BANANAS Deadlier Than FukushimaPosted: October 16, 2013
“We need to get some broad based support,
to capture the public’s imagination…
So we have to offer up scary scenarios,
make simplified, dramatic statements
and make little mention of any doubts…
Each of us has to decide what the right balance
is between being effective and being honest.“
– Prof. Stephen Schneider,
Stanford Professor of Climatology,
lead author of many IPCC reports
“I believe it is appropriate to have an ‘over-representation’ of the facts
on how dangerous it is, as a predicate for opening up the audience.”
– Al Gore,
Climate Change activist
“It doesn’t matter what is true,
it only matters what people believe is true.”
– Paul Watson,
co-founder of Greenpeace
“The only way to get our society to truly change is to
frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe.”
– emeritus professor Daniel Botkin
After watching Vegtar’s debunking masterclass, the question must be asked. Is poverty and stagnation better for the environment than prosperity and growth?
A picture tells a thousand words …
Without access to fossil fuels, every tree on the planet would have been cut down by now, to provide for peoples heating, cooking and industry.
When we’re burning fossil fuels, it means we’re not burning something else and cutting down forests. The more we burn fossil fuels, the more we can produce fertiliser. That means we use less land to grow food, so we can spare land for forests. So there is net forest increase, particularly in America. New England used to be 70% farmland, it’s now 70% forest. Countries like Bangladesh are growing more forest.
The best example of this is the border between Haiti and the Dominican Republic (See pic above). Haiti is almost 99% deforested, as they rely totally on wood for domestic and industrial fuel. On the other side, the forests of the fossil fuel burning, eco-terrorists – the Dominican Republic, remain lush and green.
But over and above that, there is a fascinating new discovery that the world as a whole is getting greener. The Amazon is actually getting greener. And the reason is partly because more carbon dioxide is going into the atmosphere, and that makes plants grow faster.
A new satellite that measures greening of the earth has found that about 20% is getting greener. So the rain forests and forests of the world are getting greener from burning CO2. That happens to be a very unwelcome message for the environmental movement, but it happens to be true.
We’ve spent so long demonising fossil fuels, without objectively assessing the enormous benefits they provide, both for the environment and for the health and wellbeing of society in general.
The cheap, reliable nature of fossil fuels even made it possible to end slavery! Because we use machines instead of people. You either have cheap labour or cheap energy.
See also :
How environmental extremism has led directly to Germany’s historic rise in “dirty” coal use …
Oh the dilemma. German Greens have been so “successful” that coal use is rising fast. They helped get rid of the nukes in 2011, punished coal, and subsidized “renewables”. But woe…. energy has to come from somewhere, so the paradoxical crunch comes. Green policies mean that everyone is poorer, but the cheapest energy comes from coal …
The coal industry must be praying for more Green activism:
“IT’S been a black Christmas for green thinkers as Germany, the world leader in rooftop solar and pride of the renewable energy revolution has confirmed its rapid return to coal.
After scrapping nuclear power, Germany’s carbon dioxide emissions are back on the rise as the country clamours to reopen some of the dirtiest brown coalmines that have been closed since the reunification of east and west. The Australian. Continue Reading »
The twisted irony of the most ideologically aggressive ’Green’ nation on the planet, Germany, spending over 1/2 trillion €uros on ‘feel-good’ renewable energy, only to undertake the most aggressive expansion of ‘dirty’ coal fire power in her history!
That’s green logic for you.
See also :
- Germany out in the coal | Columnists | Opinion | Toronto Sun
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Barack Obama’s Dream | CACA
- Global warming: James Delingpole claims green zealots are destroying the planet | Mail Online (Why economic prosperity is the greatest driver of environmental health)
- How Environmental Organizations Are Destroying The Environment | Watts Up With That?
- Why The Parrotfish Should Be The National Bird | Watts Up With That?
- Climate Change and Poverty | G Cornelis van Kooten
- Climate Confusion | G Cornelis van Kooten
- We have met the 1%, and he is us | Watts Up With That?
- A must watch – Greening the Planet – Dr. Matt Ridley | Watts Up With That?
- Deserts ‘greening’ from rising CO2 | CSIRO
- Panic is deadlier than killer bananas – China.org.cn
Link Updates :
- Driessen : A Climate of Fear, Cash and Correctitude | CACA
- Global Warming Was Never About Science. It Was Always About Power And Money | CACA
- ‘Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life’ | CACA
- The Great Global Warming Climate Shift | CACA
Climatism Links :
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
- Peer into the Heart of the IPCC, Find Greenpeace | CACA
- Think You Know Greenpeace? Look Again | NoFrakkingConsensus
- IPCC SHOCK NEWS : Himalayan glaciers to melt (again) by 2035 | CACA
- UN-Settled Science
- Sea Level Rise | CACA
- Connect The Dots On Climate Change … Alarmism | CACA
- 44th Pacific “Sinking Islands” Extortion Forum | CACA
- 97% of climate models say that 97% of climate scientists are wrong | CACA
- Bureaucratic Dioxide
- Modelling Climate Alarmism
- One Of The More Illuminating Articles You May Ever Read On Global Warming | CACA
- SHOCKING NEWS! Arctic Summers Ice-Free in a Few Days! | CACA
- IPCC In Complete Denial That The Sun Is Causing Global Cooling | CACA
- Climate money: Monopoly science « JoNova (Judith Curry IPCC Update) | CACA
- Global Warming Theory ~ Circular reasoning at its best | CACA
Quote source : The Green Agenda