IPCC In Complete Denial That The Sun Is Causing Global CoolingPosted: October 8, 2013
“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.“
– Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation
“No matter if the science of global warming is all phony…
climate change provides the greatest opportunity to
bring about justice and equality in the world.”
– Christine Stewart,
former Canadian Minister of the Environment
The IPCC is the United Nations body most responsible for spreading panic about global warming and the body with a strong vested interest in keeping that panic alive.
So it came with no surprise that last weeks “Summary For Policymakers” (a document written to scare the public and politicians into providing more funding into their own research and their own political agenda) concluded with 95% certainty that human’s have caused most of the warming since 1950. Their confidence upgraded from 90% in the 2007 AR4 climate report. The increasing certainty quite outrageous when you consider the IPCC has gained confidence in catastrophic warming (with each subsequent report) even as temperatures have declined :
Another interesting and contradictory fact is the IPCC has experienced No Warming For 70% Of Its Entire History!
via Real Science :
We are now at AR5 with zero warming since AR4. The last IPCC report which actually experienced any warming was SAR in 1995. In fact, the vast majority of the IPCC’s history has seen zero warming, and prior to that the warming was primarily due to rebound from Mt. Pinatubo cooling.
This complete lack of warming through most of the IPCC’s history has led them to 95% certainty that humans are heating the world out of control.
That level of certainty “has increased with every report,” notes Dr. Hayhoe, an expert reviewer for the IPCC. “Because we have more data, we have more science, we have more observations.”
In fact there has been no statistically-significant global warming for the majority of the satellite era or around 17-23 years, despite skyrocketing emissions over the same period :
The observed temperature reality of there being no global warming over the past 15-17 years had alarm bells ringing for the global warming cult prior to the release of the IPCC’s latest ‘climate bible’ report. Armed with such ‘bad news’, some policy makers and governments, fearing the observational facts could hinder their ability to implement climate taxes and draconian emission controls, possibly limit climate related funding and tarnish scientific reputations, sort to have the lack of global warming eliminated from the latest report.
For the alarmist IPCC scientists, it’s a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don’t situation. Bringing up the warming stop surely will be ammo for the skeptics, but so would ignoring it. Should we feel sorry for them? I don’t think so. It was they themselves who manoeuvred their own jewels between the jaws of the vise. Last chance to pull them out!
The report is still in a draft version and will be finalised over the next five days with heated discussion centring on how to explain the fact that since 1998 the earth’s temperature has barely risen.
It is claimed some governments have even tried to intervene to remove references to the 15 year climate change ‘hiatus’ or ‘pause’.
The warming ‘Pause’ was vaguely mentioned in the latest IPCC report, albeit claiming the “Missing heat” is hiding in the deep oceans, where quite conveniently we have no accurate measuring capabilities.
What the IPCC should be spending their billions of dollars of taxpayers money on, is answering the BIG climate question of why has the planet been cooling since 2002? Because a step back into a new Ice-Age, which is what the data tells us, has far worse implications than the IPCC’s modelled warming of 1-2°C by 2100, which would most likely be beneficial to humanity.
Former Climate professor Dr Tim Ball explains what’s really happening with our climate and importantly discusses what is going on with that big yellow fire-ball in the sky which the IPCC deems plays no part in climate change.
Via WND Radio
Low sunspot activity means Earth chilling until at least 2030
Far from being the final word on climate change, last week’s United Nations report suggesting near certainty that human activity is causing a rise in Earth’s temperatures is actually further proof that the conventional wisdom is dead wrong and the Earth is cooling right on schedule, according to one of the leading scientists who is skeptical of the climate-change premise.
Last week, the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, or IPCC, reported it was 95 percent certain that climate change was the result of human activity, specifically the burning of fossil fuels that emit “greenhouse gases.”
“That’s the result that they get when you premeditate your science,” said Dr. Tim Ball, former professor of climatology at the University of Winnipeg. “When you set out to establish a certain scientific outcome and you program your computers to do that, you shouldn’t be surprised if that’s the result you get. The problem is what they’re getting out of their computers is not fitting with what’s actually happening. Of course, that’s been the problem with the IPCC all along.”
Ball told WND the deception of the IPCC and its allies can be seen in how the reports are released, with the policy statement drawing headlines while the scientific information comes later and is largely ignored.
“(The summary for policymakers) is a document written to scare to public and scare the politicians into providing more funding for their own research and their own political agenda,” he said. “The actual science report, which it supposedly is based on isn’t going to be released right away. They’ve always done it his way because the summary for policymakers completely disagrees with what the science report is saying. They know that the media and the public are not going to read the science report. And they also know that if any of them get into it, they won’t understand it anyway.”
The latest data actually show temperatures have dropped in recent years. The IPCC and other scientists have branded this as a “pause” in climate change. Ball said that characterization implies that temperatures are temporarily holding steady and will inevitably rise again soon. He said that conclusion is dead wrong.
“The temperature is going down and has for 17 years while carbon dioxide increases,” Ball said. “According to their hypothesis and model, that’s simply not supposed to happen. Rather than doing what they should do and coming out and saying, ‘Our science is wrong, our models are wrong and we apologize for all the inconvenience we’ve caused you,’ they’re just plowing ahead.”
The long-held contention of those who warn of climate catastrophe is that rising carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere lead to higher temperatures. So if that belief is incorrect, why are temperatures getting cooler?
“The sun is causing the cooling that’s going on. The sun reached a peak of activity around 2000 and has been declining ever since,” said Ball, who noted that the cooling trend will continue for years to come.
“We’re heading toward what occurred around the year 1800. It was called the Dalton Minimum of low sunspot activities,” he explained. “We certainly are down to that in number of sunspots this year. That means the cooling will continue at least until 2030 and yet the government is preparing for warming, which is outrageous. Some people think that this cycle of sunspot activity and global cooling will take us down to as cold as it was around 1680, which was the nadir of the Little Ice Age.”
More evidence backing up Ball’s position comes from the polar regions. New reports from the National Snow and Ice Data Center suggest Antarctic ice levels are at record highs. Ball said the southern hemisphere has been cooling for some time. He believes the clinching evidence comes from the Arctic Circle.
“This was the year that even one scientist at NASA predicted that the Arctic ice in the summer would be gone completely,” he said. “Well, there’s 60 percent more ice this year than last year and the reason is because of the cooling sun and the cooling temperatures.”
Ball also rejects the contention that climate change brings on more extreme weather events, not just higher temperatures. He said hurricane season was very quiet this year and tornadoes were down as well. He chalked up record high and low temperatures to the jet stream shifting from a west-east flow to more of a north-south line.
The “premeditated” science is a major culprit for the climate-change concerns, according to Ball. But he also blames the media.
“The main reason they were able to get away with what they’ve gotten away with is that a majority of the mainstream media were complicit in what (the IPCC and other scientists) were doing,” Ball said. “This is where the Founding Fathers have been corrupted because they believed the media would be the watchdogs, the gatekeepers. The mainstream media have failed completely.”
Global Cooling Related:
- Solar activity heads for lowest low in four centuries – environment – 01 November 2013 – New Scientist
- MUST READ : Global Cooling – Why Humans Don’t Have Much To Do With Climate Change | Lawrence Solomon
- Global warming? No, actually we’re cooling, claim scientists
- Forget global warming!? Earth undergoing global COOLING since 2002!
- Global Cooling is Here | Global Research
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
- GLOBAL WARMING THEORY – Circular reasoning at its best | CACA
- 1970s Global Cooling Alarmism
- MUST SEE – DR DON EASTERBROOK – US State Senate Committee Climate Change Presentation 03-26-2013 – 1h 30m
- IPCC : 95% Certain That 18th Century Glacial Retreat Was Due To Your SUV | CACA
Related IPCC AR5 Articles :
- IPCC Officially Kills Off Catastrophic Climate Fears | CACA
- No steel roof required: IPCC dials back the fear of extreme weather | CACA
- Report gives the truth about climate at last | CACA
- The 2013 IPCC AR5 Report: Facts -vs- Fictions | CACA
- IPCC report: very confident our gasses weren’t so bad | Herald Sun
- Lindzen: IPCC more certain just as its models fall apart | Herald Sun
- Top MIT scientist: Newest UN climate report is ‘hilariously’ flawed | The Daily Caller
- The unsellable Global Warming pitch by the IPCC: Yes, humans are definitely behind all this Global Warming we aren’t having
- IPCC: Yes, humans are definitely behind all this global warming we aren’t having • The Register
- Reactions to IPCC AR5 Summary for Policy Makers | Watts Up With That?
- Global warming believers are feeling the heat – Telegraph | James Delingpole
- 95% (?) – Climatologist Judith Curry IPCC AR5 Summary | CACA
- No Warming For 70% Of The IPCC’s History
- No Warming For The Majority Of The Satellite Era
- IPCC more sure about less | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog
Climatism Links :
- Peer into the Heart of the IPCC, Find Greenpeace | CACA
- Déjà Vu : Himalayan glaciers to melt (again) by 2035! | CACA
- UN-Settled Science
- 44th Pacific “Sinking Islands” Extortion Forum | CACA
- 97% of climate models say that 97% of climate scientists are wrong | CACA
- Bureaucratic Dioxide
- Modelling Climate Alarmism
- GLOBAL WARMING THEORY – Circular reasoning at its best
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Barack Obama’s Dream | CACA
- One Of The More Illuminating Articles You May Ever Read On Global Warming | CACA
- SHOCKING NEWS! Arctic Summers Ice-Free in a Few Days! | CACA
- Climate money: Monopoly science « JoNova | CACA