Former NASA Scientists Reject Global Warming CrisisPosted: February 2, 2014 Filed under: Alarmism Debunked, Carbon Dioxide, Climate Alarmism, Climate Change, Climate science, Climatism, Consensus, Data Tampering, Eco-Activists, Empirical Evidence, Environmentalism, Government Grants/Funding, Govt Climate Agenda, Green Agenda, NASA, Pseudo-Science, Settled Science, Warmism | Tags: Activism, Alarmism, Climate Change, Global Warming, nasa 1 Comment
“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.“
– Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation
“No matter if the science of global warming is all phony…
climate change provides the greatest opportunity to
bring about justice and equality in the world.”
– Christine Stewart,
former Canadian Minister of the Environment
Over the past few years, large numbers of former NASA scientists have spoken out publicly, on the issue of climate change.
In 2012, a group of 49 former NASA scientists and astronauts wrote a letter in dispute of climate change. Fed up with the alarmist, unscientific and activist position their former employer has taken on the theory of human-induced global warming.
In 2013, a group of 20 ex-NASA scientists concluded that the science used to support the man-made climate change hypothesis is not settled and no convincing physical evidence exists to support catastrophic climate change forecasts.
If it takes ‘former’ scientists, outside of their government employment contract to speak out, what does it say about the bias-for-funding and agenda-driven potential of our most trusted ‘scientific’ agencies?
From Business Insider Australia :
49 Former NASA Scientists Send A Letter Disputing Climate Change
Some prominent voices at NASA are fed up with the agency’s activist stance toward climate change. The following letter asking the agency to move away from climate models and to limit its stance to what can be empirically proven, was sent by 49 former NASA scientists and astronauts.
The letter criticises the Goddard Institute For Space Studies especially, where director Jim Hansen and climatologist Gavin Schmidt have been outspoken advocates for action.
The press release with attached letter is below.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Blanquita Cullum 703-307-9510 bqview at mac.com
Joint letter to NASA Administrator blasts agency’s policy of ignoring empirical evidence
HOUSTON, TX – April 10, 2012.
49 former NASA scientists and astronauts sent a letter to NASA Administrator Charles Bolden last week admonishing the agency for it’s role in advocating a high degree of certainty that man-made CO2 is a major cause of climate change while neglecting empirical evidence that calls the theory into question.
The group, which includes seven Apollo astronauts and two former directors of NASA’s Johnson Space centre in Houston, are dismayed over the failure of NASA, and specifically the Goddard Institute For Space Studies (GISS), to make an objective assessment of all available scientific data on climate change. They charge that NASA is relying too heavily on complex climate models that have proven scientifically inadequate in predicting climate only one or two decades in advance.
H. Leighton Steward, chairman of the non-profit Plants Need CO2, noted that many of the former NASA scientists harbored doubts about the significance of the C02-climate change theory and have concerns over NASA’s advocacy on the issue. While making presentations in late 2011 to many of the signatories of the letter, Steward realised that the NASA scientists should make their concerns known to NASA and the GISS.
“These American heroes – the astronauts that took to space and the scientists and engineers that put them there – are simply stating their concern over NASA’s extreme advocacy for an unproven theory,” said Leighton Steward. “There’s a concern that if it turns out that CO2 is not a major cause of climate change, NASA will have put the reputation of NASA, NASA’s current and former employees, and even the very reputation of science itself at risk of public ridicule and distrust.”
Select excerpts from the letter:
- “The unbridled advocacy of CO2 being the major cause of climate change is unbecoming of NASA’s history of making an objective assessment of all available scientific data prior to making decisions or public statements.”
- “We believe the claims by NASA and GISS, that man-made carbon dioxide is having a catastrophic impact on global climate change are not substantiated.”
- “We request that NASA refrain from including unproven and unsupported remarks in its future releases and websites on this subject.”
via WattsUpWithThat :
Team of Ex-NASA Scientists Concludes No Imminent Threat from Man-Made CO2
More counterpunch to Obama’s recent speech.
Rocket scientists -vs- James Hansen, “in God we trust, all others bring data”
WASHINGTON, Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ – A group of 20 ex-NASA scientists have concluded that the science used to support the man-made climate change hypothesis is not settled and no convincing physical evidence exists to support catastrophic climate change forecasts.
Beginning in February 2012, the group of scientists calling themselves The Right Climate Stuff (TRCS) team received presentations by scientists representing all sides of the climate change debate and embarked on an in-depth review of a number of climate studies.
Employing a disciplined approach of problem identification and root cause analysis honed from decades of dealing with life threatening safety issues in successfully sending astronauts up through Earth’s atmosphere and returning them safely home, the TRCS team concluded that no imminent threat exists from man-made CO2.
TRCS team is comprised of renowned space scientists with formal educational and decades career involvement in engineering, physics, chemistry, astrophysics, geophysics, geology and meteorology. Many of these scientists have Ph.Ds. All TRCS team members are unpaid volunteers who began the project after becoming dismayed with NASA’s increasing advocacy for alarmist man-made climate change theories.
H. Leighton Steward, chairman of CO2isGreen.org as well as the educational non-profit, PlantsNeedCO2.org, makes the following comments regarding the TRCS posting, which can be found at www.therightclimatestuff.com:
- The science of what is causing global climate change or warming is clearly not settled and never has been.
- There is no convincing physical evidence to support the man-made climate change hypothesis. The standard test of a hypothesis is whether it is supported by real observations, which seems to have been ignored by climate alarmists.
- Claims made by proponents of catastrophic man-made warming are dominantly supported by non-validated computer models and the output of these models should not be relied upon by policy-makers. Some TRCS team members have been making critical decisions using complex computer models for decades.
- There is no immediate threat of catastrophic global warming even if some warming occurs. The sea level is not going to suddenly begin a steep acceleration of its 18,000-year rate of rise. Global sea level rise is not currently accelerating despite what climate change alarmists claim.
- The U.S. Government has overreacted to a possible catastrophic warming. The probable negative impacts to the economy, jobs and an increased cost of food, transportation and utilities will be severe and hurt the poor and middle class the most. Real experiments show that Earth’s habitats and ecosystems could be damaged if CO2 levels are actually reduced. Environmentalists have been grossly misled to believe CO2 is a pollutant.
- Empirical evidence shows that Earth is currently “greening” significantly due to additional CO2 and a modest warming.
- Money saved by abandoning a premature rush to lower CO2 emissions could be better spent by continuing research on alternative energies that are not currently competitive or reliable.
The evidence provided by former NASA scientists and astronauts demonstrates why many scientific organisations have – tragically – become almost the last places to hear the truth about climate change. Too many reputations are now at stake.
See also :
- The Truth About the Global Warming Agenda by Former NASA Climatologist | CACA
- US SENATE : 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims | CACA
- NIPCC REPORT – Global Warming Petition Project : 31,487 Sigs (9,029 PHD’s) Global Warming Petition Project
- UN Scientists Who Have Turned on the UN IPCC & Man-Made Climate Fears | Climate Depot
- Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History | CACA
NASA Related :
- Shock News : “U.S. Agencies Accused of Fudging Data to Show Global Warming” | CACA
- Another View Of NASA Temperature Data Tampering | CACA
- NASA’s Quest To Erase The Warm 1930′s | CACA
- NASA and Hansen doctored US temperature graphs..“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.” | CACA
- NASA’s James Hansen in handcuffs again : Nature News Blog
- The Very High Price Of NOAA/NASA Data Tampering | Real Science
CACA Hot Links :
- Sustainability is Malthusianism for the 21st Century | CACA
- Shock news : UN Carbon Regime Would Devastate Humanity | CACA
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | CACA
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Tim Flannery’s Dream | CACA
- Driessen : A Climate of Fear, Cash and Correctitude | CACA
- Global Warming Was Never About Science. It Was Always About Power And Money | CACA
- ‘Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life’ | CACA
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Tim Flannery’s Dream | CACA
- Shock news : Australia has always had heatwaves | CACA
- Judith Curry : Senate EPW Hearing on the President’s Climate Action Plan | CACA
- Shock News : UN IPCC Rewrote Temperature History To Suit Their Political Agenda | CACA
[…] a month ago…….45 NASA scientists come out and challenge the alarmist view of global warming. Former NASA Scientists Reject Global Warming Crisis | Climatism But we're all sure they are just fake scientists. __________________ "America no longer […]