“No matter if the science of global warming is all phony…
climate change provides the greatest opportunity to
bring about justice and equality in the world.”
– Christine Stewart,
former Canadian Minister of the Environment
“Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the
equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.”
– Prof Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University
Academic Study :
WIND FARMS IN EASTERN AUSTRALIA – RECENT LESSONS
“…careful scrutiny of the available wind farm operational data shows that, on the eastern Australian grid, it is not possible for wind energy ever to displace dispatchable, reliable generation supplying the base load demand. In this regard, an examination of the graphs comprising Figure 3 clearly indicates that the proposal by some Australian policymakers to replace major coal-fired power stations with a fleet of wind farms is not technically achievable.
Additionally, the analysis shows that further increased wind penetration, even if spread evenly across the eastern Australian grid, will result in an increasing contribution to grid instability, potentially making wind energy an increasing threat to grid operational security and reliability. To continue a policy strategy to increase wind penetration across the eastern Australian grid, to seek to meet a target of some 20% installed capacity, as has already been achieved in South Australia, (with the presumption that wind may thereby meet 20% of base load requirements), has the potential to be a dangerous strategy.
To address the increased instability due to wind, a fleet of fast-acting OCGT generation plant may well be required to back up wind’s intermittency. The use of a significantly greater proportion of this form of generation, rather than the more thermally-efficient CCGT, in the gas-fired generation plant mix may lead, seemingly paradoxically, to both higher gas consumption and higher GHG emissions from the resulting OCGT/CCGT generation mix than if wind generation was not included in the generation portfolio. “
Even The Godfather Of Global Warming Alarmism James Hansen Admits Renewable Energy Is A ‘Nice Idea’ Though Useless :
Former NASA climate commissar and eco-activist James Hansen admits what sceptics have been saying for years – renewable energy is useless.
“The hope that the wind and the sun and geothermal can provide all of our energy is a nice idea but I find it unlikely that that’s possible.”
“Suggesting that renewables will let us phase rapidly off fossil fuels in the United States, China, India, or the world as a whole is almost the equivalent of believing in the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.”
Will environmentalists and policy makers heed the rare wisdom of the godfather of global warming and climate alarmism? Or is seeming (to be green) more important than reliable, clean energy solutions that work?
Or does embracing clean nuclear energy ignite “population bomb” fears amongst the Malthusians at the United Nations?
Land area and energy output of a typical fossil fuel site, in this case nuclear, compared to wind and solar :
Reaction of the UK Renewable energy association upon seeing this chart says it all really…
Renewable Energy Association : This graph is “unhelpful” – delete it!
UK Gov : It was deleted “because of sensitivities”.
Telegraph Blogs – Will Heaven – Politics
Hat-tip to our Energy Correspondent Emily Gosden for this Department of Energy & Climate Change infographic. It was deleted from Gov.uk this week “because of sensitivities”, according to a DECC press officer. “Hmmm,” says Emily. Quite.
It turns out that the Renewable Energy Association called it “unhelpful” in a press release, pleading that “as Ed Davey stressed… it is not an either/or choice”.
What’s going on at DECC? I’d hate to start a conspiracy, but did the infographic come from the Tory Energy Minister Michael Fallon’s people? Was it squashed by the Lib Dem Energy Secretary, Ed Davey?
Here (via @owenboswarva) is how the Government’s official Hinkley Point C news story looked on Wednesday:
And on Thursday:
Move along people, nothing to see here.
How much land is needed for wind and solar energy production
Shock News : Industrial Wind Is A Fraud Of Enormous Consequence
If Greens love nature, why aren’t they more concerned about carpeting unspoilt, pristine landscapes with bat-chomping, bird-slicing, [industrial] eco crucifixes….?
Related Articles :
- Shock News : Wind turbines would need to cover Wales to supply 17% of UK energy needs | CACA
- Shock News : Promoters overstated environmental benefit of wind farms | CACA
- Let’s copy Germany: 23,000 wind towers make 7% of its electricity to stop 0 degrees of warming
- PEER REVIEW : Lessons in wasting money: Use more wind and solar and… emit just as much CO2 « JoNova
- The dirty secret of Britain’s power madness: Polluting diesel generators built in secret by foreign companies to kick in when there’s no wind for turbines – and other insane but true eco-scandals
- Wind farms vs wildlife : The shocking environmental cost of renewable energy » The Spectator
- Wind farms — are 96% useless, and cost 150 times more than necessary for what they do « JoNova
Climatism Related :
- A Token Gesture To The Folly Of Green Madness | CACA
- Bananas deadlier than Fukushima | CACA
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Barack Obama’s Dream | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago| CACA
- UTTER INSANITY: Spending $160b to cut the temperature by 0.00005 degrees | CACA