phys.org).
This year’s wintertime extent is the 10th-lowest in the satellite record maintained by the National Snow and Ice Data Center, one of NASA’s Distributed Active Archive Centers.
View original post 106 more words
Inconvenient data for Arctic sea-ice that was meant to have “disappeared” long ago!
Previous posts reported how Arctic ice was growing faster than average as well as last year. Remarkably, several regions have already exceeded their maximum ice extents last March, and overall, Arctic ice is 98% of 2021 maximum with six weeks of freezing season remaining.
The animation shows ice growing the second half of January, notably reaching 1.32M km2 in Baffin Bay, right center, exceeding 2021 max. Greenland Sea, center top, added 144k km2 to reach 710k km2, also greater than last year’s max. And at bottom left Bering Sea reached 741k km2, 116% of last years max.
This year began with a surplus and ended January still 230k km2 higher. The gap over 2021 is 465k km2, nearly half a Wadham. SII dipped and then rose to match MASIE before a drop yesterday.
|Region||2022031||Day 31 Average||2022-Ave.||2021031||2022-2021|
View original post 153 more words
Cue the climate cult rebuttal, “See! Lockdown’s work!”
Arctic sea ice [image credit: cbc.ca] Where are the ‘rapidly warming winters’ this time round? It seems global warming is behaving badly, in parts of the Arctic at least.
– – –
Shipping firms blame the Russian Met office for a forecast that failed to predict the early ice, says the Telegraph.
More than two dozen cargo vessels are stuck in Russia’s Arctic ice, waiting for ice-breakers to come to their rescue, after an inaccurate forecast from the country’s Met Office.
Maritime traffic in the Northern Sea Route has been on the rise in recent years as rapidly warming winters reduce ice cover, and Russia invests in its Arctic ports in preparation for a further boom.
But this year several segments of the Northern Sea Route froze up about a fortnight earlier than usual, catching many ships unawares.
Alexei Likhachyov – director general of Russia’s state-owned nuclear energy company…
View original post 52 more words
“THE polar bear as an icon for climate change is dead
because the distorted predictions made by
polar bear specialists were wrong.”
“THIS is a lesson for researchers in other areas
who have failed to stop the invasion of
politics into their science.”
Hat tip @EcologySenseUK
FOR years, the Polar Bear has been abused by climate change activists as the poster child of ClimateChange™️. They didn’t use rats or spiders to promote their misanthropic agenda. Instead, they chose the cute, cuddly, fluffy polar bear to illicit a desired emotional response.
YOU would have noticed that the polar bear is a much less common feature in science, while the
fake news mainstream media has stopped using the polar bear as a propaganda tool to drive their climate agenda.
THE Arctic bear has been superseded by child soldiers and penguins …
REAL SCIENCE …
“PUBLIC safety concerns, combined with the effects of
polar bears on other species, suggest that
in many Nunavut communities, the polar bear
may have exceeded the co-existence threshold.”
– Nunavut’s polar bear population is unsafe,
government document says – The Globe and Mail
WITH deadly irony, polar bear numbers have grown dramatically and to “dangerous” levels as carbon dioxide emissions have risen. A CO2 correlation, at last!
INDIGENOUS Inuit’s of Northern Canada are now facing the very real task of having to cull the population as “the polar bear may have exceeded the co-existence threshold.”
“Inuit believe there are now so many bears that public safety has become a major concern,”
“Public safety concerns, combined with the effects of polar bears on other species, suggest that in many Nunavut communities, the polar bear may have exceeded the co-existence threshold.”
POLAR BEAR POPULATION (1981 – 2015)
POLAR BEAR POPULATION – THE LATEST COUNT
via Susan Crockford PhD :
Susan Crockford is zoologist with more than 35 years experience, including published work on the Holocene history of Arctic animals.
UNTIL last year, Dr. Crockford ‘was’ adjunct professor at the University of Victoria, British Columbia, until UVic bowed to outside pressure and rescinded her adjunct professor status.
TELLING the truth on climate change and polar bears is considered heresy in the post-normal society of climate change hysteria that we currently inhabit. Just ask Peter Ridd.
Latest global polar bear abundance ‘best guess’ estimate is 39,000 (26,000-58,000)
It’s long past time for polar bear specialists to stop holding out for a scientifically accurate global estimate that will never be achieved and determine a reasonable and credible ‘best guess’. Since they have so far refused to do this, I have done it for them. My extrapolated estimate of 39,000 (range 26,000-58,000) at 2018 is not only plausible but scientifically defensible.
In 2014, the chairman of the IUCN Polar Bear Specialist Group (PBSG) emailed me to say that their global population size number ‘has never been an estimate of total abundance in a scientific sense, but simply a qualified guess given to satisfy public demand.’
In my new book, The Polar Bear Catastrophe That Never Happened, I contend that this situation will probably never change, so it’s time to stop holding out for a scientifically accurate global estimate and generate a reasonable and credible ‘best guess’. Recent surveys from several critical polar bear subpopulations have given us the information necessary to do this.
UPDATE: I have made this a sticky post for a while: new posts will appear below.
These new numbers make it possible to extrapolate from ‘known’ to ‘unknown’ subpopulations within so-called ‘sea ice ecoregions’ (defined in 2007 by polar bear scientists at the US Geological Survey, see Amstrup et al. 2007), as shown below, to update old estimates and generate new ones for never-studied areas.
Since the PBSG has so far refused to take this step, I took on the challenge. I contend that an estimate of about 39,000 (range 26,000-58,000) at 2018 is not only plausible but scientifically defensible. See the graph below from my new book:
This new estimate for 2018 is a modest 4-6 fold increase over the 10,000 or so bears that existed in the 1960s and after 25 years, a credible increase over the estimate of 25,000 that the PBSG offered in 1993 (Wiig et al. 1995).
However, my new estimate is much larger than the improbable figure of about 26,000 (range 22,000-31,000) offered by PGSG biologists in 2015 (Regehr et al. 2016; Wiig et al. 2015). The scary question is this: what do Arctic residents do if there are actually as many as 58,000?
See my new book (Crockford 2019) for the full rationale and references used to arrive at this figure.
The bottom line: it is scientifically unacceptable for the PBSG to continue to refuse to provide an extrapolated ‘best guess’ global estimate for polar bears, given that the scientifically accurate estimate they crave is essentially unattainable. An estimate of about 39,000 (range 26,000-58,000) at 2018 is not only plausible but scientifically defensible.
Amstrup, S.C., Marcot, B.G. & Douglas, D.C. 2007. Forecasting the rangewide status of polar bears at selected times in the 21st century.US Geological Survey. Reston, VA. Pdf here
Regehr, E.V., Laidre, K.L, Akçakaya, H.R., Amstrup, S.C., Atwood, T.C., Lunn, N.J., Obbard, M., Stern, H., Thiemann, G.W., & Wiig, Ø. 2016. Conservation status of polar bears (Ursus maritimus) in relation to projected sea-ice declines. Biology Letters 12: 20160556. http://rsbl.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/12/12/20160556
Wiig, Ø., Born, E.W., and Garner, G.W. (eds.) 1995. Polar Bears: Proceedings of the 11th working meeting of the IUCN/SSC Polar Bear Specialists Group, 25-27 January, 1993, Copenhagen, Denmark. Gland, Switzerland and Cambridge UK, IUCN. http://pbsg.npolar.no/en/meetings/
Wiig, Ø., Amstrup, S., Atwood, T., Laidre, K., Lunn, N., Obbard, M., et al. 2015. Ursus maritimus. The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species 2015: e.T22823A14871490. Available fromhttp://www.iucnredlist.org/details/22823/0 [accessed Nov. 28, 2015]. See the supplement for population figures.
TUCKER CARLSON interviews Zoologist and Polar Bear specialist Dr. Susan Crockford on the prime time ratings-killer show Tucker Carlson Tonight, in a must watch segment that demonstrates how “overpopulation”, not extinction, is now the problem :
THIS is what your children are being taught and ordered to say about Polar Bears and
global warming climate change. Blatant lies and falsehoods …
DIRE predictions of an “ice-free” Arctic remain a popular and effective fear-mongering tool in the bag of ClimateChange™️.
SOME of the Arctic sea-ice predictions made by alarmists ‘scientists’ and the mainstream media over the years. ALL of which have failed to materialise :
- “Arctic summers ice-free by 2013” (BBC 2007)
- “Could all Arctic ice be gone by 2012?” (AP 2007)
- “Arctic Sea Ice Gone in Summer Within Five Years?”(National Geographic 2007)
- “Imagine yourself in a world five years from now, where there is no more ice over the Arctic” – Tim Flannery (2008)
- “North Pole could be ice-free in 2008” – Mark Serreze (New Scientist 2008)
- “Gore: Polar ice cap may disappear by summer 2014” (USA Today 2009)
- “Arctic expert predicts final collapse of sea ice within 4 years” (Guardian 2012)
- “Say Goodbye to Arctic Summer Ice” (Live Science 2013)
- “Ice-free Arctic in two years heralds methane catastrophe – scientist” (The Guardian 2013)
- “Why Arctic sea ice will vanish in 2013” (Sierra Club 2013)
- “Next year or the year after, the Arctic will be free of ice’” – Peter Wadhams (The Guardian 2016)
ARCTIC SEA-ICE EXTENT
CLAIMS that Arctic sea ice is disappearing are patently false.
THERE has been no trend in Arctic sea ice extent since the start of MASIE records in 2006.
via Real Climate Science :
ARCTIC SEA-ICE EXTENT TO DATE
ARCTIC sea-ice extent is within the 1981-2010 median :
ARCTIC SEA-ICE VOLUME
ARCTIC sea ice volume has been trending upwards for the past twelve years.
ARCTIC TEMPS and MELT CYCLES
ARCTIC temperatures and melt cycles correlate almost perfectly with ocean circulation cycles (AMO) driven by the sun, and show zero correlation with atmospheric CO2 levels :
AN old Slovak proverb states, “The truth rises to the surface like oil on water.” So too, over time, has the truth been revealed as to the actual state of polar bears and the supposed “shrinking” Arctic.
THE mainstream media and climate scientists are aware of the underlying data on polar bears and the Arctic. They simply choose not to share the truth with you or any positive ‘Climate Change’ news, for that matter.
GOOD news climate stories would only spoil their “Climate Emergency” agenda that they have worked so hard to manufacture and maintain. Not to mention, would put in jeopardy a load of reputations, egos and money now at stake. The scam, it seems, is almost too big to fail.
AS for the polar bear, it is ours now! We own it as the symbol of a stable Arctic and a ClimateChange™️ agenda on life-support, becoming more hysterical by the day, under constant siege by ‘inconvenient’ scientific data and a litany of failed predictions.
SEE also :
- DEATH OF A CLIMATE ICON : A Lesson For Researchers In Other Areas Who Have Failed To Stop The Invasion Of Politics Into Their Science | Climatism
- CLIMATE DUD-PREDICTIONS : ‘Ice-Free’ Arctic Prophesies By The ‘97% Consensus’ And Compliant Mainstream Media | Climatism
ORIGINS Of The ClimateChange™️ Scam :
- DRACONIAN UN CLIMATE AGENDA EXPOSED : ‘Global Warming Fears Are A Tool For Political and Economic Change…It Has Nothing To Do With The Actual Climate’ | Climatism
- HYSTERIA MEDS : Eleven Scientific Pills To Quell The ‘Climate Crisis’ Lie | Climatism
- CLIMATE’S FATAL FLAW : ‘Greenhouse Gases Simply Do Not Absorb Enough Heat To Cause Global Warming’ | Climatism
- UN Carbon Regime Would Devastate Humanity And The Environment | Climatism
- BASIC Science For Climate Scientists | Climatism
- GENESIS Of The Great Global Warming Hoax In One Minute And Ten Seconds | Climatism
- DR TIM BALL MUST READ : Environmentalism – Evidence Suggests It Was Always And Only About Achieving World Government | Climatism
- THE Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming Scam | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE : The Unsettled Science Of “Settled” Science | Climatism
- FATHER Of The 2°C Climate Target Admits Number Is Fabricated : ‘Two degrees is not a magical limit; it’s clearly a political goal’ | Climatism
- TIM FLANNERY – Professor of Dud Predictions and Climate Falsehoods | Climatism
- THE Mind-blowing Costs Of Global Warming Hysteria | Climatism
- THE Orwellian Era Of @NASA Climate Pseudoscience | Climatism
- WESTERN Nations, Driven By A Global Agenda Of Climate Alarmism, Are Destroying Their Industries With Carbon Taxes And Promotion Of Expensive, Intermittent Green Energy | Climatism
- TOMORROW’S Grim, Global, Green Dictatorship | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE – The Most Massive Scientific Fraud In Human History | Climatism
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | Climatism
- The Creator, Fabricator And Proponent Of Global Warming – Maurice Strong | Climatism
- Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History | Climatism
- Sustainability is Malthusianism for the 21st Century | Climatism
- THE Climate Change Farce Explained By Two Expert “Scientists” | Climatism
- UN IPCC : Climate “Has Almost Nothing To Do With Environmental Policy.” | Climatism
- UN IPCC : “Long-Term Prediction of Future Climate States Is Not Possible.” | Climatism
- UN IPCC Rewrote Temperature History To Suit Their Political Agenda | Climatism
- 100% Of Climate Models Prove That 97% Of Climate Scientists Were Wrong! | Climatism
- YES! The Climate Changes | Climatism
- OUR Planet Has Enjoyed 10 Warm Periods During The Past 10,000 Years | Climatism
- THE ARCTIC : Ground Zero For Anthropogenic Hubris And Climate Change Hysteria | Climatism
(Climate sceptics/rationalists still waitin’ for that “big oil” cheque to arrive in the mail!)
Help us to hit back against the bombardment of climate lies costing our communities, economies and livelihoods far, far too much.
Thanks to all those who have donated. Your support and faith in Climatism is highly motivating and greatly appreciated!
Citizen journalists can’t rely on mastheads, rather private donations and honest content. Every pledge helps, heaps!
Click link for more info…
Many thanks, Jamie.
• “Arctic summers ice-free by 2013” (BBC 2007)
• “Could all Arctic ice be gone by 2012?” (AP 2007)
• “Arctic Sea Ice Gone in Summer Within Five Years?” (National Geographic 2007)
• “Imagine yourself in a world five years from now, where there is no more ice over the Arctic” – Tim Flannery (2008)
• “North Pole could be ice-free in 2008” – Mark Serreze (New Scientist 2008)
• “Gore: Polar ice cap may disappear by summer 2014” (USA Today 2009)
• “Arctic expert predicts final collapse of sea ice within 4 years” (Guardian 2012)
• “Say Goodbye to Arctic Summer Ice” (Live Science 2013)
• “Ice-free Arctic in two years heralds methane catastrophe – scientist” (The Guardian 2013)
• “Why Arctic sea ice will vanish in 2013” (Sierra Club 2013)
• “Next year or the year after, the Arctic will be free of ice’” – Peter Wadhams (The Guardian 2016)
DIRE predictions of an “ice-free” Arctic have remained popular on the climate change, fear-mongering circuit for many years now.
BUT, how ‘bad’ really are Arctic sea-ice conditions, in mid-summer, circa 2019?
ACCORDING to this latest piece of anecdotal (real-world) evidence, Arctic “Death Spiral” enthusiasts would be understandably disappointed!
“…what we saw was indeed really impressive sea ice. In fact, the sea ice we encountered was thick enough that reaching our destination—the geographic North Pole—took roughly 1.5 days longer than we’d expected.”
READ it all…
In late June, one of the most powerful icebreakers in the world encountered such extraordinarily thick ice on-route to the North Pole (with a polar bear specialist and deep-pocketed, Attenborough-class tourists onboard) that it took a day and a half longer than expected to get there. A few weeks later, in mid-July, a Norwegian icebreaker also bound for the North Pole (with scientific researchers on board) was forced to turn back north of Svalbard when it unexpectedly encountered impenetrable pack ice.
A polar bear on hummocked sea ice in Franz Josef Land. Photo by Michael Hambrey, date not specified but estimated based on tour dates to be 22 or 23 June 2019.
View original post 1,462 more words
“Polar Bears thriving”!
RATHER inconvenient message for climate change hysterians to handle. Trigger time.
DON’T expect to see this ‘good news’ report anywhere on the mainstream media. They are only interested in adverse environmental stories, death and catastrophe, in order to push their CO2-centric, man-made global warming agenda.
Press Release 27 February 2019, International Polar Bear Day
New Report: Polar Bears Continue To Thrive
Inuit paying the price of rising bear populations
The State of the Polar Bear Report for 2018, published today by the Global Warming Policy Foundation, confirms that polar bears are continuing to thrive, despite recent reductions in sea ice levels. This finding contradicts claims by environmentalists and some scientists that falls in sea ice would wipe out bear populations.
The report’s author, zoologist Dr Susan Crockford, says that there is now very little evidence to support the idea that the polar bear is threatened with extinction by climate change.
“We now know that polar bears are very resourceful creatures. They have made it through warm periods in the past and they seem to be taking the current warming in their stride too”.
In fact, it is the human residents of the…
View original post 341 more words
CLIMATE DUD-PREDICTIONS : ‘Ice-Free’ Arctic Prophesies By The ‘97% Consensus’ And Compliant Mainstream MediaPosted: January 25, 2019
“WE need to get some broad based support,
to capture the public’s imagination…
So we have to offer up scary scenarios,
make simplified, dramatic statements
and make little mention of any doubts…
Each of us has to decide what the right balance
is between being effective and being honest.“
– Prof. Stephen Schneider,
Stanford Professor of Climatology,
lead author of many IPCC reports
TRUST in the mainstream media is at an all time low.
A 2018 Monmouth University poll found that 77% of the public believe major ‘news’ outlets report “fake news”. A sharp rise from 63% who felt that way the previous year. A 2018 Axios poll found that 92% of Conservatives believe the media intentionally reports fake news. Concerns vindicated this week by two glaring examples of blatant fake news in the Covington Catholic high school and BuzzFeed media fiascos.
NONE of this is surprising, considering that 92%+ of the mainstream media is monopolised by Left-leaning journalists and editorial boards.
FAKE NEWS is par for the course in the Climate Crisis Industry where gross exaggeration, vague causation, alarmist predictions and even outright falsehoods are common place and excused away as acts of nobility in the righteous quest to “Save the Planet”.
GLOBAL WARMING climate change is a licence to lie.
ONE of the perks of climate change scepticism (or realism) is the ability to exploit an almost unlimited supply of wild climate predictions made in the recent past by esteemed ‘experts’ and scientific bodies.
DIRE predictions of an “ice-free” Arctic have remained popular on the climate fear-mongering circuit, owing to the psychological currency of things melting and not least the emotional relevance applicable to the fate of the Arctic’s most famous resident – the polar bear…
ARCTIC SEA-ICE FALSE PROPHESIES
A sample of Arctic sea-ice predictions made by members of the ‘97% consensus’ :
STATE OF ARCTIC SEA-ICE : 2018 SUMMER MINIMUM
ARCTIC SEA-ICE EXTENT (September 2018)
MINIMUM sea-ice extent has been trending up over the past decade. The EXACT opposite of what the press and ‘97% experts’ have been telling you :
ARCTIC SEA-ICE VOLUME (September 2018)
2.0 – 3.0 meter-thick sea-ice covered most of the Arctic basin during the 2018 summer minimum :
ARCTIC minimum sea-ice volume has been increasing since 2007 :
CURRENT STATE OF ARCTIC SEA-ICE TO DATE
ARCTIC sea-ice extent is very close to the 1981-2010 median :
THE ARCTIC MELT ‘PAUSE’
CLAIMS that Arctic sea ice is disappearing are patently false. There has been no trend in Arctic sea ice extent since the start of MASIE records in 2006.
(Charts c/o Tony Heller – Real Climate Science)
THERE has also been no trend in Arctic sea ice volume since 2006 :
FAKE NEWS ~ Enemy Of The People
THE daily bombardment of fake climate news by the Climate Crisis Media helps foment a conventional wisdom and an accepted world view that there really is a “climate crisis”. This leads to gullible and virtue-signalling politicians, pressured by eco-activist minorities, to enact draconian and costly UN-based climate policies that are doing far more damage to people’s livelihoods and their economies, right now, than any purported 1-2°C “fabricated” temperature rise could ever do by 2100.
“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” – Nobel Prize Winner for
Physics, Ivar Giaever.
Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to
know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” – UN IPCC
Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical
“The whole climate change issue is about to fall apart — Heads will roll!” – South African UN Scientist Dr. Will Alexander, April 12, 2009
“BABY it’s cold outside”!
ANOTHER week, another dose of political correctness gone mad as CBC radio pulled the Christmas classic from their line-up claiming that the 1940s holiday song promotes rape culture.
THAT’s not the only thing that the PC brigade and their climate comrades would probably like to pull from the records …
IT’s not even winter yet in the Northern Hemisphere, and we’ve already witnessed a multitude of record cold events set :
- NC SNOW STORM : Governor Declares State of Emergency | Climatism
- Brazil Breaks 47-year-old Cold Temperature Record – Electroverse
- Extreme cold in northern China – Ice Age Now
- Chinese city of Mohe Issues its First Ever “Red Warning” for Cold – Electroverse
- Record snowfall brings more than 1,000 crashes – Ice Age Now
- Last Month saw North America’s Most Extensive November Snow Cover in at least 52 Years – Electroverse
- Multiple November Cold-Records Smashed in Iowa – Electroverse
- Widespread Arctic Blast to Hit North America: Coast-to-Coast Cold, Below Freezing in ALL 50 States – Electroverse
- Icelandic Glaciers are Expanding For the First Time in Decades – Grand Solar Minimum – Electroverse
- Siberia FAR colder than normal – Ice Age Now
- IT’s So Cold In Texas That Sea Turtles Are Freezing In The Ocean | Climatism
- ‘GREEN’ Energy Poverty : Thousands Dying Because They Can’t Afford Heating Bills | Climatism
- INCONVENIENT : Arctic Sea Ice Extent Enters The Mean Zone! | Climatism
ARCTIC sea-ice, refusing to suffer ‘missing out syndrome’, setting its own ‘inconvenient’ record …
via Tony Heller’s Real Climate Science :
Largest Increase In November Sea Ice Volume On Record
The increase in Arctic sea ice volume during November was the largest on record.
November snow cover was the largest on record in North America.
And it was the fourth coldest November on record in the US.
Meanwhile, our leading experts are warning that we are burning up and Arctic ice is disappearing.
No Trend In Arctic Sea Ice Extent Or Volume
1980 was an anomalously high (sea ice extent) year
– Walt Meier NSIDC
Claims that Arctic sea ice is disappearing are patently false. There has been no trend in Arctic sea ice extent since the start of MASIE records in 2006.
There also has been no trend in Arctic sea ice volume since 2006.
According to the world’s leading climate scientist, the Arctic is already ice-free.
NOT the kind of weather / climate that we should expect, or were led to believe, in the CO2-centric, Orwellian era of “The Hottest Year Evahh”!
MOTHER NATURE has dealt another blow to the credibility of the Climate Crisis Industry, with its favourite ‘canary in the coal mine’ and harbinger of doom – Arctic sea-ice – going AWOL on
Global Warming Climate Change alarmists…
THE latest data from the Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI) shows sea-ice extent hitting the 1981-2000 ‘normal’ range:
IS that the collision of excess Arctic sea-ice or the gnashing of activists teeth making that awkward and un’deniable’ sound?! Ouch.
SEA ICE THICKNESS
ALL that ‘inconvenient’ ice is thick, multi-year and going nowhere fast…
ARCTIC SEA-ICE “PAUSE”
THERE has been no trend in Arctic sea ice extent over the last 12 years:
FLAT trend in Arctic sea-ice extent visible over the last 12 years of the satellite record:
MAINSTREAM MEDIA ARCTIC ALARMISM
COMPARE the latest real-world data to what the “97% of experts” and sycophant mainstream media have been spinning to you for years, driven by CO2-centric UN climate models, politics, ideology and government grants :
WILL the mainstream media report on the uptick in Arctic sea-ice that has brought extent to ‘normal’ levels, confounding past reporting? Not a chance. They are too heavily invested in Global Warming hysteria to bother informing you of truths.
WHAT else do the mainstream media and government funded scientific bodies not tell you in regards to ‘inconvenient’ climate information that contradicts their political, ideological and grant-driven agendas?
UPDATE 25 Nov, 2018
Arctic Ice Keeps Coming
Despite the feverish reporting that last summer was hell, and that hot is now the “new normal,” the Arctic ice man is hard at work. In reality, Arctic ice is spreading everywhere. The image below shows how quickly Hudson Bay froze over in recent days.
Baffin Bay in the center next to Greenland is extending south and added 250k km2. Hudson Bay on the left added 700k km2, now at 73% of maximum, with both east and west coastlines freezing all the way down into James Bay.
On the Eurasian side, on the left margin Chukchi is closing in. On the right side Kara has added 300k km2 of ice extent, now at 85% of maximum
The graph below shows 2018 is now exceeding the 11-year average after being down in October.
MASIE is showing 10.8M km2 ice extent, 400k km2 greater than the average for day 327, Nov. 23. SII is slightly lower, while 2007 is almost 500k km2 lower. In fact, in the past decade, only two years, 2013 and 2015, had more ice than 2018 at this date.
ARCTIC Sea-Ice Expansion related :
- ARCTIC Supply Service Cancelled : Canadian Coast Guard’s Largest Icebreaker Thwarted By “Extreme Ice” | Climatism
- ICEBREAKER Encounters Most Difficult Arctic Ice Conditions In 15 Years | Climatism
- ICE, ICE BABY! Huge Expansion Of Thick Arctic Ice Over The Last Ten Years | Climatism
- ARCTIC Ice Flash Freezing | Climatism
- STUBBORN : Arctic Sea Ice Just Won’t Play The Game | Climatism
- GLOBAL WARMING SMACKDOWN! Tankers Trapped In Midsummer Arctic Sea Ice | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE Predictions Are “Toast”! Arctic Sea Ice Volume Highest In 14 Years | Climatism
“Sept. 19 the CAA ice extent (Canadian Arctic Archipelago) was 320k km2, close to its annual minimum. Yesterday MASIE showed 450k km2, a 40% increase.”
AL Gore’s blow torch, run out of gas again or maybe he’s taken it to Greenland, on the way to Antarctica which are, like the Arctic basin, both defying alarmists’ dire “ice-free” prognostications!
Four Days in Nunavut
Previous posts described how the Northwest Passage was treacherously laden with ice this year. The image above shows the flash freezing in this region over the last four days. Sept. 19 the CAA ice extent (Canadian Arctic Archipelago) was 320k km2, close to its annual minimum. Yesterday MASIE showed 450k km2, a 40% increase.
The graph shows MASIE reporting ice extents totalling 4.74M km2 yesterday, 124k km2 above the 11 year average (2007 to 2017 inclusive). NOAA’s Sea Ice Index is 119 k km2 lower, 2007 was 462k km2 lower, and 2012 1.2M km2 less ice extent. A dip on day 252 to 4.43M km2 will certainly be the daily minimum for the year. With typical refreezing to month end, we can expect the September monthly average will exceed 2007 by at least 300k to 400k km2.