Storminess Of The Little Ice AgePosted: February 19, 2014 Filed under: Carbon Dioxide, Climate Change, Climate History, Empirical Evidence, Extreme Weather, Little Ice Age, Weather | Tags: Climate history, Extreme weather, Low CO² Leave a comment
By Paul Homewood
With the recent run of stormy weather in the UK, it is worth reflecting on just how stormy it was during the Little Ice Age, and even before.
Brian Fagan, in his book “The Little Ice Age”, states that,”throughout Europe, the years 1560-1600 were cooler and stormier, with late wine harvests and considerably stronger winds than those of the 20th Century. Storm activity increased by 85% in the second half of the 16th Century and the incidence of severe storms rose by 400%.”.
HH Lamb comes to similar conclusions, “there was a greater intensity, and a greater frequency, of intense storm development during the Little Ice Age”, in his book “Historic Storms of the North Sea, British Isles and Northwest Europe”.
Edward Bryant, in the book, “Natural Hazards”, gives us a rundown of some of the biggest storms:-
- Four storms…
View original post 1,004 more words
Shock News 1934 : The World’s Climate ChangingPosted: February 19, 2014 Filed under: Carbon Dioxide, Climate Change, Climate Changes, Climate History, Climate History News, Climate Money, Climate science, Climatism, Eco-Activists, Empirical Evidence, Environmentalism, Environmentalists, Global Temperature, Global Warming, Government Grants/Funding, Govt Climate Agenda, Green Agenda, Pseudo-Science, Settled Science, Warmism | Tags: Activist Science, Climate alarmism, Climate Change, Climate science, Post-Normal Science Leave a comment
“Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the
industrialized civilizations collapse?
Isn’t it our responsibility to bring that about?”
– Maurice Strong,
founder of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.“
– Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation
Saturday 23 June, 1934
The fact that during last year 81 of 100 Swiss glaciers decreased in size did not in any way indicate that the earth was becoming warmer and drier, said professor H. C. Richards, Professor of Geology at the Queensland University, yesterday, commenting on a message from Geneva concerning a world-wide drought. Even if the observations of Swiss glaciers were continued over a period of 50 years, he said, the data obtained could not warrant any general statement that the world as a whole was becoming drier or warmer.
Investigations of geological records [show] clearly established cyclic changes in climates to which any particular portion of the earth’s surface was subjected. Australia, for example, had experienced at least four periods of great refrigeration, with accompanying glacial conditions.
23 Jun 1934 – WORLD’S CHANGING CLIMATE Unsafe To Generalise
CO² at the time was ~ 310 PPM.
Entire regions undergoing rapid glacial retreat, mere cycles of the earth system, no cause for alarm. In 1934, scientists did actual science.
In the modern era of post-normal science, with billions of dollars of CO2-centric funding at stake and reputations to advance, it makes perfect sense to generalise that carbon
dioxide pollution is the only thing responsible for the world’s changing climate. Who cares that the “geological records [show] clearly established cyclic changes in climates..” !
In 1945, the planet was again experiencing radical climate change :
Monday 22 January 1945
“Throughout the world the climate is changing,” Mr. Cotsworth continued. “The glaciers of Alaska and Western Canada are retreating. The great Sahara Desert is moving south, drying up Nigerian rivers and the lakes of western Sudan. Australia’s deserts are increasing. The ice cap along the Antarctic, opposite Australia and New Zealand, is receding. Mr. Cotsworth is of the opinion that the greatest single factor governing climatic changes in the Northern Hemisphere is the ice cap on Greenland.
22 Jan 1945 – THE WORLD’S CHANGING CLIMATE – Glaciers retreating, ice caps melting, deserts growing.
CO² at the time was ~ 320 PPM.
In today’s enlightened world of Government funded climate science, Mr. M. B. Cotsworth would have been stripped of funding, excommunicated from the field, publicly vilified for dissent against the orthodoxy, posted up on DeSmogBlog and labelled a denier for claiming radical climate change was due to anything other than man-made carbon
See also :
- Climate History | CACA
- Climate Change Insanity Never Changes | CACA
- Global Warming Theory ~ Circular reasoning at its best | CACA
- Shock News 1923 : Meteorological Office Exists as a Corrective to Scare Mongering | CACA
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | CACA
- Climate money: Monopoly science « JoNova (Judith Curry IPCC Update) | CACA
- Mass Hysteria If A Repeat of 1924-1936 Happened Now | Real Science
Scientists Blackballed For Speaking Outside The Doctrine :
- JCU caves in to badgering and groupthink — blackballs “politically incorrect” Bob Carter « JoNova
- Bob Carter and Lysenkoism – Sacked for Climate Heresy | Louis Hissink’s Crazy World
- The Climate Mafia Strikes Again: The Curious Case of Murry Salby | Power Line
- Did Macquarie University sabotage, exile, blackban, strand and abandon Murry Salby? « JoNova
- MUST READ : Matt Ridley – Why Nobody Ever Calls The Weather Normal
Climate Change History News :
- 21 Apr 1939 – WORLD CLIMATE CHANGING Scientists Puzzled
- 31 Mar 1951 – WEATHER REALLY IS CHANGING NEW YORK, Friday – Diminished sunspot activity.
- 30 Jan 1926 – CHANGING CLIMATE. AMERICAN EXPERIENCE. RECORDED …
- 21 Apr 1939 – WORLD CLIMATE CHANGING Scientists Puzzled
- 1951 – CSIRO CONFIRMS COOLING PLANET – 24 May 1951 – OUR CLIMATE IS CHANGING
- 18 Aug 1953 – Science Answers The Poser: Are Our Seasons Changing…
Climatism Related :
- Climate Scientists 95% Sure The Science Is Unsettled | CACA
- Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History | CACA
- The Worst Scientific Scandal Of Our Generation | CACA
- Bigger, smaller, whatever. It’s global warming. | CACA
- Establishing Propaganda Is Vital For Climate Action | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
- The Missing Hot Spot | CACA
- Former NASA Scientists Reject Global Warming Crisis | CACA
- US SENATE : 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims | CACA
- Driessen : A Climate of Fear, Cash and Correctitude | CACA
- Global Warming Was Never About Science. It Was Always About Power And Money | CACA
- Shock news : UN Carbon Regime Would Devastate Humanity | CACA
- Shock News : UN IPCC Rewrote Temperature History To Suit Their Political Agenda | CACA
- Climate Ambulance Chasing | CACA