IPCC SHOCK NEWS : Himalayan glaciers to melt (again) by 2035Posted: September 26, 2013
“The common enemy of humanity is man.
In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up
with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming,
water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these
dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through
changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome.
The real enemy then, is humanity itself.”
– Club of Rome,
premier environmental think-tank,
consultants to the United Nations (IPCC)
“The Earth has cancer
and the cancer is Man.”
– Club of Rome,
consultants to the United Nations (IPCC)
“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.”
– Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation
Oh Dear. The United Nations’ IPCC are back with another dose of fear-mongering and climate alarmism. The new statement comes after a highly embarrassing, since-retracted claim, that global warming could cause the Himalayan glaciers to disappear by 2035. The claim which featured in the IPCC’s 2007 assessment report (AR4) was sourced from a 2005 World Wildlife Fund publication.
Their latest statement, on the eve of the release of the newest edition of the ‘climate bible’, is of truly Himalayan proportions.
In 2010 The Australian reported :
THE peak UN body on climate change has been dealt another humiliating blow to its credibility after it was revealed a central claim of one of its benchmark reports – that most of the Himalayan glaciers would melt by 2035 because of global warming – was based on a “speculative” claim by an obscure Indian scientist. Continue Reading »
Warmist CNN carried an apology from the IPCC chiefs in January 2010:
(CNN) — The U.N.’s leading panel on climate change has apologized for misleading data published in a 2007 report that warned Himalayan glaciers could melt by 2035.
In a statement released Wednesday, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said estimates relating to the rate of recession of the Himalayan glaciers in its Fourth Assessment Report were “poorly substantiated” adding that “well-established standards of evidence were not applied properly.” Continue Reading »
Fast forward to 2013, on the eve of AR5’s release, and the IPCC Himalayan alarmists return!
Global Warming About to Claim Three Quarters of a Billion People
25 September 2013
The IPCC – the international body of scientists analyzing global climate change – is releasing its new report in stages over the next week and this early piece was reported on by the Financial Times on Monday. Under the headline “Climate Change Chief Sounds Alert on Himalayan Glaciers,” the opening sentence of the article by Pilita Clark summarizes a very tightly:
“The glaciers of the Himalayas are melting so fast they will affect the water supplies of a population twice that of the US within 22 years, the head of the world’s leading authority on climate change has warned.”
Diehard ‘Truthout’ climate alarmism :
It means that hundreds of millions of people will be displaced, will starve, and will die. It means wars. It means famines. It means raging forest fires and the death of grasslands. It means the acidification of our oceans and the destruction of our ocean ecosystems. It means that we stand on the edge of tipping points that hurtle humanity toward extinction.
Does the IPCC have no shame? Have they not learnt from past mistakes? Or are there simply no limits to climate alarmism and fear-mongering when it’s all for a good cause?
If we take the words of Prof. Stephen Schneider, lead author of many IPCC reports, this latest Himalayan scare is nothing out of the ordinary and is really, par for the course :
“We need to get some broad based support,
to capture the public’s imagination…
So we have to offer up scary scenarios,
make simplified, dramatic statements
and make little mention of any doubts…
Each of us has to decide what the right balance
is between being effective and being honest.”
– Prof. Stephen Schneider,
Stanford Professor of Climatology,
lead author of many IPCC reports
Steven Goddard of Real Science comments:
“Apparently Pauchuri doesn’t think that he did enough damage to the reputation of the IPCC the last time round, and is going for a repeat performance.”
Himalaya Studies :
- The Himalayas and nearby peaks have lost no ice in past 10 years, study shows | Environment | The Guardian
- Clearing record snowfall in the Himalayas | IceAgeNow
- Ice capades – Some Himalayan Glaciers Growing, study suggests a negative sea level rise adjustment | Watts Up With That?
- Glaciers Growing in Western Himalayas | IceAgeNow
- Himalayas have lost no ice in past 10 years, study shows | IceAgeNow
- Warmist Retreat: Water shortage alarm from Himalayan melt called off | Climate Depot
- THE HOCKEY SCHTICK: Never mind: IPCC claim of 750 killed by global warming within 22 years falsified by new paper
IPCC AR4 Error related :
- IPCC admits error on Himalayan glacier melt fiasco | Watts Up With That?
- Told ya so…IPCC to retract claim on Himalayan Glacier Melt – Pachauri’s “arrogance” claim backfires | Watts Up With That?
- World misled over melting Himalayan glaciers | IceAgeNow
Related Articles :
Climatism Links :
- Peer into the Heart of the IPCC, Find Greenpeace | CACA
- NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago | CACA
- UN-Settled Science
- 44th Pacific “Sinking Islands” Extortion Forum | CACA
- 97% of climate models say that 97% of climate scientists are wrong | CACA
- Bureaucratic Dioxide
- Modelling Climate Alarmism
- GLOBAL WARMING THEORY – Circular reasoning at its best
- Europe’s Green Energy Basket Case Is Barack Obama’s Dream | CACA
- One Of The More Illuminating Articles You May Ever Read On Global Warming | CACA
- SHOCKING NEWS! Arctic Summers Ice-Free in a Few Days! | CACA
- Climate money: Monopoly science « JoNova | CACA
h/t to Real Science