Bob Geldof : ‘We’re facing a mass extinction event’Posted: October 4, 2013
“The only way to get our society to truly change is to
frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe.”
– emeritus professor Daniel Botkin
“Humanity is sitting on a time bomb. If the vast majority of the
world’s scientists are right, we have just ten years to avert a
major catastrophe that could send our entire planet’s climate system
into a tail-spin of epic destruction involving extreme weather, floods,
droughts, epidemics and killer heat waves beyond anything we have
ever experienced – a catastrophe of our own making.”
– Al Gore,
An Inconvenient Truth
“We are getting close to catastrophic tipping points,
despite the fact that most people barely notice the warming yet.”
– Dr James Hansen,
“This planet is on course for a catastrophe.
The existence of Life itself is at stake.”
– Dr Tim Flannery,
Principal Research Scientist
“The world can decide in a fit of madness to kill itself,” announced Bob Geldof at the launch of the One Young World summit in Johannesburg. “Sometimes progress may not be possible.
“We’re in a very fraught time,” he added. “There will be a mass extinction event. That could happen on your watch.
“The signs are that it will happen and soon.”
Sir Bob, wearing his trademark sunglasses, addressed 8,000 One Young World delegates from 190 nations across the world in Soccer City, Johannesburg last night. He is a counsellor for the organisation, which hopes to inspire and create the next generation of global leaders.
The Live Aid founder and one-time Boomtown rat announced that his generation has let down the young people of today. “My generation has failed more than others. You cannot let your generation fail. The next war will not be a World War 1 or a World War 2, it will be the end.
The “generation [that] has failed more than others” contributes 12 parts per million or 0.0012% of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. That is enough greenhouse gas to make the planet so sick that there has been no statistically-significant global warming for the majority of the satellite era or around 17 – 23 years :
If man’s contribution to CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is 3% and mother nature’s is 97%, does that mean mother nature has “failed” our generation 97% more than evil humans? (not that her or our CO2 has caused any warming, at all, over the past 15 years!
Facts and empirical evidence don’t mean much to Liberal eco-doomsters like Geldof. A stage and a ‘feel-good’ cause is where his ideologically blind “generation” is at.
Maybe Geldof should lose the aviators and take a look at the empirical evidence.
Andrew Bolt of the Herald Sun sums up the extreme alarmism syndrome suffered by those residing in the tower of moral sanctimony :
Warming alarmists are growing even more hysterical, despite a failure of the world’s atmosphere to warm for 15 years …
The global warming faith has inspired enormous idiocy and scaremongering, in part because of the prophet’s licence – that a lie told to save humanity is a virtue.
Related Articles :
- Scientists Recommend Having Earth Put Down | CACA
- Empirically Naming Climate Alarmists | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
- Geldof: warming could wipe us out by 2030 – Herald Sun – Bolte
- 44th Pacific “Sinking Islands” Extortion Forum | CACA
- Bureaucratic Dioxide
- GLOBAL WARMING THEORY – Circular reasoning at its best
- One Of The More Illuminating Articles You May Ever Read On Global Warming | CACA
- SHOCKING NEWS! Arctic Summers Ice-Free in a Few Days! | CACA
- Climate money: Monopoly science « JoNova (Judith Curry IPCC Update) | CACA
- Global warming? No, actually we’re cooling, claim scientists
- Forget global warming!? Earth undergoing global COOLING since 2002!
Peer-Reviewed studies that confirm a lack of any recent global warming :
- Reconciling anthropogenic climate change with observed temperature 1998–2008
- Retrospective prediction of the global warming slowdown in the past decade
- Overestimated global warming over the past 20 years – Nature Climate Change 28/8/2013
- Recent global-warming hiatus tied to equatorial Pacific surface cooling – Nature Journal 28/8/2013
- Warmist scientists talk about no Global Warming
Quotes via The Green Agenda
H/t to @IdontbelieveinC : Twitter / ‘We’re facing a mass extinction …