When The Wind Don’t Blow, The Lights Don’t Glow!Posted: December 1, 2016 Filed under: Australia, Climatism, Fact Check, Fossil Fuels, Government Grants/Funding, Govt Climate Agenda, Green Agenda, Green Energy, Renewables, Unreliables, Wind Farms | Tags: Jay Weatherill, SA Blackout, South Australia, unreliables, Wind Energy, wind energy scam, Wind Farms, wind power Leave a comment
As a prelude to the latest South Australian wind-energy debacle, here are a few quotes about so-called “renewable energy” from individuals and a corporation whose ‘global warmist’ credentials are well-known :
Warren Buffett on wind-power : “We get a tax credit if we build a lot of wind farms. That’s the only reason to build them. They don’t make sense without the tax credit.”
The Godfather of global warming alarmism and former NASA climate chief turned environmental activist, James Hansen, on ‘unreliable’ energy: “Suggesting that renewables will let us phase rapidly off fossil fuels in the United States, China, India, or the world as a whole is almost the equivalent of believing in the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.”
Top Google engineers : “Renewable energy technologies simply won’t work; we need a fundamentally different approach.”
Following on from South Australia’s statewide blackout in September, making it an international joke no less, comes the latest #SAblackout all due thanks to their moral obsession with weather dependent wind energy…
Andrew Bolt, Herald Sun
South Australia gets disconnected from the national electricity grid, meaning it must rely on its own electricity – including all that expensive wind power it boasts about.
Result: blackouts affecting 200,000 people.
ABOUT 200,000 people experienced power outages overnight after South Australia disconnected from the national electricity network.
The Australian Energy Market Regulator said South Australia disconnected from the national network at 12.16am on Thursday but remained operating as a separate entity.
And that’s after the state-wide blackout caused when six wind farms could not handle a storm and tripped out.
More blackouts in South Australia. Where’s the wind? | Herald Sun
- Doomed to the Dark Ages: No Solution for South Australia’s Wind Power Blackouts | Climatism
- ‘Unreliable’ Power Australia – Green Hypocrites Exposed By South Australia Storm | Climatism
- Blackout Blues: Wind Power Obsession Makes South Australia an International Joke | Climatism
- Adding More Solar And Wind Power ‘Doubles’ CO2 Emissions | Climatism
- China Counts the Staggering Cost of its Wind Power Experiment | Climatism
- Germany’s €Trillion Euro Disaster: Wind Power ‘Transition’ Destroys its Industrial Heartland | Climatism
See also :
- How Green Energy Hurts the Poor… | Climatism
- Peer-Review Study : Lessons in wasting money: Use more wind and solar and… emit just as much CO2 « JoNova
- Wind farms — are 96% useless, and cost 150 times more than necessary for what they do « JoNova
- Wind Power: A token gesture to the folly of green madness
- Shock News : Green Energy Not Fit for the Grid
- Wrecking The Environment To Save It | Climatism
- “Green” Germany | Climatism
- Godfather Of Global Warming Alarmism James Hansen Admits Renewable Energy Is A “Nice Idea” Though Useless | Climatism
- Shocker: Top Google Engineers Say Renewable Energy ‘Simply won’t work’ | Climatism