Simon Holmes à Court – Wind WeaselPosted: September 23, 2017
“Few things are so deadly as a misguided sense of compassion.” – Charles Colson
What “Community” Wind Farms are really like
Australia has its own “community” wind farm at Leonard’s Hill in Victoria.
Known as “Hepburn Wind”, it was set up by a bunch of smart Alecs who pulled up in Mercs and Beemers one day and decided to impose their brand of “groovy” corporate tyranny on a tight-knit little community who had no idea what was coming.
The people behind it couldn’t care less about the impact on ordinary people – they’re “saving the planet” – and the suffering of those trying to live next to their little monuments is a sacrifice that the backers are more than willing to make – of course they are – they all live in plush digs in the quiet, leafy suburbs of Melbourne, 120km away.
If you think the stories of Hepburn Wind’s victims are any less tragic than the stories at Fairhaven, think again. Here are just two of the many tragic victims at Leonard’s Hill.
These long suffering souls have Simon Holmes a Court to thank for their endless, daily misery.
Simon has been running around like the proverbial headless chook over the last couple of months. Apparently, Simon is very worried about what a Coalition government will do for his plans for another “Community” wind farm.
He’s had a go at trying to ingratiate himself with SA’s favourite Greek, Nick Xenophon and – when his smarmy overtures failed – he resorted to veiled threats about what opposing wind power would mean to Nick’s political future. Nick politely showed him the door.
We guess the “threat” took the form of lining up with Vestas and Co to pour $millions into the Green’s efforts to unseat Nick to help save ex-Martian, Sarah Hanson-Young. Nice try – it wasn’t money well spent – Sarah’s got a date with the political dustbin on Saturday.
Not content with that little effort, Slimin’ Simon has tried to worm his way into the long suffering Macarthur community. He was all “sweetness and light” in his correspondence with Annie Gardner – Simon wanted to “visit” so he could “experience” what it was like to live next a “real” wind farm.
The ploy lasted just as long as it took Annie to rumble him and put terms to him about his “visit” that included making sure he came with Liberal MPs, Craig Kelly, Chris Back and Angus Taylor in tow – and that there would be full media coverage, including Graham Lloyd from The Australian – for the duration of his “farm stay”.
Needless to say, Simon has gone quiet on that score.
STT has a tip for our Macarthur readers – if he turns up – lock the doors and windows. He’ll eventually go away.
And STT has a couple of tips for Simon – worry less about your plans to put together another community atrocity – and worry more about what happens when the Coalition starts investigating the REC fraud.
The Clean Energy Regulator might be sitting on their hands at the minute, but give it a week or two. The new head boy has already signalled he’s not going to turn a blind eye to REC fraud. And STT hears the REC fraud story is about to run in a number of major papers. But remember folks – you heard it here first.
Hepburn Wind is in the same league as Acciona’s Waubra wind farm. STT’s seen work from independent acoustic experts that shows Hepburn’s operation does not and can not comply with the noise conditions of its planning consent. Collecting RECs when in breach of State law – for eg, the noise conditions of a planning consent – is unlawful.
So, Simon – you might want to worry more about chickens coming home to roost at Hepburn – rather than running about like one with its head removed – using your considerable “charm” to pressure Senators and MPs, and trying to inveigle yourself at Macarthur.
Simon – the “game” is over – after Saturday, the grown ups will be back in charge. The end is nigh.
Fuel Poverty (RET) Related :
- A Totally Idiot Made Electricity Disaster | Climatism
- Australian Summer Forecast: More Blackouts & Rocketing Power Prices | Climatism
- IT’S OFFICIAL : South Australia Has The World’s Highest Power Prices! | Climatism
- POLITICIANS Mad With Global Warming Theory Are Destroying The Economy And Hurting The Poor | Climatism
- DIESEL – Keeping South Australia’s Lights On Til The Next Election! | Climatism
- LIFE In A Fossil-Fuel-Free Utopia | Climatism
- THE Twisted Irony of Deep-Green Energy Policy (RET) | Climatism
World Coal-Fired Power Surge Related :
- GREEN ENERGY FAIL – World Coal Power Development Up 43% | Climatism
- Japan Infuriating Enviros By Building 45 New Coal Power Plants | Climatism
- $7.5bn worth of coal-fired power plants planned for Vietnam | Climatism
- Coal To Remain India’s Main Energy Source For At Least 30 Years, Govt Confirms | Climatism
- China’s Production Of Electricity From Coal Surges To Record Levels | Climatism
Unreliable Energy Related :
- China Counts the Staggering Cost of its Wind Power Experiment | Climatism
- Renewables Retreat: China Slaps Ban on New Wind Power Projects | Climatism
- Germany’s €Trillion Euro Disaster: Wind Power ‘Transition’ Destroys its Industrial Heartland | Climatism
- Adding More Solar And Wind Power ‘Doubles’ CO2 Emissions | Climatism
- Is The Energiewende Running Out Of Steam? | Climatism
- Germany’s Energiewende Nightmare: Grid Collapse Looms Due to Erratic Wind & Solar | Climatism