The animation below alternates between NSIDC September ice age for the year 2012 and the year 2013.
Note the huge increase in the amount of white colored ice, which they used to call 5+ ice, but now call 4+ ice. Normally they publish a graph showing the extent of ice by age vs. year, but they didn’t include that graph this year.
I created that graph myself, and you can see why they didn’t include it. There is more than four times as much “white” ice as there was last September. This is the ice which they used to call 5+ year old ice. There has been an increase in ice of every age vs. last year, but the oldest and thickest ice has taken an unprecedented jump.
But the most important thing to note is that the older ice is perfectly situated in the western…
View original post 25 more words
If the human contribution to atmospheric CO² is 3%, how much should Mother Nature pay for ‘wrecking’ the climate?
August 5, 2013
This year “will without a doubt” rank in the top five lowest levels of ice extent ever recorded in the satellite era, and there is a good possibility that 2013 could rank second in terms of recorded ice lows, said Walt Meier, a scientist at the National Snow & Ice Data Center.
There is a 100% probability that his 100% certainty was incorrect.
Walt has moved his attentions to the other hemisphere, and is now confused by Antarctic ice.
One scientist who is scrambling and who is visibly baffled is meteorologist Walt Meier, who seems irritated by the new puzzling Antarctic sea ice record
I am going to give Walt a big hint – for free.
The failure of 95% of climate models has made the IPCC 95% certain that the models are correct.
“No matter if the science of global warming is all phony…
climate change provides the greatest opportunity to
bring about justice and equality in the world.”
– Christine Stewart,
former Canadian Minister of the Environment
“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.“
– Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation
What that cash could do if spent on something worthwhile:
The world invested almost a billion dollars a day in limiting global warming last year, but the total figure – $359 billion – was slightly down on last year, and barely half the $700 billion per year that the World Economic Forum has said is needed to tackle climate change.
These are the findings spelled out in the latest Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) report. For the first time, it estimated global North-South cash flows at between $39 and $62 billion.
But the total funding pot fell $5 billion from 2012, and remains just a tiny fraction of the $5 trillion that the International Energy Agency estimates is required by 2020 for clean energy projects alone, if rising temperatures are to be pegged at 2 degrees Celsius.
“Investment to combat and adapt to climate change is happening around the world, but it’s short of where it needs to be and efforts to grow it have not been successful enough,” said Thomas Heller, the executive director of Climate Policy Initiative, the group which compiled the report. Keep Reading »
Warmists burn a billion a day | Herald Sun
Climate Money Related :
- UTTER INSANITY: Spending $160b to cut the temperature by 0.00005 degrees | CACA
- Climate money: Big government outspends big oil « JoNova
- Climate money: Bigger money moves in « JoNova
- Massive climate funding exposed « JoNova
- Shock News : Big Government Money Is Corrupting Climate Science | Real Science
- Climate money: Monopoly science « JoNova (Judith Curry IPCC Update) | CACA
- Bjørn Lomborg: Subsidizing renewables won’t stop global warming | National Post
- The planet may be saved after all, and it will only cost $100 billion of your Tax dollars | Face Forward America
- In Light of Decreased Global Temperatures, It’s Time to Take a Look at the Global Warming Spending Racket | NewsBusters
Climate Related :
- The Truth About the Global Warming Agenda by Former NASA Climatologist | CACA
- ‘Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life’ | CACA
- Bureaucratic Dioxide | CACA
- Mankind’s Shocking Alteration Of The Atmosphere | CACA
- Bananas deadlier than Fukushima (An Environmental Must See) | CACA
- It’s been a bad week for global warming | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA