HEART of A Nation: Cockatoo Reef, QueenslandPosted: February 3, 2019
“CLIMATE alarmism is a gigantic fraud: it only survives by suppressing dissent and by spending tens of billions of dollars of public money every year on pseudo-scientific propaganda.” – Leo Goldstein
“TO tell preposterous untruths in this ‘good’ cause
is not just forgivable but a sign of superior morality.
The bigger the whopper the more you must really care.”
– Andrew Bolt
AUSTRALIA’s Great Barrier Reef, all-too-often garners the attention of the mainstream media for all the wrong reasons. It has long been a favoured icon of the $2,000,000,000,000 US per year (2 Trillion) Climate Crisis Industry used to push their draconian, CO2 Climate Change agenda. How dare we actually get to enjoy the Reef’s overwhelming pristine beauty!
THREE surveys conducted in Britain, China, and the United States, have shown citizens in those countries – when the situation is raised with them – say that are concerned that the world-renowned reef is under severe threat. And many would reconsider visiting as a result…
An estimated 175,000 fewer tourists could visit Australia if the bleaching persists and worse if the [claimed] damage becomes permanent.
The polls, which surveyed the attitudes and awareness of 1000 people in each market, found potential visitors were concerned over the state of the reef, which in turn could feed into them deciding to visit other Australian attractions or to go to places other than Australia entirely.
The finding suggests the tourism businesses and related local economies adjacent to the Great Barrier Reef, could suffer the loss of 10,000 jobs and that the Australian economy could lose as much as $1 billion per year in overseas income.
The reef supports an estimated 70,000 jobs in the tourism and related sectors and accounts for a significant proportion of Australia’s tourist income.
COCKATOO REEF is a piece of the reef that the climate change zealots haven’t yet spoiled with a government grant or a pal-reviewed acid-attack. And is yet to be sullied by the panicked-pen of Sydney Morning Herald’s climate catastrophist-in-chief Peter Hannam.
SO, enjoy the Cockatoo blue hole in all its glory, before it’s put on the threatened species list by the CO2-centrics and mainstream media hacktivists.
Blue hole thinking
Getting to this remote sinkhole in the Great Barrier Reef was a mission. And what marine biologist Johnny Gaskell found in it blew him away…
By ROSS BILTON
From The Weekend Australian Magazine February 1, 2019
Johnny Gaskell’s fascination with the blue holes of the Great Barrier Reef began when he was hunched over his computer one night in 2017. The marine biologist, tasked with finding coral colonies that might have escaped the ravages of Cyclone Debbie, was poring over satellite images on Google Maps when he noticed a weird anomaly — a circular indigo spot — in Cockatoo Reef, part of the remote Pompey Complex 200km off Mackay. All he could find about it online was a 1979 scientific paper that confirmed it was a marine sinkhole (you’ll have seen pictures of terrestrial versions, swallowing up entire houses) and one of a handful in the Great Barrier Reef. It gave Gaskell an idea: might these deep holes, protected from storms, harbour undamaged coral?
His first exploratory trip, to a blue hole near his base on Daydream Island in the Whitsundays, confirmed this hunch. And not only was the coral pristine, it was unlike anything he’d seen before: over decades in the 30m-deep, perfectly still water it had developed “very delicate, elongated, spindly branches” that looked like abstract sculptures. He found himself wondering, Why aren’t these blue holes better known?
Last November, the answer became clear when he finally made it out to the Pompey Complex to dive the Cockatoo Reef blue hole and two others. A 12-hour boat trip offshore, it’s a treacherous area: huge tides race through the reef channels, and even modern charts mark sections as “Unsurveyed”. Gaskell, 37, had to wait for slack water during a neap tide to thread his tender through Cockatoo Reef to its 220m-wide blue hole, a little oasis of perfect calm. He snapped this shot with a drone.
Such adventures are a far cry from his childhood in central Victoria, studying critters that he’d scoop out of creeks with a jam jar. Next winter he’s planning to visit another, unnamed blue hole hinted at in that 1979 paper — the most remote and mysterious one yet. “Legend has it it’s 70m deep,” he says. What does he expect to find? “Who knows? Big sharks,” he laughs.
SEE also :
- ALARMISTS U-TURN : Scientists Confirm Great Barrier Reef Is Recovering From Bleaching, Again | Climatism
- GREAT BARRIER REEF SCIENTIST : Coral Can Take The Heat, Unlike ‘Experts’ Crying Wolf | Climatism
GRB related :
- GREAT BARRIER REEF Hysteria : Exaggerated Claims And Blatant Falsehoods, Designed To Spread Fear And Belief In A Man-Made Climate Apocalypse | Climatism
- THE Great Barrier Reef is thriving, not dying! (local experts / dive-boat operators) | Climatism
- Great Barrier Reef Expert : Don’t Trust Climate Alarmists | Climatism
- Great Barrier Reef in near pristine condition: dive boat operators | Climatism
- “Dying” Reef Actually Growing | Climatism
- UNESCO ‘Green’ Lights The Reef – Activists Exposed As Liars And Frauds | Climatism
- Not Dead Yet: Great Barrier Reef Coral Cover Up 19 Per Cent In Three Years | Climatism
A GBR Must Read :
- Falling Sea Level: The Critical Factor in 2016 Great Barrier Reef Bleaching! | Climatism (MUST READ)
STATE Of The Climate Report :
- CLIMATISM : 2019 State Of The Climate Report | Climatism
- CLIMATISM : State Of The Climate Report | Climatism (August 2018)
IPCC Report 2018 SR15 (Extreme Weather) :
TEMPERATURE Related :
- THE Great Global Warming “Pause” | Climatism
- GLOBAL Temperature Drops By 0.4°C In Three Years | Climatism
- PEER-REVIEWED SCIENCE : The Medieval Warm Period Was Indeed Global And Warmer Than Today | Climatism
- THE SUN : Climate Control Knob, Enemy Of The Climate Cult | Climatism
- THE SUN : Climate Changer, Climate Driver, Climate Disruptor | Climatism
ORIGINS Of The Global Warming Scam :
- DRACONIAN UN CLIMATE AGENDA EXPOSED : ‘Global Warming Fears Are A Tool For Political and Economic Change…It Has Nothing To Do With The Actual Climate’ | Climatism
- THE Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming Scam | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE : The Unsettled Science Of “Settled” Science | Climatism
- FATHER Of The 2°C Climate Target Admits Number Is Fabricated : ‘Two degrees is not a magical limit; it’s clearly a political goal’ | Climatism
- TIM FLANNERY – Professor of Dud Predictions and Climate Falsehoods | Climatism
- THE Orwellian Era Of @NASA Climate Pseudoscience | Climatism
- WESTERN Nations, Driven By A Global Agenda Of Climate Alarmism, Are Destroying Their Industries With Carbon Taxes And Promotion Of Expensive, Intermittent Green Energy | Climatism
- TOMORROW’S Grim, Global, Green Dictatorship | Climatism
- THE Mind-blowing Costs Of Global Warming Hysteria | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE – The Most Massive Scientific Fraud In Human History | Climatism
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | Climatism
- The Creator, Fabricator And Proponent Of Global Warming – Maurice Strong | Climatism
- Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History | Climatism
- Sustainability is Malthusianism for the 21st Century | Climatism
- THE Climate Change Farce Explained By Two Expert “Scientists” | Climatism
- UN IPCC : Climate “Has Almost Nothing To Do With Environmental Policy.” | Climatism
- UN IPCC : “Long-Term Prediction of Future Climate States Is Not Possible.” | Climatism
- UN IPCC Rewrote Temperature History To Suit Their Political Agenda | Climatism
- YES! The Climate Changes | Climatism
- OUR Planet Has Enjoyed 10 Warm Periods During The Past 10,000 Years | Climatism
- THE ARCTIC : Ground Zero For Anthropogenic Hubris And Climate Change Hysteria | Climatism
(Climate sceptics/rationalists still waitin’ for that “big oil” cheque to arrive in the mail!)
Help us to hit back against the bombardment of climate lies costing our communities, economies and livelihoods far, far too much.
Thanks to all those who have donated. Your support and faith in Climatism is highly motivating and greatly appreciated!
Citizen journalists can’t rely on mastheads, rather private donations and honest content. Every pledge helps!
Click link for more info…
Thank You! Jamie.