A Token Gesture To The Folly Of Green MadnessPosted: October 18, 2013 Filed under: Climatism, Fact Check, Failed Green Schemes, Govt Climate Agenda, Green Agenda, Green Energy, Renewables, RET, Taxpayer waste, Unreliables, Wind Farms | Tags: auspol, Climate Change Scam, Global Warming Scam, green energy scam, Industrial Wind, renewables, RET, SA Blackouts, unreliables, Wind Energy, wind energy scam, Wind Farms, wind power 4 Comments
“It doesn’t matter what is true,
it only matters what people believe is true.”
– Paul Watson,
co-founder of Greenpeace
“No matter if the science of global warming is all phony…
climate change provides the greatest opportunity to
bring about justice and equality in the world.”
– Christine Stewart,
former Canadian Minister of the Environment
Data released from one of the largest green energy companies, RWE npower renewables, shows that some large scale industrial wind farms are producing enough electricity only to make a few cups of tea at a time.
And as if it wasn’t bad enough having greedy rent-seeking corporatist vampires and Big Government joining forces to squeeze the blood out of the taxpayer to fund useless and inefficient ‘feel-good’ delusions. Now greedy windmills are sucking the very electricity out of the grid that they are meant to be feeding back, in order to run basic power supplies on site! A phenomenon known in the industry as “parasitic consumption”.
Wind Farms, a true token gesture to the folly of green madness …
Data released by one of the largest green energy companies shows wind farms producing enough electricity only to boil two to three kettles at a time.
At one stage last week, three big wind farms even took electricity out of the National Grid– to run basic power supplies on site – rather than actually supplying electricity to households.
The wind farms’ owner said that in still conditions electricity “import” can occur for a few hours until the wind picks up. Such a phenomenon is known in the industry as “parasitic consumption”.
The figures show just how little electricity giant turbines produce at certain times bolstering claims by critics that wind turbines cannot be relied upon to provide a constant source of electricity.
The Telegraph examined a snapshot of RWE’s own figures on Thursday afternoon last week. One wind farm Trysglwyn, which is in Anglesey in Wales, was producing a total of 6 kilowatts (KW) – just enough to boil two kettles each with 3KW of power.
The wind farm has 14 turbines and a theoretical capacity of 5.6 megawatts (MW). In other words, the wind farm was producing just 0.001 per cent of its maximum capacity.
The wind farms that generate enough power to make a few cups of tea – Telegraph
Wind farms love storms – turn turbines off and get paid 10 or more times as much for not producing anything
ENERGY firms netted a £1million windfall from the taxpayer as last week’s killer storm ripped across the country.
After 80mph gales swept southern Britain, leaving 500,000 homes without power, much of the electricity generated by the biggest wind farms was deemed surplus to the needs of the National Grid.
That triggered compensation payments to some of the Big Six energy companies, who are major investors in the on-shore wind industry. The handouts, known as constraint payments, totalled almost £1million over 24 hours.
That brings the total paid out to wind farm owners for unused electricity this year to £26million.
The compensation deal will enrage hard-pressed homeowners at a time when they are being hit by inflation-busting price rises of up to 27 per cent.
Tory MP Chris Heaton-Harris, who spearheads the parliamentary campaign against on-shore wind farms, branded the payments an outrage. Continue Reading »
Cashing in on our misery: Britons forked out £1m to energy firms during megastorm | UK | News | Daily Express
Millions of trees have been chopped down to clear the way for wind farms in Scotland’s countryside since Alex Salmond came to power, according to official figures published today.
The Forestry Commission has disclosed that more than 6,200 acres (2,510 hectares) of trees north of the Border have been felled to allow the construction of wind farms since 2007.
With the commission estimating that on average 810 trees are planted per acre, this is the equivalent of more than five million being chopped down.
Over the same period, fewer than 2,000 acres of trees have been replanted within wind farm sites. This means there has been net loss of around 3.4 million trees to make way for turbines. Continue Reading »
Millions of trees chopped down to make way for Scottish wind farms – Telegraph
The Maths behind why Renewable Energies (wind/solar) are useless :
Related Articles :
- Shock News : Industrial Wind Is A Fraud Of Enormous Consequence | CACA
- Shock News : Policy To Increase Wind Farms Across East Australian Grid “A Dangerous Strategy” | CACA
- Win Win Wind-farms! A subsidy to build , a subsidy to operate & now a subsidy to close down when it’s too windy!
- Shock News : Wind Farms Don’t Reduce CO² Emissions – Promoters overstated the environmental benefit of wind farms – Telegraph
- Shock News : Wind turbines would need to cover Wales to supply a sixth of country’s energy needs – Telegraph
- Wind farms — are 96% useless, and cost 150 times more than necessary for what they do « JoNova
- The best article on wind farms you will ever read – Delingpole Telegraph Blogs
- Why do I call them bat-chomping, bird-slicing eco crucifixes….? – Delingpole Telegraph Blogs
- When will this green madness cease? – Delingpole Telegraph Blogs
- President Obama’s Climate Plan Would Kill Hundreds Of Millions Of Birds And Bats – Forbes
- Lomborg: Wind power is cheap only compared with other alternative energies. – Slate Magazine
- Let’s copy Germany: 23,000 wind towers make 7% of its electricity to stop 0 degrees of warming
- Good riddance to wind farms – one of the most dangerous delusions of our age | Mail Online
- MUST SEE VIDEO – Turbine stand still : Prime time : SunNews Video Gallery
Absolute MUST Read :
Environmental Damage Associated With Renewable Energy (Wind/Solar):
- In China, the true cost of Britain’s clean, green wind power experiment: Pollution on a disastrous scale
- Abound Solar’s Toxic Waste Highlights Enviro Hypocrisy on Pollution
- PEER REVIEW: Toxic health risks associated with rare earth metals extracted for use in solar PV’s and industrial wind turbines.
- PEER REVIEW: Lessons in wasting money: Use more wind and solar and… emit just as much CO2
- The dirty secret of Britain’s power madness: Polluting diesel generators built in secret by foreign companies to kick in when there’s no wind for turbines – and other insane but true eco-scandals
- Wind farms vs wildlife : The shocking environmental cost of renewable energy » The Spectator
- Lessons in wasting money: Use more wind and solar and… emit just as much CO2 « JoNova – Peer Review Paper
Climatism Related :
- Bananas deadlier than Fukushima | CACA
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Barack Obama’s Dream | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago| CACA
- UTTER INSANITY: Spending $160b to cut the temperature by 0.00005 degrees | CACA
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Barack Obama’s Dream | CACA
- One Of The More Illuminating Articles You May Ever Read On Global Warming | CACA
- Climate money: Monopoly science « JoNova (Judith Curry IPCC Update) | CACA
- Global Warming Theory ~ Circular reasoning at its best | CACA
- Bureaucratic Dioxide | CACA
Quote source : The Green Agenda
Delingpole quote : rent-seeking corporatist vampires and Big Government joining forces to squeeze the blood out of the taxpayer
I’m now not certain the place you are getting your info, but great topic. I must spend some time learning more or figuring out more. Thanks for fantastic info I used to be in search of this information for my mission.
Thanks for every other magnificent post. Where else may anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect approach of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such info.
We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with valuable info to paintings on. You’ve performed a formidable process and our whole neighborhood can be thankful to you.
Hi there, I found your blog via Google at the same time as looking for a comparable subject, your web site got here up, it appears great. I’ve added to my favourites|added to bookmarks.