ICEBREAKER Encounters Most Difficult Arctic Ice Conditions In 15 YearsPosted: September 14, 2018 Filed under: Alarmist media, Alarmist Predictions, Arctic, Climate Alarmism, Climate science, Climatism, Dud predictions, Empirical Evidence, Fact Check, Failed Climate Models, Fake News, Government Grants/Funding, Green Agenda, State Of The Climate | Tags: arctic, Arctic Basin, Arctic Sea Ice, Climate Change, Climatism, death spiral, DMI, Dud Predictions, Empirical Evidence, Fake News, Global Warming, Icebreaker, Mainstream media, Mark Serreze, North Pole, NSIDC, Oden, Science and Environment, Sea Ice, Svalbard, sweden 3 Comments
Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to
know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” – UN IPCC
Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical
“These facts get little coverage because they don’t sound alarming at all, and for most reporters that means they’re not news. These ‘inconvenient truths’ are nonetheless a helpful reminder that climate change coverage should be taken with a healthy dose of scepticism.” – Harry Wilkinson
“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” – Nobel Prize Winner for
Physics, Ivar Giaever.
Via High North News :
Icebreaker encounters most difficult ice conditions in 15 years
A Swedish icebreaker on the way to the North Pole has encountered heavy ice conditions and had to stop just before the North Pole.
The Swedish icebreaker Oden embarked to the North Pole from Svalbard last week but encountered difficult ice conditions not seen in one and a half decades.
The captain of the Oden icebreaker described the ice conditions as the most difficult in the past fifteen years.
The pack ice the ship encountered north of 80° was very dense, piled together through a months-long northward ice drift in the Central Arctic Ocean, meereisportal.de reports.
Overall, however, the Arctic’s summer sea ice extent is again very small; the Oden hit the ice edge only at 82°N.
Destination in jeopardy
The dense ice pack left hardly any patches of open water for the ship to navigate between the massive ice floes. The crew and researchers were thus faced with the situation that the North Pole could possibly not be reached.
However, about 200 km before the Pole the situation improved with the Oden encountering younger, thinner ice and tracks of open ice left by a Russian icebreaker plowing the area a few days before.
Massive ice floe blocks North Pole
About four miles away from the North Pole, the Oden eventually had to stop its journey since a massive ice flow on the top of the Pole prevented the onward journey, meereisportal.de reports.
Icebreaker encounters most difficult ice conditions in 15 years – High North News
MORE real-world evidence that the Arctic is not in a “Death Spiral” or “Screaming” and certainly not “Ice-Free”, as the mainstream media and activist climate ‘scientists’ like NSIDC director Mark Serreze have promised you for years.
MARK SERREZE – “The Arctic is screaming”:
“ICE-FREE” Arctic in 2008:
ARCTIC “Death Spiral”:
BACK IN THE REAL WORLD
DATA from the Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI) record indicates how the Swedish icebreaker – Oden – found itself struggling in the stubborn, thick summer sea-ice that is apparently “screaming” and “Ice-Free” by now.
2.0 – 3.0 metre-thick sea ice covers a vast extent of the Arctic basin:
NO trend in Arctic sea-ice volume/thickness over the past decade. Though, there’s been a big build up in 2018 of 2.0-3.0 meter thick, multi-year sea ice that has stymied Oden’s travels:
TOTAL ice loss since the winter peak, has been the lowest in the Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI) record:
ARCTIC temps were below the average nearly everyday during the summer melt season:
THERE has been no trend in Arctic sea ice extent over the last 12 years:
WITH the Arctic in good shape, and certainly no sign of imminent meltdown at either pole, it’s hard to see the “climate crisis” that the mainstream media, activist ‘scientists’ and politicians insist is upon us.
EVEN harder to see how policy makers can justify deindustrialisation of the Western world through draconian, UN climate Paris-policies based on overheated UN climate models, fear, propaganda, and not observed reality.
DO politicians even look at empirical data or “the science” anymore? Or does the wicked truth expose their scam, hindering globalist intentions?
DON’T expect an apology or correction from any of these interest groups, now heavily invested in climate alarm, anytime soon.
TOO many jobs, reputations and egos are now at stake. And, access to unlimited “Save The Planet” taxpayer trillions, immune to oversight.
SEE also :
- STUBBORN : Arctic Sea Ice Just Won’t Play The Game | Climatism
- CLIMATISM : State Of The Climate Report | Climatism
ARCTIC related :
- DEATH SPIRAL DENIED : No Change In Arctic Sea-Ice Extent Or Volume Over The Past 12 Years | Climatism
- ICE, ICE BABY! Huge Expansion Of Thick Arctic Ice Over The Last Ten Years | Climatism
- GLOBAL WARMING SMACKDOWN! Tankers Trapped In Midsummer Arctic Sea Ice | Climatism
- MEMO TO THE MEDIA : Glacier Calving Is A Natural Process | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE Predictions Are “Toast”! Arctic Sea Ice Volume Highest In 14 Years | Climatism
- ARCTIC “Death Spiral” : Fifteen Years In Fifteen Seconds | Climatism
GREENLAND related :
ANTARCTIC related :
NORTHWEST PASSAGE related :
CLIMATE related :
- CLIMATISM : State Of The Climate Report | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE : It’s Easier To Fool People Than To Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled | Climatism
- HOT TIP : Man Made Climate Change Is A Scam | Climatism
- THE Mind-blowing Costs Of Global Warming Hysteria | Climatism
- TIM FLANNERY – Professor of Dud Predictions and Climate Falsehoods | Climatism
- DOES The CSIRO Still Stand By Its 2003 Snow Prediction? | Climatism
- ANOTHER Dud Climate Change Prediction: Record Grain Harvest For Australian Farmers | Climatism
- 100% Of Climate Models Prove that 97% of Climate Scientists Were Wrong! | Climatism
- GIRAFFES Just Aren’t Going To Know What Snow Is | Climatism
TEMPERATURE Related :
- THE Great Global Warming “Pause” | Climatism
- GLOBAL Temps Continue Plunge Despite “Global Heatwave” Howls From Media Hysterics | Climatism
- GLOBAL WARMING THEORY CHECK : Global Temps Continue Century-Record Plunge, Despite Rising Emissions! | Climatism
- NO Australian Under The Age Of 40 Has Experienced Any Global Warming | Climatism
- THE SUN : Climate Control Knob, Enemy Of The Climate Cult | Climatism
- THE SUN : Climate Changer, Climate Driver, Climate Disruptor | Climatism
ORIGINS Of The Global Warming Scam :
- THE Orwellian Era Of @NASA Climate Pseudoscience | Climatism
- WESTERN Nations, Driven By A Global Agenda Of Climate Alarmism, Are Destroying Their Industries With Carbon Taxes And Promotion Of Expensive, Intermittent Green Energy | Climatism
- TOMORROW’S Grim, Global, Green Dictatorship | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE – The Most Massive Scientific Fraud In Human History | Climatism
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | Climatism
- The Creator, Fabricator And Proponent Of Global Warming – Maurice Strong | Climatism
- Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History | Climatism
- THE Climate Change Farce Explained By Two Expert “Scientists” | Climatism
- UN IPCC : Climate “Has Almost Nothing To Do With Environmental Policy.” | Climatism
- UN IPCC : “Long-Term Prediction of Future Climate States Is Not Possible.” | Climatism
- YES! The Climate Changes | Climatism
PLEASE Tip The Climatism Jar To HELP Keep The Good Fight Alive!
(Climate sceptics/rationalists still waitin’ for that “big oil” cheque to arrive in the mail!)
Help us to hit back against the bombardment of climate lies costing our communities, economies and livelihoods far, far too much.
Thanks to all those who have donated and continue on a monthly cycle! Your support and faith in Climatism is highly motivating and greatly appreciated!
Citizen journalists can’t rely on mastheads, rather private donations. Every pledge helps!
Click link for more info…TQ! Jamie.
Reblogged this on 4TimesAYear's Blog.
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] Read more at climatism.blog […]
[…] ICEBREAKER Encounters Most Difficult Arctic Ice Conditions In 15 Years | Climatism […]