Wind don’t blow, South Australia don’t glowPosted: November 3, 2015
“Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the
equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.”
– Prof Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University
South Australia’s Premier likes to boast his state has more wind power than any other:
Renewables now account for 39 per cent of our electricity generation which is way ahead of the original target we set of 20 per cent. We now have the highest rate of solar penetration per capita of any country in the world and we have the second highest rate of wind farm penetration per capita than any country in the world.
What he doesn’t add is that this not only gives South Australia the country’s highest power prices and a dependency on Victoria’s coal-fired power. It also gives it power that can’t be relied upon, as locals found out yesterday:
POWER has been restored to most South Australian homes after a widespread blackout put thousands into darkness, when the state lost electricity supply from Victoria.
A spokesman for SA Power Networks said the state lost supply from “upstream” when the interconnector shut down, triggering an automatic loss of power — load shedding — in SA, resulting widespread outages…
When the Victorian system shut down, 160 megawatts of energy was lost andwind power did not supply energy because it often does not start until 3am.
- Renewable Power Australia – Green Power Killing Business | Climatism
- Wind Power Investment Collapses in Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Norway | Climatism
- If the Wind’s not Blowing – the Fans aren’t Going | Climatism
- Lessons from Germany’s Wind Power Disaster | Climatism
- Wind Power Costs send Germans back to the Stone Age | Climatism
- Shock News : Policy To Increase Wind Farms Across East Australian Grid “A Dangerous Strategy” | Climatism
- Wrecking The Environment To Save It | Climatism
See also :
- Wind Power: A token gesture to the folly of green madness
- Shock News : Green Energy Not Fit for the Grid
- 14000 Abandoned Wind Turbines In The USA | Climatism
- Big Green Money And Corruption Vs. The Environment | Climatism
- Scotland’s Hall of Shame
- MUST READ James Delingpole: The great wind farm farce – Telegraph