Ontario municipalities ‘ecstatic’ future green energy contracts are on holdPosted: September 28, 2016
Brick by brick the wind energy disaster that is wreaking havoc on people’s lives, their economies and the environment, is being found out and dismantled.
By Kate Porter, CBC News Posted: Sep 28, 2016
Municipalities across Ontario are cheering the government’s decision to suspend its competition for 1,000 megawatts’ worth of big, new renewable energy projects.
But one industry association representing companies that were preparing to try to snag a contract is shocked at the sudden shift in the winds at Queen’s Park.
Ontario’s energy minister said Tuesday there simply isn’t the demand for power to go ahead with its second round of procurement.
Instead, it can save $3.8 billion in costs related to the electricity system and save residents $2.45 a month on their electricity bills, Thibeault said.
In the rural township of North Frontenac, Mayor Ron Higgins’s phone was ringing off the hook after the surprise announcement.
His township’s council was the first to pass a motion earlier this year demanding that any new project receive…
View original post 154 more words